Should Carnival bring back tablecloths each night?

Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?  

598 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • Don't care...

I prefer it WITH the tablecloth, just seems neater and feels somehow more special (an intangible I admit) but this is hardly a deal breaker for me either way.

It's interesting to read all the diverse reasons that people either like or dislike the tablecloths. I agree that it is no deal breaker either way, but when looking at pictures of both side by side, to me the old style with the tablecloths reminds me more of a rented hotel banquet room while the new style looks sleek, shiny, and streamlined. Maybe just because it's new and different. I am one of those strange people who enjoy change

• Like 1

With people constantly complaining that they don't want to dress up for elegant night, and the dressing down in recent years, it appears that Carnival is giving it's cruisers what they want. The more casual experience. It makes no sense to have "fancy" tablecloths when a good portion of the population on the ship at dinner look like they either just rolled out of bed or came from the pool.

Personally, I don't care either way about tablecloths.

Edited by firemanbobswife
  • Thanks 1

Obviously this is all a matter of opinion, but here is proof that the dining room looks awful without tablecloths and much better with. Looks a lot like a cafeteria at school and this happens to be Vista...supposedly the newest and best. Looks ridiculous to me actually. Of course everyone thinks their own opinion is correct ;)

That's not proof, that's an opinion.

With people constantly complaining that they don't want to dress up for elegant night, and the dressing down in recent years, it appears that Carnival is giving it's cruisers what they want. The more casual experience. It makes no sense to have "fancy" tablecloths when a good portion of the population on the ship at dinner look like they either just rolled out of bed or came from the pool.

Personally, I don't care either way about tablecloths.

Exactly.

People complained and cried bloody murder about it not being fair that they have to dress up to eat in the dining room. If I had a dollar for every time I read "Its my vacation, I'm going to wear whatever I want," I'd be able to buy Carnival. Wearing shorts/jeans in the dining room were always sources of huge contention. Carnival relented and allows both and has now created the equivalent dining experience.

Personally? I could not possibly care less either way. I am really loving the look of the tables with no tablecloths though.

• Thanks 1

Obviously this is all a matter of opinion, but here is proof that the dining room looks awful without tablecloths and much better with. Looks a lot like a cafeteria at school and this happens to be Vista...supposedly the newest and best. Looks ridiculous to me actually. Of course everyone thinks their own opinion is correct ;)

dining_lg_zpsaxtdtwxe.jpg

13100814_1212572582118634_8187104140399123960_n_zpsvq6fzlv4.jpg

Sorry. I like the tables with no table clothes better. Looks like a chic NewYork restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• Thanks 1

dining_lg_zpsaxtdtwxe.jpg

13100814_1212572582118634_8187104140399123960_n_zpsvq6fzlv4.jpg

I agree with you.

You think everyone thinks their opinion is correct also?

I am puzzled by your question. Why are you asking me? My reply was directed to missholly24 and her pictures. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I am puzzled by your question. Why are you asking me? My reply was directed to missholly24 and her pictures. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, I was trying to clarify what you were agreeing with. I was unsure what you were agreeing with.

Yup, they all think they are right. The truth of the matter is that the train has left, the decision has been made, turn out the lights the party is over

Regardless of what anyone of us prefers, the final decision is out of our hands. But table cloth or not, we will still cruise! :D

• Like 1

Yup, they all think they are right. The truth of the matter is that the train has left, the decision has been made, turn out the lights the party is over

Most things discussed on these boards fit into that category. However, stating our opinions is what makes it fun and interesting. I would venture to say that half of what is discussed on here has already been visited at a previous time. I however, hadn't gotten in on the tablecloth saga and therefore wanted to. If you don't want to, then don't. Find another thread. Quite simple. And as a matter of fact things change all the time based on customer request. Some changes are "tried" for a while and if they receive complaints or statements that things were better the old way, then they change it back. One example live music/steel drum playing on the lido. They completely got rid of it a few years back, people lost their minds, now its back....

Edited by missholly24
  • Like 1

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, I was trying to clarify what you were agreeing with. I was unsure what you were agreeing with.

My bad. I wasn't sure what you meant. :o Sometimes it's hard to get a person's intent by reading a post. Sorry about that!

Most things discussed on these boards fit into that category. However, stating our opinions is what makes it fun and interesting. I would venture to say that half of what is discussed on here has already been visited at a previous time. I however, hadn't gotten in on the tablecloth saga and therefore wanted to. If you don't want to, then don't. Find another thread. Quite simple. And as a matter of fact things change all the time based on customer request. Some changes are "tried" for a while and if they receive complaints or statements that things were better the old way, then they change it back. One example live music/steel drum playing on the lido. They completely got rid of it a few years back, people lost their minds, now its back....

True enough for the steel drum band on lido. Did I say you could not comment on this? My point was that some here think by JH bringing it up that it is up for decision. It is not. Could it be again sometime in the future? Sure.

My bad. I wasn't sure what you meant. :o Sometimes it's hard to get a person's intent by reading a post. Sorry about that!

No worries, I really was not passing judgement (I can be opinionated at time for sure, but was just asking....was unsure what you were agreeing with.

True enough for the steel drum band on lido. Did I say you could not comment on this? My point was that some here think by JH bringing it up that it is up for decision. It is not. Could it be again sometime in the future? Sure.

True, J.H. just teasing us tablecloth lovers. ;)

True, J.H. just teasing us tablecloth lovers. ;)

LOL, maybe.... who knows. What he really is doing is selling the Vista, it's his job and he a very good hawker. All of it free advertising as well....

They took away shrimp cocktail for a while and then reversed course when the villagers got restless. It's not unprecedented for them to change their minds. As far as tablecloths, I don't care either way. My favorite Chinese buffet has gorgeous inlaid marble table tops that would be a shame to cover up. They're either marvels of computerized milling, or incredible old world craftsmanship, but either way, they're simply stunning.