Head liner show

Can't decide whether to move aqua show to same night as grease to be able to see head liner .... What would you well travelled guys do ..... Do you normally enjoy the headliner ? Bit of a secret what it is lol

Thanks

You should not have to see two shows on the same night. We've been able to arrange the shows so we see one per night.

Can't decide whether to move aqua show to same night as grease to be able to see head liner .... What would you well travelled guys do ..... Do you normally enjoy the headliner ? Bit of a secret what it is lol

Thanks

What do I do?

Realize that I can't do it all and have to make choices. ESPECIALLY on shorter cruises.

:D :D :D

We are on the harmony three night so lots to pack in, in a short time lol

Just wondering if head liner show normally any good on whether to swap around

Thanks as always

We've enjoyed many headliner shows, so I'd try to see it.

Thanks bob

Can I ask what they have been

I heard flutist was originally booked on one

The headliner can be a variety of acts, and changes cruise to cruise. We've seen singers, tribute acts, ball twirlers, jugglers, magicians, etc.

I'd choose the aqua show. The headliners in the past have let me down. The comedians typically aren't as funny... The musical acts are either hasbeens or never-weres. Perhaps I'm too picky...I've seen many,many of the top touring acts in the world (Stones,acdc,Bon jovi , Springsteen more times than I can count) and we've just found the headliners to fall wY short of the shows we like seeing on land.

The headliner can be a variety of acts, and changes cruise to cruise. We've seen singers, tribute acts, ball twirlers, jugglers, magicians, etc.

Thank you ..... One more question ..... Apologies .... Re timing

Grease is at 7pm

Meal 8.30pm

IF book aqua same day then 11pm

Do you think enough time to eat meal and get to aqua about 3/4 hour before show?

I can't remember how long meal takes if just two of us

Grease is at 7pm

Meal 8.30pm

Do you think enough time to eat meal and get to aqua about 3/4 hour before show?

If it's just two, and you tell your waiter you have a time constraint, you can probably be finished with dinner in about an hour.

I would skip the headliner. One of the reasons that I like the oasis class is that I can find things to enjoy without seeing the main show. I have found the headliners to be hit or miss. More often miss. I was surprised when I really enjoyed a puppet show ( geared to adults) so you never know, you may enjoy the headliner.

Grease is at 7pm

Meal 8.30pm

Question... How is Grease finished in less than 90 minutes?? Did they cut over half the book (term for the script of a play)? And if they did, why even bother wasting that time on a mediocre-at-best musical in its entirety??

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Question... How is Grease finished in less than 90 minutes?? Did they cut over half the book (term for the script of a play)? And if they did, why even bother wasting that time on a mediocre-at-best musical in its entirety??

Wondering this too...For Mamma Mia, it was the entire show with an intermission, so total time was 2.5 hrs. Maybe I'm wrong but i assumed that Grease would be the full production too.

The Aqua show and Broadway show are the must-see shows (at least based on the Allure so I assume it's similar). The headliner is a toss up. We had a singer who was talented, but he sang songs from the 60s and totally not my thing. Also, not sure your schedule on a 3 night cruise but the Aqua show can get cancelled if it's windy. (Just something to keep in mind if you have a choice of dates)

Can't do it.

"Royal Caribbean International is seeking professional, seasoned singers and dancers to present the Award Winning Musical, “GREASE.” A 1971 musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey with additional songs written by John Farrar. This full length Broadway musical will be presented alongside Royal Caribbean's newest Signature Production Show."

I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting a full length show. So basically the songs with a little set up between.

Yeah, it's definitely not the legit full-length show. Even if they cut the intermission, it would be about 2 hours 10 minutes or so. Maybe they're doing "Grease Jr." - the version cleaned up and shortened for Middle Schools to do?

I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting a full length show. So basically the songs with a little set up between.

Just had a thought (too late to edit my other post) based on a thread where people were asking about Grease on the Independence...

Is a 3-night going to be a regular thing on Harmony or is this some special "sampler" type cruise?

If the latter, it's possible they're actually just doing abbreviated versions of things in order to give people a taste and cram as much as possible in. And it will be the legit Broadway version on Harmony's regular cruises. Maybe...

Just had a thought (too late to edit my other post) based on a thread where people were asking about Grease on the Independence...

Is a 3-night going to be a regular thing on Harmony or is this some special "sampler" type cruise?

If the latter, it's possible they're actually just doing abbreviated versions of things in order to give people a taste and cram as much as possible in. And it will be the legit Broadway version on Harmony's regular cruises. Maybe...

A very interesting theory.

Someone posted the times for a 7 day in June and it also was 90 minutes.

Ah. Then yeah...they're clearly not doing the version that ran on Broadway. I had a kid whose school did Grease Jr. while I was doing youth ministry, and I'm trying to remember but 90 minutes sounds about right for its run time.

I guess if they're wanting it to be family-friendly they felt they needed to do a "clean" version? (Not much over PG/PG-13 in Mamma Mia or Cats I know...never saw the others so I don't know there), but done legit there is a LOT in Grease that's over around a PG.

It does suck that they're promoting it as THE show when it's clearly not.