Question about bathrobes on Princess Cruise

Ampjiii

Hello! This is our first cruise and we have a question - When we were filling out all the information on the Princess website they asked if we want a bathrobe in our room. Does this cost money? Do we just use the bathrobe and keep in in the closet when the cruise is done? I have read so many things about cruises lately but am not sure on this one. We are going on a British Isle cruise so a bathrobe might come in handy as it may be chilly but I do not want to pack a bathrobe! Thanks in advance!

Waffle-weave bathrobes are provided for your use while on the cruise. They are nice to have on chilly mornings!

If you do the Ultimate Ship Tour, the nice big plush ones were provided as one of the gifts to take home! Its expensive, but very well worth it. Search UST for more details on it!

Happy Sailing!

Everyone can borrow a bathrobe without charge for the duration of the cruise so no need to pack one. But I should say they are thin, not toweling, and can be rather short. We've found them OK. Sometimes they may not be available until the day after you sail as the laundry has to wash them all on turnaround. We just asked our steward and he delivered them the next morning. I don't know whether pre-ordering helps - we never have.

Since I put the preference for robes into the personalizer (the box will remain checked for future cruises until you uncheck it) only once has the robe appeared at boarding. Expect to remind your steward upon meeting him to furnish them; likely he will say he is still waiting for them to emerge from the laundry. No, there is no charge for robes as long as they are on the hanger the last evening of your cruise when the inventory of in-cabin consumables is taken. And there is only one size robe available: one size fits all-who-are-on-the-petite-side; if that is not you, then my response is pretty much moot.

(and welcome to Cruise Critic)

Edited by fishywood

It's a running joke about the bathrobe sizes. Yes, we've gotten the all to revealing robes before. If you get one of these, simply ask your steward for larger ones, they do exist. Heck, if you are larger than petite, ask him or her for larger ones with your initial request.

Just be aware they come in 2 sizes. Small and Extra Small. :D

That is simply incorrect. They also come in XX-Small like the one in my last cabin.

I've started bringing my own instead of formal wear.

Edited by RocketMan275

It's a running joke about the bathrobe sizes. Yes, we've gotten the all to revealing robes before. If you get one of these, simply ask your steward for larger ones, they do exist. Heck, if you are larger than petite, ask him or her for larger ones with your initial request.

We sailed on the Crown twice in the past 6 months & both times it was the new type of waffle weave material...full length & soft inside. Hopefully soon all ships will have this newer type of robe which may be popular because in the gift shop they were soldout.

Many times robes are unavailable when boarding because they're being laundered after the prior cruise. We ask our cabin steward to provide one when available because most of the Cruise Personalizer's requests are not given to our stewards.

That is simply incorrect. They also come in XX-Small like the one in my last cabin.

I've started bringing my own instead of formal wear.

Nice! LOL!

Let's start a thread about having formal bathrobe night ... :eek:

Do we just use the bathrobe and keep in in the closet when the cruise is done? Thanks in advance!

Yes, leave in the cabin. Sometimes the steward takes the robe on the last full day of the cruise.

On our cruises this past winter our robes were a softer material and were also larger in size. My guess is that they are being replaced ship by ship.

Yes, leave in the cabin. Sometimes the steward takes the robe on the last full day of the cruise.

On our cruises this past winter our robes were a softer material and were also larger in size. My guess is that they are being replaced ship by ship.

I hope so. The one size fits none robes look nice on a hanger but are useless for the average build.:D

Just be aware they come in 2 sizes. Small and Extra Small. :D

Not wanting to start an argument but pretty sure last cruise there were more sizes.

Certain mine was an xxxxxxs.

Waffle-weave bathrobes are provided for your use while on the cruise. They are nice to have on chilly mornings!

If you do the Ultimate Ship Tour, the nice big plush ones were provided as one of the gifts to take home! Its expensive, but very well worth it. Search UST for more details on it!

Happy Sailing!

How much does the "Ultimate Ship Tour" cost or approx. if you do not know the exact amount? Also I did not see a spot to sign up at for this? I saw it on the site but no link to sign up or the cost? Thanks in advance

Edited by Alaskan Joe

How much does the "Ultimate Ship Tour" cost or approx. if you do not know the exact amount? Also I did not see a spot to sign up at for this? I saw it on the site but no link to sign up or the cost? Thanks in advance

It's $150 for the UST and the time we considered it the signup list was at the PSD.

I'm not sure if getting the UST is based on the list's order or by lottery when there are too many passengers requesting it.

My wife and I booked a Vista Suite on the Coral Princess in February 2016 and were very impressed with the robes provided. They were plush, comfortable and quite ample. I would love to have one at home, but could not bring myself to spend the $90 they charge for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello! This is our first cruise and we have a question - When we were filling out all the information on the Princess website they asked if we want a bathrobe in our room. Does this cost money? Do we just use the bathrobe and keep in in the closet when the cruise is done? I have read so many things about cruises lately but am not sure on this one. We are going on a British Isle cruise so a bathrobe might come in handy as it may be chilly but I do not want to pack a bathrobe! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Yes, bathrobes are provided at no cost for your use while on the ship.

If there are not bathrobes in your closet, just ask your room steward.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Nice! LOL!

Let's start a thread about having formal bathrobe night ... :eek:

Great idea. Will someone tell Alaska Joe I guarantee he will do it too. That makes three of us. My wife and Joe's won't just a guess. :D :D