Agua Class - What are the spa benefits?

Nashna

We are sailing for the first time this August on the Summit in Aqua Class. What are the complimentary services available to Aqua Class passengers in the spa? Thanks in advance for your input.

Different soaps/toiletries, pillow menu, eXhale bedding, Complimentary tote bag and, eating in Blu.

If there is little price differential, it can be worth it but if the price is much higher, in my opinion, it is a waste of money.

The major benefit in the spa area is complimentary use of the Persian Garden. This includes relaxing on a heated ceramic tile lounger and use of steam rooms, sauna, and tropical showers.

The major benefit in the spa area is complimentary use of the Persian Garden. This includes relaxing on a heated ceramic tile lounger and use of steam rooms, sauna, and tropical showers.

Is it possible to buy the spa pass for a 7 night cruise and what is the price? Is it worth it? On the NCL boards I have seen posts about people rushing to get the pass.

Thanks

Sue

Thank you. I had read on another review from an Aqua Class passenger that they did not know they had special access to the spa extras. Why doesn't Celebrity mention these Aqua options on their website?

Thank you. I had read on another review from an Aqua Class passenger that they did not know they had special access to the spa extras. Why doesn't Celebrity mention these Aqua options on their website?

They do, or at least did the last time I checked. Could be that many people new to Celebrity may not know what the Persian Gardens are and therefore, may miss it when they read about AQ perks. Also, the "Spa" to many means the commercial portion of the Spa area that sells various services and products, including being the gatekeepers (verifies who gets free access and those who must pay for access) of the Persian Gardens. Can be rather confusing to many since the PGs and the regular commercial Spa are all co-located.

Another perk is the Relaxation Room which is only on the Solstice Class ships. This is supposed to be an AQ perk but in my experience it has been used by everyone on the ship.

Here's the AQ perks clearly stated on the web site.

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

Welcome bottled water

Daily delivery of flavored tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

Edited by dkjretired

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments - Just where do we find this concierge? We have stayed in many AQ's and never encountered one. My Dh goes to the spa on the first day and makes his own arrangements.

To the OP. The heated loungers are not on the Summit class ship. There is one long tiled and heated sofa type thing that you can sit on with other people, instead of the lounges on the Solstice class. It is not very comfortable, IMO.

Thank you. I did see mention of the Persian Garden in the category description. However, when I checked with the Celebrity website there was not a description of what was actually in the Persian Garden. Those heated seats on Summit do look rather uncomfortable. My husband will love using the sauna, so we will get some use out of the area.

Thank you. I did see mention of the Persian Garden in the category description. However, when I checked with the Celebrity website there was not a description of what was actually in the Persian Garden. Those heated seats on Summit do look rather uncomfortable. My husband will love using the sauna, so we will get some use out of the area.

Since you're on the Summit, don't forget the pool in the Solarium, it is quite nice, like a big whirlpool.

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments - Just where do we find this concierge? We have stayed in many AQ's and never encountered one. My Dh goes to the spa on the first day and makes his own arrangements.

To the OP. The heated loungers are not on the Summit class ship. There is one long tiled and heated sofa type thing that you can sit on with other people, instead of the lounges on the Solstice class. It is not very comfortable, IMO.

I've been emailing with lscheller@canyonranch.com and she has been beyond helpful!! She took a list of our spa requests and will book them as soon as the calendar opens up

Thanks, but we prefer to wait and see what the specials are. Just read on another thread where if you book an excursion online, you may get a spa card in your stateroom offering a significant discount. We also have the Elite offer of 15% off, plus other specials pop up during the week.

The Spa "Concierge" on Equinox was a grumpy man who, on our first visit told us "come back later its very busy just now!" ugh!

Celebrity's Spa area is a mega letdown - doesn't compare to NCL or Costa (Samsara on Costa is amazing!) . Even their refreshment stand offers very little. Perhaps on other ships it is better (I will find out soon) but on Equinox the SPA was very poorly monitored and looked after. No orange water, a few floating lemons (suspiciously from the day before) floating around in a tank of water - just very non Spa like!

Celebrity need to up their game on the SPA front - BLU is really the only reason for booking Aqua.

There are free saunas in the locker room areas on the Summit for all passengers to use

(on deck 10 forward, near the spa area, men's on starboard side; women's on port side).

And that's another letdown.:( Segregating the men and women. It's not like that in the Solstice class ships. DH and I would like to sauna together.

Talk about a spa...Disney has a great spa!

Edited by Iamthesea

There are free saunas in the locker room areas on the Summit for all passengers to use

(on deck 10 forward, near the spa area, men's on starboard side; women's on port side).

Can anyone tell me whether these are available on the Reflection? Thanks.

Just completed Agua Class on Summit. All of the perks were nice, location was great was in 1128. The different saunas in the Persian garden were great. Gym was very good. Service overall was excellent. Blu was good but was better once we realized we could also order off the MDR menu. We did have some noise from the theatre up stairs but never bothered us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just completed Agua Class on Summit. All of the perks were nice, location was great was in 1128. The different saunas in the Persian garden were great. Gym was very good. Service overall was excellent. Blu was good but was better once we realized we could also order off the MDR menu. We did have some noise from the theatre up stairs but never bothered us.

Thanks for the positive update. We booked Aqua Class for the perk of eating in Blu and are pleased to hear of the extras in the Persian Garden. Did you eat in Blu every night? We have a complimentary specialty restaurant and thought we would do that and MDR for one night.

Here is a pic of the Infinity AquaSpa. Like Iamthesea said, they don't compare to the S Class loungers. Plus it is an interior room, with no view to the ocean. We will in Aqua for the first time on the Constellation in October; but don't plan on spending anytime in the Aquaspa. I would on an S Class, but M Class Aquaspa area doesn't appeal to me.

pc_ship_IMG_5620_.jpg

I've been emailing with lscheller@canyonranch.com and she has been beyond helpful!! She took a list of our spa requests and will book them as soon as the calendar opens up

Is she like a general contact person for spa concierges or is she with one specific ship?

I've been looking at options and my question is where they have a discounted price for some when a ship is in port "8am to 1pm"...but we don't dock in San Juan until 3:30 on my upcoming cruise. So does that just mean we're SOL with the pre-booking in-port discounts? Or does the time move to the earlier part of the time we're in port? (Asking because I REALLY don't want to go into San Juan - I left nothing there I need to go back for on the last cruise I took that went there - and was thinking a spa day might be a fun alternative.)

Is she like a general contact person for spa concierges or is she with one specific ship?

I've been looking at options and my question is where they have a discounted price for some when a ship is in port "8am to 1pm"...but we don't dock in San Juan until 3:30 on my upcoming cruise. So does that just mean we're SOL with the pre-booking in-port discounts? Or does the time move to the earlier part of the time we're in port? (Asking because I REALLY don't want to go into San Juan - I left nothing there I need to go back for on the last cruise I took that went there - and was thinking a spa day might be a fun alternative.)

Quoting my own post just to say I emailed the general spa info email address with my question and have an answer.

Nope. If your ship ports after the designated spa discount time you don't get the discount. :( Seems unfair if there isn't even a possibility of the hours and port times meshing, but it is what it is.

At least with Aqua I'll have the Persian Gardens room...and I'll have some OBC to burn so maybe I'll be able to take advantage of any specials they have while on board.

We ate in the Tuscan Grill was very good and also Qsine which was ok but not our favorite. We ate in Blu the other nights, lobster night was the best in there

• 9 months later...

We were on Summit in Aqua class 2 years ago. My husband who loves the gym and spa didn't use the spa area at all. it does not have the heated lounger area that they have on other ships. We went through the aroma area and never ever used it. I don't think you will have any issues getting spa appointments in my opinion. The best part of Aqua class on Summit if eating in Blu. It was amazing and would be totally worth it if not a crazy price difference. I wouldn't do it for the spa. You can upgrade and use the aroma area for I think $99 for the whole week if you are interested in that (which is what it was 2 years ago).

Guess I see it differently. Could not care less about Persian Gardens. Didn't use on the Silhouette and likely won't use in a couple of days on the Reflection. I like Aqua for Blu primarily and consider it worth the slight extra cost. I also understand, although I could be wrong, that the balcony chairs have a foot rest in Aqua (it did on the Silly), but not on all balcony classes. I much prefer hanging out on my balcony as opposed to the pool so important to me. Each to their own!