Self Service Laundry on Zaandam?

iflyrc5

We have friends that will be sailing on the Zaandam in August on their first cruise. I remember that the self service laundry was being removed from some of the ships. Is the self service laundry still available on the Zaandam?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
We have friends that will be sailing on the Zaandam in August on their first cruise. I remember that the self service laundry was being removed from some of the ships. Is the self service laundry still available on the Zaandam?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

We were on Zaandam for the last 2 weeks. The self service laundry in on Deck 3, has 4 washers and 4 dryers. It was very busy the last 2 days before Seward and first 2 days after, I guess from people doing land tours.

• 4 months later...
Do the washers include laundry soap? When I was on the Ryndam in 2015, they had liquid soap attached to the machines - just push a button. The soap was no additional charge. Wondering if the Zaandam washers are like that or if the ship sells laundry soap separately.

Soap is provided and they want you to use it as it is geared for the environment. The only thing you need to bring (if you like to use them) is dryer sheets.

It's Deck 3. There were some issues with the dryers, not drying very well.

Not just that but I forgot to add that one of the dryers ruined some clothes (black rubber gasket marks). One of the dryers closest to the port side of the ship. Hopefully it's bee replaced or repaired since.

Not just that but I forgot to add that one of the dryers ruined some clothes (black rubber gasket marks). One of the dryers closest to the port side of the ship. Hopefully it's bee replaced or repaired since.

You might have gotten what you wished for. From one of the Roll Call threads, it appears that the Zaandam no longer has self-service laundry. So no need to replace/repair them, just remove them :mad:

Edited by frugaltravel

You might have gotten what you wished for. From one of the Roll Call threads, it appears that the Zaandam no longer has self-service laundry. So no need to replace/repair them, just remove them :mad:

Guess HAL can extract even more money from pax for laundry services. Wonder if the space will be turned into an inside cabin. I think I'll stay on freighters from now on.

Edited by cruising cockroach

Do you remember where you read this? I was counting on doing my own laundry!

The deck plans on HAL.com do reflect no laundry facility now. The Amsterdam and Rotterdam are also missing the laundry. The Volendam still has it 4 berths aft of the main atrium.

I just checked on the HAL website, and you are right, the launderette does not show. However, in the list of Public Rooms to the right of the map, it still mentions the launderette...???

I just checked on the HAL website, and you are right, the launderette does not show. However, in the list of Public Rooms to the right of the map, it still mentions the launderette...???

An oversight, I imagine? On board the Zaandam 2 years ago, the forward laundry room was still showing on the ship's brass diagrams and signage.

Good news! I just called HAL, and he told me that they did a "refit", whatever that means. He also said that it does not show on the deck plan anymore, but that the launderette is still there :D

• 2 weeks later...