Live from the Divina May 7, 2016

maureencruiser

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about that emergency. The last time I was in PR on the Divina, we had to return and we never even docked. A ship met us and the patient was transferred to them and off we went.

Did you notice, the ambulance left and we stayed and stayed....

I'm thinking if there was a death, maybe an investigation had to be done?

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to the woman and her family. I have always said when it is my time to go, let me go on a cruise, doing what I love. My niece has instructions to scatter my ashes from a Royal Caribbean ship when my time comes. :)

Did anyone find out what exactly happened? Someone said it was a woman and someone said it was a little girl. We kept looking from our balcony. The ambulance left empty. Two days later, I had to take my daughter to medical care as she had high fever....I had in my mind to ask about medical urgency but the doctor and the other staff were so slow.....it took forever for them to check her temprature and give her antibiotic....we were getting late and medical was about to close so I forgot to ask.

FYI paint scheme is tribute to Pacific Southwest Airlines...long gone through mergers and originally absorbed by us air. Notice the smile?

Oh, I see the smile, now. Thanks for the info.

That's exactly we were talking looking at the poor guy. They did'nt even say what department he works in.

I did see some yellow shirts up around the buffet later in the week. Maybe they are food prep or dishwashers, something like that.

Bravo Maureen...BRAVO

You make me blush! Or, maybe I'm just sunburned. :o

There was a mechanical window washer for the aft windows of the buffet that ran at night. Oh, that explains it, thanks!

Glad you're home safe and sound. I have relatives in Lynchburg and visit once a year. Beautiful town with phenomenal hiking just minutes away. And of course, nice people :). Hiking? You mean walking to the pizza station?

Are you on the 14 day that stops in Kodiak, Sitka, and Homer? If so, you are in for a real treat. Yes, Ma'am, I figured if I'm gonna do it, do it right.

They were served brocolli and pasta. Our kids refused to eat with them for rest of the days .

I saw the broccoli, was gonna take a picture of it. Just what kids want, squid and broccoli. Throw in some liver and you've got cruisers for life. :D

Did anyone find out what exactly happened? Someone said it was a woman and someone said it was a little girl.

The CD announced it was a women when he announced we were turning around, so, I went with that knowledge. I never asked anyone about it, I work in healthcare, so, I know they won't tell me anyway. ;)

Loved your review and your writing style!! I am going with some friends next Feb on the Divina, our first try with MSC and found the pictures very helpful. You will love Alaska, dh and I are on the Maasdam next month. Fantastic itinerary, have a great time.

Thank you once again Maureen. This was a fun time reading about your adventures.

What are you going to Alaska and on the Harmony? I hope you are doing live reviews but understand completely if you don't.

Rest up, hope you don't go through pizza withdrawal.

Maureen thank-you for bringing us along on this wonderful journey. I am glad to see that the trip has me was eventful as your trip down. You already know I love you be your sense of humour and writing style. However to get to see such a wonderful ship was the added bonus. It sure looks like they have a good product.

I am looking forward to "our" upcoming cruise to Alaska.

FYI paint scheme is tribute to Pacific Southwest Airlines...long gone through mergers and originally absorbed by us air. Notice the smile?

I wonder if the flight attendants go retro too, with the orange miniskirts and go go boots.

Loved your review Maureen. It was so nice of you to spend your vacation posting on here and "taking all of us" with you on your cruise.

thank you so much for giving Jaime the message.

Glad you made it home ok.

Have a great night,

Gerry

Maureen,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this and keeping us entertained. Hope you had a great trip.

We were excited to see that you planned to visit Alaska. However, it sounds like you are planning one of those trips that doesn't allow you any land-based time before or after the trip in Alaska. We'd have loved to play host to you and shown you some of the sights.

Let us know when you get this trip scheduled and perhaps we can meet you in Anchorage and play host to you for a day (assuming we are not off sailing the Caribbean at that time)

~Brian

I was up there as breakfast was ending and continental breakfast was starting. Here are the bakers working on their pastries.

13179258_10208342788919038_42135822259562578_n.jpg?oh=20cce06441a17f88fc5c7db036100784&oe=57A6DAF6

I also discovered that they had breakfast pizza!

13173787_10208342790359074_3244825342570671271_n.jpg?oh=7b38cba0cdbad6cadc288717cac2c727&oe=57996FEF

I don't know, maybe? Those eggs, though.

13178975_10208342790559079_7949629432147766619_n.jpg?oh=c3a48c160e3fa76c50f81f6ef9d099fa&oe=579A8BDA

My son did not like egg on the pizza. So, I requested the guy in the picture if he could give me pizza without it. He gladly made few slices for me. I took couple of slices for kids for the flight too :)

My son did not like egg on the pizza. So, I requested the guy in the picture if he could give me pizza without it. He gladly made few slices for me. I took couple of slices for kids for the flight too :)

That's great news. That pizza looks good but I wouldn't eat the egg either!

It's a fragrance that was developed for MSC by perfume manufacturer Firmenich(http://www.firmenich.com/en_INT/perfumery.html) and Brand Sense. It is infused at low levels into the air-conditioning and detergents on the ship. MED by MSC bath and toiletry products are provided for Yacht Club passengers but MSC expanded the line to include diffusers,,body spray,,candles,,etc. which were supposed to be sold on all MSC ships.:confused:

<a href=IMG_0218_zpsyg5jmvsi.jpg' alt='IMG_0218_

They were selling in the logo shop. We just got off on Saturday...same cruise.

Tonight was formal night, so, before the show they introduced the Captain and the senior officers. The Captain spoke and introduced the Employee of the Month. The poor kid looked terrified to be in front of all those people. I've never seen an employee in a yellow uniform, so, I don't know what department he is from, I wish they had said. :confused:

13166084_10208297342542907_8477314537644007336_n.jpg?oh=52cd9ccfaa4b5349896d79d1bae65dac&oe=57A8670A

His name is Daewa (spelling?) and he was our assistant waiter in the Villa Rosa dining room for this cruise. Very nice gentleman.

Hi Maureen, just wanted to say a big thank you for such a fantastic review. :)

Will definitely have to sail on MSC in the future. This year going on Carnival Vista and next year RC Independence transatlantic crossing so it will have to be 2018 hopefully.

Love your sense of humor and writing style and also your fantastic pictures.

Looking forward to your next review,

Say hello to kitty and Nutmeg,

Take Care,

Mark. :D

They were selling in the logo shop. We just got off on Saturday...same cruise.

Thanks SusieK,,,I have a bunch of the bath products,,,but I was looking for some of the "MED" products which are available on the MSc ships in Europe,,the candles, diffuser,,etc.:)

Let us know when you get this trip scheduled and perhaps we can meet you in Anchorage and play host to you for a day

~Brian

I'm too lazy to get up and check my itinerary right now, but, I wanna say I'll be in ANC on Labor Day. I've been wondering what will be open when we're there. I bet they have pizza and wine there!

Maureen1.jpg

I'm too lazy to get up and check my itinerary right now, but, I wanna say I'll be in ANC on Labor Day. I've been wondering what will be open when we're there. I bet they have pizza and wine there!

You are not one to travel unprepared. Have you read about anything in particular in the Anchorage area that you'd like to see? As you surely know, Anchorage is our largest city (about half the state lives there). We have a saying: "Alaska is just a short drive from Anchorage"

Other than swilling wine and powering down pizza slices, I'm not sure where your interests lie. We'd be happy to play tour guide and get you where you wanna go so do a bit of research and let us know what interests you. Based on that, maybe we can make some suggestions.

~Brian

[QUOFood is subjective.TE=lcookie;50013057]Thanks for the play by play. Really enjoyed it. Outside of the pizza how did you rate the quality and varity of the food?

Thanks in advance.

Food is subjective.