Celebrity vs. Signature Suite

jules815

My husband and I will be sailing on Reflection in a Celebrity Suite for a 10-day in December, 2017. I booked this cruise in March while we were on-board Connie, so we received all the perks, including $600 obc. (The cruise on Connie was our first time sailing with X and loved it.)

Since this cruise is so far away, my husband told me to look into the next level suite. Other than the obvious differences that I've been able to find online, is there anything about the Signature Suite that blows the Celebrity Suite away? I think the L shaped sofa in the Celebrity Suite looks more comfortable than the one in the Signature. We're currently booked in a room right next to the Penthouse, so we have a nice location. I'm inclined to stay right where we are, but I thought I'd check here.

You need to compare perk differences as well as rooms. Signature Suites have the unlimited speciality dining, premium drinks package and bar set up like RS the CS does not.

We have not stayed in a Signature Suite but we have stayed in a CS. Personally we just hated not having a view from the bed - I know others love this but it just wasn't the right suite for us.

Another thing to consider is that (I think) the Signature suites are in a closed off section of the ship - you need your room key to get into the special corridor. That didn't appeal to us as we are traveling with some family who will not be in a suite, and our son typically makes friends on the ship - in both cases it's nice if they can just knock on the door.

We have only visited [not sailed in] and S-class Celebrity Suite but, IMHO, that L-shaped sofa is just too big. It takes up far too much floor space and it is a tight squeeze to get into the corner [and I am not a large person]. But, then, I have never been on Reflection so have not seen a Signature suite. I would, however, like the previous poster, find the segregated area an issue if we wanted to invite friends to visit.

We have sailed in both the Signature and Celebrity Suites. The Signature Suites are really nice and as other's have said have the same perks as the Royal Suite. The ceilings are about 10 feet tall which makes the room feel much more spacious. The keycard access to the short hallway may seem strange but it really created a certain sense of neighborhood. We got to meet all of the guests on our hallway.

If the price were close - I would go for the Signature Suite.

We have sailed in both suites too and would pick the Signature suite. The bedroom is more like a Royal suite, separate with a sea view, while the Celebrity suite bedroom is completely closed in which I really didn't care for. The Signature suite bathroom is much nicer than the Celebrity suite's too. There is also a jacuzzi tub on the verandah of the Signature suite which I enjoyed.

Signature Suite is just a whole lot more. $$ and space and amenities.

We've stayed in a CS and we liked it - the separate bedroom was nice especially since on that particular cruise DH had to get up to be on the internet for some work stuff early and I just slept late. The little living room *is* dominated by that L couch but I have to say the couch was great. I took naps there and stretched out to do some stitching.

Having said that, we're back in a sky suite on our next two upcoming cruises. We get all the perks of the CS but less money and we like the ship location better.

We already get premium package and unlimited internet, so with Michael's and Luminae we probably wouldn't ever justify the larger suites traveling alone as we do, since all we'd be getting is more space. And the space in the SS is fine for us.

if it's in the budget, go ahead and try it! I'd like to hear your review afterwards.

We have stayed in Both and hands down would do ( in fact booked again in March) the Signature suite, my favorite, we loved having the view from the bedroom, also the shower wall has a switch where you can't see I. Or if u flip it, it becomes clear and from the shower you can see out to the ocean, I just loved that, loved being right off the Solarium, definitely worth the extra money IMHO.

WENDY

We have stayed in Both and hands down would do ( in fact booked again in March) the Signature suite, my favorite, we loved having the view from the bedroom, also the shower wall has a switch where you can't see I. Or if u flip it, it becomes clear and from the shower you can see out to the ocean, I just loved that, loved being right off the Solarium, definitely worth the extra money IMHO.

WENDY

If you could choose which room, would you have a preference? 4111 is already booked. Would directly next to the Reflection Suite be good? 4103?

Have only stayed in the CS suite- however, I notice a lot of rocking motion when I am in the sky lounge. I would "assume" this motion might disturb some. I wouldn't want a cabin that high. You can get a Celebrity suite mid ship on a much lower deck.

Actually, I like the dark bedroom. Found it nice and quiet and had a great nights sleep. Unless we get a "great" deal on a CS, we sail in Sky Suites- you get the same perks for significantly less money.

Enjoy.

If you could choose which room, would you have a preference? 4111 is already booked. Would directly next to the Reflection Suite be good? 4103?

It's funny, that is always the question, last time I was afraid that 4103 was too far forward ( most motion forward and act like a seesaw though to be honest it is probably negligible, we didn't want the first one by the solarium because we were afraid if hearing the door open and close by the solarium so we chose 4109, I am not sure it matters but we do love the signature suites! Enjoy!

Well, I ended up calling Celebrity to get an exact amount for the difference between the CS and SS, and it was a bit less than what I had calculated, which I still can't figure out, but I booked it. I was able to keep all the perks I received when I booked on board, but this room would have come with most of those anyway.

We're gaining unlimited specialty dining for lunch or dinner, stocked mini-bar, and wine and bar set up. I noticed on an online video tour of the room that it has a wine fridge. Do they stock that as well, or is that just a nice place to store anything we might carry on board with us? If it's included, do they give you a list to choose from?

This trip is so far in the future, well over a year away, but it's always nice to have something to look forward to. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure we'll enjoy the room. :)

My husband and I will be sailing on Reflection in a Celebrity Suite for a 10-day in December, 2017. I booked this cruise in March while we were on-board Connie, so we received all the perks, including $600 obc. (The cruise on Connie was our first time sailing with X and loved it.)

Since this cruise is so far away, my husband told me to look into the next level suite. Other than the obvious differences that I've been able to find online, is there anything about the Signature Suite that blows the Celebrity Suite away? I think the L shaped sofa in the Celebrity Suite looks more comfortable than the one in the Signature. We're currently booked in a room right next to the Penthouse, so we have a nice location. I'm inclined to stay right where we are, but I thought I'd check here.

The Signature Suite is AWESOME! Why? You have a private hallway only accessible to SigSs and the Reflection Suite so it's really quiet. You have amazing floor to ceiling windows so the room gets tons of light. Best of all is the outdoor shower! Don't worry, nobody can see you (and do you really care if they did - LOL!). Book it - you WON'T be sorry.

Well, I ended up calling Celebrity to get an exact amount for the difference between the CS and SS, and it was a bit less than what I had calculated, which I still can't figure out, but I booked it. I was able to keep all the perks I received when I booked on board, but this room would have come with most of those anyway.

We're gaining unlimited specialty dining for lunch or dinner, stocked mini-bar, and wine and bar set up. I noticed on an online video tour of the room that it has a wine fridge. Do they stock that as well, or is that just a nice place to store anything we might carry on board with us? If it's included, do they give you a list to choose from?

This trip is so far in the future, well over a year away, but it's always nice to have something to look forward to. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure we'll enjoy the room. :)

The wine cooler was stocked but NOT included, we used it as a cooker though.enjoy!

The only downside reported in the Signature Suites on our cruise was joggers in the morning and evening. We were in 4107 and only heard it around 5-6 in the evening which was not really bothersome. The people in 4111 were disturbed early mornings and evenings and complained about it for 5 days.

The jogging track does not extend to the area over the Signature Suites but some were extending their jog to that area. Eventually they roped it off mornings and evenings.

Our first Signature suite was 4103, you will enjoy it. :)

A friend had a Signature suite and invited us for cocktails. We liked it better than the CS, though the CS we had with the bigger slanted balcony was a larger, nicer balcony (though we had no Jacuzzi).

The bed in the Signature was amazing - the head and feet go up and down, etc,. She let my husband try it out and he was in heaven. She injured her leg on that cruise and loved the Jacuzzi and the bed to help make her more comfortable. The funny part was when she was in pain one night, she put the bed in a weird position to get comfortable but then couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. She laid there wondering if she should call the butler to help her at 2 AM (she cruises alone). She finally made it out of bed on her own. She and the butler had a good laugh about it the next day.

Congrats on booking such a wonderful suite!

Our first Signature suite was 4103, you will enjoy it. :)

Yes, this is the one I booked. Neither of us is bothered by motion, in fact, we kind of enjoy it.

I'm really looking forward to the 2 cruises I have booked for 2017, both with Celebrity. The first is a 7-day with our oldest daughter in a Sky Suite -- I love our mother-daughter cruises, and then the Signature Suite with my husband in early December.

Next up for us though is a Transatlantic on Harmony of the Seas. Our first TA and our first time sailing on one of the BIG ships. :)

Yes, this is the one I booked. Neither of us is bothered by motion, in fact, we kind of enjoy it.

I'm really looking forward to the 2 cruises I have booked for 2017, both with Celebrity. The first is a 7-day with our oldest daughter in a Sky Suite -- I love our mother-daughter cruises, and then the Signature Suite with my husband in early December.

Next up for us though is a Transatlantic on Harmony of the Seas. Our first TA and our first time sailing on one of the BIG ships. :)

We never noticed any "motion" in 4103, and even if we had it would not have bothered us at all.

Beware the TA's, they are addicting! :D

My thanks also! We booked 4111 for Reflection this August. Any additional information about the joggers or if they have made it standard practice to rope it off evenings/mornings? We are not super light sleepers and evenings won't be a problem. Just mornings as I imagine some of the joggers are up very early.

• 1 month later...

We are staying in a signature suite on an upcoming cruise and have a couple of questions. I understand that the hallway on deck 14 has a key access, may I give my sister an access key so that she get up to our room? Also, is there access to the sky observation lounge from the end of the hall ( toward the reflection suite)?

We are staying in a signature suite on an upcoming cruise and have a couple of questions. I understand that the hallway on deck 14 has a key access, may I give my sister an access key so that she get up to our room? Also, is there access to the sky observation lounge from the end of the hall ( toward the reflection suite)?

The key to the hallway is your room key. There is a phone above the keypad so I would think they have to call you to let them in.

As for access to Sky Observation Lounge - The only access is via the regular entrance. You have to leave the private hallway via the entrance around the elevators and then enter the Sky Lounge.