Majesty drydock pictures

Cruise Director Marc Walker is posting pictures to his Facebook from Majesty's drydock

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1303456503015161&id=152345471459609

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1302811409746337&substory_index=0&id=152345471459609

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Canadian Tyler

Marc has promised on his page that the ship would be ready for Monday.

The pics are a few days old now... and from other drydock pictures it is amazing how slow things go, and the last few days everything comes together quickly.

Now, being put back together and working are 2 different things ;) Often after drydock some of the areas that had work done are still being worked on a bit.

The pics are a few days old now... and from other drydock pictures it is amazing how slow things go, and the last few days everything comes together quickly.

Now, being put back together and working are 2 different things ;) Often after drydock some of the areas that had work done are still being worked on a bit.

Good point! I have no idea now why I was so excited to be on the first sailing after drydock. I never really considered that the ship wouldn't be in 100% working order by then. I guess this cruise will serve as a lesson for the future. Regardless, I plan to enjoy this well-deserved break from every day life.

And no solarium/quiet pool area either to avoid it.

Isn't Majesty leaving the fleet soon-ish? Wonder why they're putting this money in for a short time with the company. Or is she staying in the fleet now? Haven't been following it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Canadian Tyler

And no solarium/quiet pool area either to avoid it.

Isn't Majesty leaving the fleet soon-ish? Wonder why they're putting this money in for a short time with the company. Or is she staying in the fleet now? Haven't been following it.

She alternates between leaving the fleet and not leaving the fleet. Right now, she is not leaving the fleet, but that can change any moment.

She alternates between leaving the fleet and not leaving the fleet. Right now, she is not leaving the fleet, but that can change any moment.

I hope so..Very disappointed Enchantment was taken and replaced with a ship devoid of improvements unless you are a 5 year old.

We were in Freeport yesterday, and she looked like she was still out of the water. Empress was docked in front of her and she was backed in behind the Carnival Sunshine and another ship so I couldn't get a clear view.

Edited by orville99

I hope so..Very disappointed Enchantment was taken and replaced with a ship devoid of improvements unless you are a 5 year old.

Right there with you. Even with "improvements", the ship has such tiny cabins!

So those who want to sail from Port Canaveral either have the old Majesty with tiny cabins and limited upgrades, or the Oasis with limited ports. To me a downgrade from the old choice of Freedom or Enchantment.

If the alternative is no 3/4 night cruise from PC, I guess I'd rather have the majesty than have nothing.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We were in Freeport yesterday, and she looked like she was still out of the water. Empress was docked in front of her and she was backed in behind the Carnival Sunshine and another ship so I couldn't get a clear view.

Two days to go until the first cruise. At least she is fairly close, maybe 12 hours away from PC?

She and Empress are actually in Wet Dock. Was not necessary to take out of the water for what they had to do.

Two days to go until the first cruise. At least she is fairly close, maybe 12 hours away from PC?

We left Freeport yesterday at 5PM, and were tied up in PC well before 6AM, and we weren't going more than 12-15 knots all the way.

She and Empress are actually in Wet Dock. Was not necessary to take out of the water for what they had to do.

Couldn't tell from where we were. She was hidden behind three other ships. All we could see was the VCL and her bow.

• 2 weeks later...

So those who want to sail from Port Canaveral either have the old Majesty with tiny cabins and limited upgrades, or the Oasis with limited ports. To me a downgrade from the old choice of Freedom or Enchantment.

If the alternative is no 3/4 night cruise from PC, I guess I'd rather have the majesty than have nothing.

M

I completely agree with you. Freedom/Enchantment was a great combination. RCCL has made a mistake, I'm afraid, not having a better smaller ship. We're giving Majesty a try right befire our Oasis cruise but hate the Oasis/Majesty option. Might seriously consider Epic.

Port Canaveral was actually pretty lucky to have Enchantment for the time she was there IMO. Those 3/4 night Bahamas runs had been Sovereign class ships for I know at least the last 9-10 years so it makes perfect sense why Majesty is there. My best friend did a 3 nighter on Sovereign out of PC in 2007 then there was Monarch. Have no idea what ship did those runs before Sovereign. Does anyone? :confused:

Edited by ryano

M

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I cancelled my June sailing aboard the Enchantment just to see if I could deal with the Majesty since it is so close to our home in Central Florida. I will find out in three days!

I completely agree with you. Freedom/Enchantment was a great combination. RCCL has made a mistake, I'm afraid, not having a better smaller ship. We're giving Majesty a try right befire our Oasis cruise but hate the Oasis/Majesty option. Might seriously consider Epic.

I'm with you Reijo. I am leaving in three days for a weekend cruise and plan to post a review. I was so looking forward to PC having a Radiance Class ship. What a bummer.

Yes, we were supposed to get the Radiance or one of her sisters. I was pretty upset to find out she was going overseas instead. :(

It was Rhapsody not Radiance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app