Interesting Azamara Tweet - News Coming ?

Andy

Maybe we are all reading too much into this but if it does relate to overnights mid cruise then definitely not for us. We have enjoyed pre and post cruise tours and overnights on ships in interesting locations, but somehow to us these mid-cruise hotel stays defeats the concept of cruising.

I do know something about this tweet - yes I do. I am prepared to put down a large wager that the following will be correct......

A significant percentage of posters will be happy and a smaller group will be ecstatic

And

A significant percentage of posters will be unhappy and a small group will never sail in Azamara again

I do know something about this tweet - yes I do. I am prepared to put down a large wager that the following will be correct......

A significant percentage of posters will be happy and a smaller group will be ecstatic

And

A significant percentage of posters will be unhappy and a small group will never sail in Azamara again

Where's the "Like" button?

And

I think you have that right Uktog. For me, I just hope it doesn't significantly change what we experienced on Journey in January. As always, we totally loved the cruise, and hope Azamara wont try to reinvent the wheel. With the beautiful reimagination of Journey and Quest - I'm VERY happy where Azamara is currently positioned - other than my continued hope for some new ships.

Only 4 days to go !

Uktog,

You have hit the nail on the head.....as usual.

Looking forward to cruising with you in August.

2irisheyes,

Thanks for the info. We are looking at the Northern Europe cruise next summer, there are 3 days in St Petersburg. We have been once before and had a two day private tour so are trying to think outside the box. Moscow is definitely a possibility.

Just checked Azamara website UK. ..their announcement is on 16th May on Facebook 7pm GMT

Thanks

I wonder what time they will make the announcement for me in China ;)

Oh drat, no good Facebook is blocked here :)

Just use a decent VPN, no problem;)

Not to take this thread off topic Hoyaheel but just to say whilst technically possible it is against the law in China and as I and my team are subject to periodic searches when entering certain government buildings it is not a solution I openly advocate. These checks can involve our laptops or iPads being examined by their IT. So yes can use but it does raise significant problems potentially.

Edited by uktog

Ah, my business in China was not so...overseen. And a VPN is necessary for me to do my job. I'm sure I accessed some sites behind the GFW....But I don't spend all that much time on fb. I did need to use Google & Gmail too.

Maybe it is about the 2 or 3 night overnight land excursions off the ship but that was announced a month ago so it can't be that as some are already offered on the website. They sound really interesting such as staying in a luxury Bedouin tent in Oman and the Israel one too which is a great way of seeing more of the country. Perhaps it is more examples and details of these and where you would rejoin the ship etc? I wonder how they will adjust the price because you are not on the ship for those days?

I wonder how they will adjust the price because you are not on the ship for those days?

I don't think there was a monetary adjustment when passengers left Celebrity Mercury to do an extended tour in the New Zealand fjords in 2008.

We did the Isreal overnight off Journey a few years ago, it was an excellent trip - and there was no price adjustment. To be honest did not expect one as we worked on the basis this was factored into the excursion price.

We did the Isreal overnight off Journey a few years ago, it was an excellent trip - and there was no price adjustment. To be honest did not expect one as we worked on the basis this was factored into the excursion price.

Really doubt there is any price adjustment either in your cruise fare or the cost of the overland trip. You are still occupying the cabin/suite even when you are off the ship and they should only be charged for the actual cost of the off the ship tour.

Really the only difference to the ship fare is the cost of the food & drink you would have eaten on board as all other costs don't go away because you are off the ship. And those food and drink costs would vary from person to person.

Don't get me wrong, our last cruise was a World cruise and we got off several times for private tours would have liked a credit but, didn't expect any credit and didn't get any. Of course our off ship tours were less than half the cost of what we would have paid for a lesser tour from the ship so those savings were sufficient.

Always best to do your excursions, especially overnights off ship privately, the savings can be in the thousands of dollars.

My view is that there will be no new ships, but maybe the older Celebrity ships

But if you really want to speculate and have your hopes raised

[URL]http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/14894-fincantieri-two-more-new-cruise-vessels-for-vard.html[/URL]

[quote name='baytraller']My view is that there will be no new ships, but maybe the older Celebrity ships

But if you really want to speculate and have your hopes raised

[URL]http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/14894-fincantieri-two-more-new-cruise-vessels-for-vard.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

I was slightly excited, but then I think, possibly too small but if it is the news....then probably above my sailing budget

Let's see on both counts.

I am still thinking a timed announcement could (I only say could) be a significant one with timing because it's market price sensitive and there will have to be simultaneous announcements. However you would not normally pre trail price sensitive announcements more than about 24 hours ahead

Welshfamily - We have visited SPb and seen the main tourist sites with Anastasia Travel. This time we have investigated getting our own visa but eventually discovered that UK citizens are only allowed single or double entry tourist visa. I checked different sources including embassy and the same reply from all was that each time you step ashore from the ship it is classed as a fresh entry. A double entry therefore only allows visits on two of our three days - annoying. (Visa just under £100 single entry or + £15 for double entry if you do it yourself.)We have also looked into a trip to Moscow travelling on sleeper trains each way. We booked our cruise quite late so not much time and our passports are currently being renewed, very bad planning on our part. If you plan to diy give yourself plenty of time to plan. Booking train tickets direct is much cheaper than doing it as part of a ship's three day tour. At the same time as booking train tickets you can also book transfers both in SPb and Moscow and obtain for free the tourist voucher (letter of invitation). I haven't done it but that seemed to be the case (Russian trains website). We have ended up booking half day ship's tours and an evening tour.

[quote name='BBMacLaird']I'm hearing the announcement may be postponed a few days.

I'll let you know when I know more.[/QUOTE]

Am I right in assuming it has been delayed as the message has been removed from Azamara's UK website?

Big announcement scheduled....oops we are not quite ready....sorry delayed..... Come on Azamara. Is the I intent of these "teaser" tweets to generate speculation or a genuine inability to line up all of your ducks? I apologize for my rant but I am so tired of all the speculation new ships, or not new ships.

[quote name='2fromTO']Big announcement scheduled....oops we are not quite ready....sorry delayed..... Come on Azamara. Is the I intent of these "teaser" tweets to generate speculation or a genuine inability to line up all of your ducks? I apologize for my rant but I am so tired of all the speculation new ships, or not new ships.[/QUOTE]

Not ranting at all but Azamara has history in delaying announcements it has previously trailed.

No doubt all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='munch1']Just saw on facebook , Azamara has a 1 week sale on suites in the Med.
2 travel for the price of 1
Wonder if that is the annoucement[/QUOTE]

No, our [URL="https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/luxury-cruise-deals/suite-sale"]Suite Sale[/URL] is separate. It is on select voyages and only lasts one week, from today-May 24.