On Anthem Now

Just finishing the 9 night Bermuda-Caribbean cruise on ANTHEM. Will write a detailed review when I return home but wanted to share a few comments with you.

Solarium and 270 are beautiful spaces. Great for relaxing or reading. Both the solarium Bistro and 270 Cafe have great lunch and breakfast fare and you can find a table easily.

Windjammer is crowded for lunch and breakfast. Go aft and you will find plenty of available tables.

Chair hog police are strictly enforcing in Solarium. They leave a note on your belongings, typically giving you 30 minutes to return.

They no longer offer wine packages.

Room service is poor and unreliable. They did not deliver on time, completely missed an order for one of our rooms and forgot to bring spoons for cereal.

As an original fan and hopeful for dynamic dining, it is not working. Food in free restaurants is mediocre and staff is unorganized. Alot of commotion and we felt rushed. The Grand is the exception. Delicious meal there. Discovered, too late, that you can ask for a menu from a specific restaurant in any of the others (complimentary dining only). Went to Chops, very good as always. Jamies is fantastic!!! Order the "Plank". Returning there tonigh.

You really do need to make advance reservations for dining if you want to dine before 9 pm.

Also need to make advance reservations for North Star. They will take people without reservation, but on stand by which can take a while. Very much worth experiencing!!!

Drink prices really have increased. Mixed drinks are $12 and up. Domestic beer is $6.50, house wine is $8.00. A good wine starts at $12. We got the drink package at 20% off prior to the cruise for my hubby and found it to be well worth it.

Cabins 7254 and 7252 are in a great location!! Close to elebatons, restaurants, Windjammer and 270. Would choose them again on a future cruise.

Crew is very ready and happy to assist handcapped. They will assist in finding seats and take walkers to a safe place. They will also return them if the see you are getting ready to leave. Golf carts on the pier in St. Martin to take you into port or to tour meeting place. Crew with wheel chairs on the pier will take you to tram on Labadee.

The ship is gorgeous, very well laid out and staff is wonderful!! We look forward to another future cruise on Anthem.

Thanks for the recap. How has the wifi been?

I bought the wi-fi pkg, limited to one device, and it's been working great. I can use it interchangeably between my cell phone and my tablet.

Can you please check on the Unlimited Wi-fi price on the Anthem? Also what was the Diamond Plus discount on thisi package? Thank you.

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to check on this for you!

Glad you are enjoying yourself and I also thank you for the tip about the menu option. So I could have the Grande menu in any of the other restaurants? That's great!

I would love to hear what you did in Bermuda!

Yes, you can. Just be aware that it may take longer to be served.

Can you please check on the Unlimited Wi-fi price on the Anthem? Also what was the Diamond Plus discount on thisi package? Thank you.

I was on the Anthem in April and the price for unlimited for one device was $15 per day. I don't know what the D+ discount is but the diamond discount was $30. It worked very well.

We were on this sailing too and really enjoyed the Solarium and Solarium Bistro and the 270 as well. Windjammer was above Royal Caribbean buffet average, but it always felt very chaotic. Not only were they checking on CHOGS, they were shooing out the young children out of the Solarium as well. We did DD Classic early seating, had great service, food was at least good, filet mignon in Grande was great. Lamb chops in ?Chic were amazing.

DL was filled to overflowing every night. Drinks were generous and it was nice to have the extra on our sea pass cards.