Should Carnival bring back tablecloths each night?

Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?  

598 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • Don't care...

Just to clarify, I don't mean that other cruise lines please EVERYBODY. I just meant they use tablecloths and still manage to watch the bottom line. Sorry it was vague (I think I am sometimes :) )

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

sure, other cruise lines do more than carnival does. most, if not all of them charge a higher price as well. no one is required to take the cheapest vacation possible but if one decides to go that route, they shouldn't expect all of the things a more expensive vacation offers.

I want nice tablecloths and I dress up for dinner; beyond the requisite "no shorts, no flip flops." I'm talking dress or skirt; dress slacks if we go to the Lido for dinner. Believe me, it's very difficult making your kids and husband dress up if other passengers don't.

But I'm in my late 30's and know I'm in the minority.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am totally with you. We raised our kids overseas, where dinner out was an event every time. Now we live in the middle of the US where there are more fast food places and chains and people don't have any clue how to dine. If I am cruising, to me every dinner is an event...it's my vacation.

If I am cruising, to me every dinner is an event...it's my vacation.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that phrase on a cruise. It is also their vacation, and all should be able to "vacation" together. Some being patient of others and granting a little leeway and other other side taking other cruisers into consideration. Seems to have just fine on almost all of our cruises.

Edited by jimbo5544

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that phrase on a cruise. It is also their vacation, and all should be able to "vacation" together. Some being patient of others and granting a little leeway and other other side taking other cruisers into consideration. Seems to have just fine on almost all of our cruises.

Oh we agree!!! That's why there should be formal dining areas, casual, and somewhere in between. This way people have a choice where to dine. As for patience, I would have none if someone showed up to a black tie affair knowing it was a black tie affair but wore shorts and flip flops just to be 'difficult' - that is just rude. I have no patience for rude.

Oh we agree!!! That's why there should be formal dining areas, casual, and somewhere in between. This way people have a choice where to dine. As for patience, I would have none if someone showed up to a black tie affair knowing it was a black tie affair but wore shorts and flip flops just to be 'difficult' - that is just rude. I have no patience for rude.

First of all, we very much enjoy formal (or casual elegant as Carnival calls it) and we always enjoy doing just that. When I see someone coming in below what are published standards for dress, it bugs me as well, and like to see it addressed by staff when and where it is appropriate to do so. Second, while I do enjoy dressing up, black tie is something that is not part of Carnival.

Now we live in the middle of the US where there are more fast food places and chains and people don't have any clue how to dine.

Arrogant much Sue? Please go back to wherever it is that people know how to dine and leave us knuckle draggers in peace. I am a knuckle dragging middle American who has had the opportunity to live all over the country and visit a lot of the world. And I would love if judgmental people like you would stay the heck out of my hometown.

• Thanks 1

Arrogant much Sue? Please go back to wherever it is that people know how to dine and leave us knuckle draggers in peace. I am a knuckle dragging middle American who has had the opportunity to live all over the country and visit a lot of the world. And I would love if judgmental people like you would stay the heck out of my hometown.

Gladly. Hugs and kisses to you. Have a wonderful evening.

Love your comments to some of our more "avid" posters who try to get one engaged but sadly most of the time in a negative sort of way.

"Avid poster" "negative way" Wow, and I thought I was so much more than that.... seems her posts were much more than negative than mine, but to each their own, might want to check out cruiseonthebrain reply as well as to arrogance. To quote my friend, enjoy your opinion, and you have a nice day;)

So did the OP present his poll to JH or whoever he/she thought would actually pay attention...to a poll that supports CCL showing the number of people "wanting" tables cloths is fewer than those that don't?

• Thanks 1

So did the OP present his poll to JH or whoever he/she thought would actually pay attention...to a poll that supports CCL showing the number of people "wanting" tables cloths is fewer than those that don't?

Of course not. Those from here who post that kind of nonsense on JH's page would never post something that shows their opinion in the minority. There's no more pot to stir here, Carnival is standing by their removal of the tablecloths and this poll even highlights why - more people either don't want them or don't care about them than those who do want them.

• Thanks 1

Of course not. Those from here who post that kind of nonsense on JH's page would never post something that shows their opinion in the minority. There's no more pot to stir here, Carnival is standing by their removal of the tablecloths and this poll even highlights why - more people either don't want them or don't care about them than those who do want them.

Yup - pretty much. Exactly like what happened with the sacrosanct pillow chocolates, midnight buffet and lobster.

Don't bother trying to explain that to those who will defend the benefits of tablecloths with their almost undying breath. They're the same ones demanding the right to dine in shorts and t-shirts. :D

• Thanks 1

that's not what this poll says. this poll says 4 to 1 do want table clothes back and then there are a lot of people that don't care one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Yup - pretty much. Exactly like what happened with the sacrosanct pillow chocolates, midnight buffet and lobster.

Don't bother trying to explain that to those who will defend the benefits of tablecloths with their almost undying breath. They're the same ones demanding the right to dine in shorts and t-shirts. :D

this is the second post i've read from you where you have stated incorrectly that lobster is gone from the mdr. on cruises 5 nights and longer, lobster is still most surely in the mdr. as far as i know, lobster in the mdr has only been completely removed on ncl.

that's not what this poll says. this poll says 4 to 1 do want table clothes back and then there are a lot of people that don't care one way or the other. :rolleyes:

This was EXACTLY the type of response I was expecting LOL!! This site is so predictable.

Well I voted don't care meaning table cloths aren't important so mine would be more of a no vote than yes. Pretty sure that's what the others meant too.

this is the second post i've read from you where you have stated incorrectly that lobster is gone from the mdr. on cruises 5 nights and longer, lobster is still most surely in the mdr. as far as i know, lobster in the mdr has only been completely removed on ncl.

If you would like to split hairs, I am not incorrect. Lobster is, in fact, no longer available in the MDR ... for cruises of less than 5 nights.

I never stated it was universally eliminated in this thread. Your inference, insinuation and misunderstanding is not my problem.

In the thread where I did mention it, perhaps I should have added "for cruises of less than 5 days". Better? Probably not.

Perhaps you should untwist those panties you have in a wad before you cut off circulation to your nether regions.

This was EXACTLY the type of response I was expecting LOL!! This site is so predictable.

Yup. Some people will still argue they are right even when the facts show they are not.

Oh, nevermind not worth it...

I will say that "don't care" is a non-vote.... if tablecloths showed up you would not care, same with them being gone... you still "don't care".

Yes/no is an actual vote for or against tablecloths...

Personally I voted for, nice to have. Will I stop cruising Carnival because of it, no that "ship" sailed a good while back. I do other cruise lines as well but Carnival is 15 minutes from home - so in less than 2 weeks I will be on the Sunshine!

Edited by bobsfamily

I would take a vote of "don't care" to mean just that... If tablecloths were brought back you still would not care. BUT it is not a "no" vote.

As the voting stands the ones that care FOR a tablecloth far outweigh the ones who care that don't want a tablecloth. The numbers are right above you.

This does not mean you are not a good person, have wonderful posts, etc... it just means you voted "don't care". I voted for....

I get what you're saying. I'm just speaking for how I interpreted the poll. Meaning while they are not important to me, I am not totally against or despise them. However, I absolutely will not miss them and am perfectly fine with no tablecloths.

If it were a poll of straight up "yes" or "no", I would pick "no". I picked "I don't care" because they don't matter so since they don't play a factor in my dining experience, I am totally fine without tablecloths. So my "I don't care" = keep on not having them.

I am totally fine without tablecloths. So my "I don't care" = keep on not having them.

Ah, but you still would not care if they showed back up, for example if you cruise on the Ecstasy out of Charleston they do not have the new menu and still have tablecloths... so it still would not matter to you, right?