Should Carnival bring back tablecloths each night?

Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?  

598 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • Don't care...

Good point. It appears based on their posting history that they go from board to board telling people how to dress and behave.

They also said children should be seen and not heard and only speak when spoken to. :rolleyes:

I'll take "bottom of the barrel" carnival over a ship that has people on it with that attitude any day of the week.

Thankfully!

Amen, or book the rooms around them with my grandkids. That would be entertaining to watch.

If they are polite I love children. However if they have been raised by wolves as you intimate in your comment then not so much.

Thankfully!

As I said, there is nothing wrong with liking things more fancy and there is nothing wrong with people that prefer casual. But unfortunately your problem is that you somehow think you are better or above others. That is a personality flaw that can't be fixed.

I fail to see why you even post on the carnival boards if they are so beneath you. Other then to just be rude and stir the pot of course. Your posts just scream high class.

Edited by BeachChik
  • Thanks 1

I cant answer this poll/vote. First of all, I have not yet been on a Carnival ship that has the American Table. I do look forward to the change in menu, somewhat, but I just don't know how I would feel about the table cloths. I was at a very nice, upscale restaurant yesterday for lunch and there were no table cloths, nor do they put them out for dinner there. This has never deterred me from enjoying my meal there, nor have I ever thought that it would be better with a table cloth.

I cant vote "don't care" though, because I have not yet experienced this on a ship, so depending on ship movement, could be a problem and maybe not, depending. I really don't think that I will mind not having a table cloth, but I am somewhat concerned about the reports of lack of forks, spoons etc, and having to reuse some, as well as no where to lay those utensils between courses, other than on the bare table. I will wait and see what I think of it all, once I have experienced AT.

So for me...it is wait and see.

I'm sorry, could you elaborate? I don't get what you mean.

You just touched a plate and it slide across the table into another, sending ti careening off the table. You needed to hold you plate in place so you could cut your food. The table must have been greased.

We like the new style. We thought it was fresh and nicely done. With that said, we also like the old style too. But I think the MDR has changed and it started with the dress code not being enforced.

• Like 1

You just touched a plate and it slide across the table into another, sending ti careening off the table. You needed to hold you plate in place so you could cut your food. The table must have been greased.

No..sorry that's not what I said. Please see post #229 and no, the table was not greasy.

How bout this table cloth?..Carnival could even sell these and make them ship specific.

As I said, there is nothing wrong with liking things more fancy and there is nothing wrong with people that prefer casual. But unfortunately your problem is that you somehow think you are better or above others. That is a personality flaw that can't be fixed.

I fail to see why you even post on the carnival boards if they are so beneath you. Other then to just be rude and stir the pot of course. Your posts just scream high class.

Please don't put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

I read hundreds of posts on many different sites (and comment on those that allow it) primarily for very inexpensive entertainment. Being widowed the evenings can be rather quiet. Also, I truly enjoy people watching and watching how by never reacting to life, things they enjoy can be destroyed or downgraded in every area of their lives and they never really figure out why.

Not to bring politics into this but the current reaction on the US stage is a direct result of people finally waking up to the realization they have been had and they are not amused.

I welcome Carnival as it offers an opportunity for many to enjoy a bit of time away from the boredom of their every day life and as I read from the posts, even at the lower level of service and atmosphere, the ships do offer a better level of experience than home. So enjoy.

Please don't put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

I read hundreds of posts on many different sites (and comment on those that allow it) primarily for very inexpensive entertainment. Being widowed the evenings can be rather quiet. Also, I truly enjoy people watching and watching how by never reacting to life, things they enjoy can be destroyed or downgraded in every area of their lives and they never really figure out why.

Not to bring politics into this but the current reaction on the US stage is a direct result of people finally waking up to the realization they have been had and they are not amused.

I welcome Carnival as it offers an opportunity for many to enjoy a bit of time away from the boredom of their every day life and as I read from the posts, even at the lower level of service and atmosphere, the ships do offer a better level of experience than home. So enjoy.

and just who has been had by whom :confused:

and just who has been had by whom :confused:

\

A subject for a totally different web site and an explanation way too long. If you care to provide me with a different contact link we can certainly have a discussion on the matter but not here.

Yours and many other's sentiments about this are why you now have Denny's At Sea. Keep not caring and see how deep the knife cuts. If the beards think for a second that they're giving more than they have to, they will take even more.

Absolutely correct. And that goes for ANY business.

\

A subject for a totally different web site and an explanation way too long. If you care to provide me with a different contact link we can certainly have a discussion on the matter but not here.

so why bring it up :confused: looks to me like you want to stir the pot and then tip toe back out without getting anything on you. :rolleyes:

so why bring it up :confused: looks to me like you want to stir the pot and then tip toe back out without getting anything on you. :rolleyes:

I brought it up as part of an explanation to a different poster who asked a question. Politics in raw form are not part of CC therefore I shall not get into it here out of respect for the venue. But trust me I do not shy away nor fear getting "any on me" So as I stated before, if you wish to have such a conversation let me know how to get in touch.

Cheers

I wish they would, but let's be honest. 95% of people could want them and it wouldn't happen. Carnival has made it abundantly clear that they care more about the bottom line than guest experiences. Strange they can't figure out a way to look out for both...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Magic she also didn't have tablecloths (only formal evenings) I like it much better, the tables are nice and match/go with the ceilings and the walls of the MDR.....I rather see them cut corners here, they surely can save a lot of money!

I wish they would, but let's be honest. 95% of people could want them and it wouldn't happen. Carnival has made it abundantly clear that they care more about the bottom line than guest experiences. Strange they can't figure out a way to look out for both...

Business decisions usually don't work that way.

honestly , the change kind of fits the how many passengers view the MDR , white table clothes give the feel of a nice dinning venue , but people want to show up dress like they are heading to McDonalds

i say it doesn't really matter either way , as long as they stay on for formal night

No..sorry that's not what I said. Please see post #229 and no, the table was not greasy.

Is this not what you said?

One more vote for "yes" here. On our last cruise, I inadvertently bumped my plate. Not even super hard. It was like the plate turned into a hockey puck, loudly sliding into and hitting another plate..."CLANG"!..That plate in turn started to careen off the table:eek:. Luckily, my husband quickly reacted and caught it before it fell to the floor :D..Great save Babe!

Business decisions usually don't work that way.

Great businesses can figure out how to do both. I'm not saying it's easy, nor that every person will be 100% satisfied 100% of the time. Somehow other cruise lines do it and still make a profit - even thrive!

Then again, maybe people not wanting tablecloths is just a sign of changing times! Just like Anytime dining...

Great businesses can figure out how to do both. I'm not saying it's easy, nor that every person will be 100% satisfied 100% of the time. Somehow other cruise lines do it and still make a profit - even thrive!

Then again, maybe people not wanting tablecloths is just a sign of changing times! Just like Anytime dining...

All a matter of perception and which sign of the fence you are standing on. Company decisions are just that, decisions. If it pleases everyone, then it was a pretty easy decision to make.

I wonder how many of those who want tablecloths and other "nicer" touches want to dress down as much as possible?

I want nice tablecloths and I dress up for dinner; beyond the requisite "no shorts, no flip flops." I'm talking dress or skirt; dress slacks if we go to the Lido for dinner. Believe me, it's very difficult making your kids and husband dress up if other passengers don't.

But I'm in my late 30's and know I'm in the minority.

All a matter of perception and which sign of the fence you are standing on. Company decisions are just that, decisions. If it pleases everyone, then it was a pretty easy decision to make.

Just to clarify, I don't mean that other cruise lines please EVERYBODY. I just meant they use tablecloths and still manage to watch the bottom line. Sorry it was vague (I think I am sometimes :) )