Luminae ?

daka

We've not been on Celebrity for a while, family cruises on R/C Allure and Oasis.

But we are back, just booked Dec 11 Aqua (love Aqua) but what about Suite/

We don't really need a suite, but just might be worth the difference over Aqua if the dining is THAT much better than Blu....????

We have been in Aqua and in suites. I think the suites are worth it. Luminae has great food and exceptional service. Michaels also have great service. It is not necessarily the free drinks since you get free premium drinks with suites, but the ambiance.

The thing Aqua has is free access to the Persian Garden. On our last cruise we couldn't even buy a pass to the gardens even though we were suite guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... It is not necessarily the free drinks since you get free premium drinks with suites, but the ambiance. ...

Not with all suites. Just to clarify, a premium drinks package is included only in Signature Suites and above, but not in Sky or Celebrity Suites.

For more information on what is included in each suite category, please use the following link and click on details for each suite category.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

But....you *do* get free drinks in Michael's Club.

We typically sail in sky suites and once Blu was introduced we quit eating in the MDR altogether. We love Blu and we were very careful to not take an Aqua Class person's place. There were always quite a few tables empty when we went in.

Having eaten in Luminae now, and enjoying Michael's Club, we will definitely always sail sky suites. Luminae is, in my opinion, one of the best things X has done in a long time. It's wonderful.

We were in a Celebrity Suite once but the perks are the same and the only difference is a bigger couch in the separate room. But it wasn't worth the difference in $$ and honestly we prefer the corner aft view better. I can't imagine we'll ever sail higher than sky suite. We use the room but we just don't need THAT much room. We don't like to eat in our cabin - we like to get out and about the ship, and we always sail with just us two.

The wait staff and the sommelier in Luminae PLUS the Michael's Club concierge truly made our cruise special. We wanted an engine room control room tour. Got it. The concierge had private concerts and teas and got us tours of anything we wanted for just a handful of people. It was wonderful. A few of us thought eating at one of the captain's tables would be fun. No problem.

Not with all suites. Just to clarify, a premium drinks package is included only in Signature Suites and above, but not in Sky or Celebrity Suites.

For more information on what is included in each suite category, please use the following link and click on details for each suite category.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

There is a suite promo going on right now that gives all suites 4 perks, one being the premium drink package for the first two passengers.

It ends May 31st, but actually has been going on since the beginning of the year, so it's been extended at least once that I know of.

It's for bookings from June 2016-April 2018.

Can someone explain ... what is LUMINAE?

We have been on 12 SOLSTACE class cruises and have never heard about this??

The combination of Luminae and Michael's Club for all suites is just a great overall experience. IMO it is worth the extra price of a suite. The current suite promotion of 4 perks, with even extra OBC if you reserve onboard, is just a great deal for a suite.

There is a suite promo going on right now that gives all suites 4 perks, one being the premium drink package for the first two passengers.

It ends May 31st, but actually has been going on since the beginning of the year, so it's been extended at least once that I know of.

It's for bookings from June 2016-April 2018.

I know. I have tried to get the four perks promo for two cruises and were told no perks are available on suites or any other cabins. October 25, 2016 Equinox - Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale and January 14, 2018 Constellation - Abu Dhabi to Singapore.

When Celebrity says the perks are available on "almost any cruise," we just happened to pick two of the few exceptions.

We were told that the "perks" packages are not available on repositioning cruises due to the lower prices for these types of cruises. I have to agree with their thinking - a Sky Suite for 2 on a 19 day repositioning cruise was less than $10,000. We will get the free drinks through Michael's Club along with access to their fabulous coffee machine. We will not get free internet nor pre-paid gratuities. All in all, it's still a great deal.

We were told that the "perks" packages are not available on repositioning cruises due to the lower prices for these types of cruises. I have to agree with their thinking - a Sky Suite for 2 on a 19 day repositioning cruise was less than $10,000. We will get the free drinks through Michael's Club along with access to their fabulous coffee machine. We will not get free internet nor pre-paid gratuities. All in all, it's still a great deal.

Agreed. We are also Elite; so there is also the Sky Lounge and the three free drink coupons to be used in any bar within the specified time frame.

Suite Class guests will be indulged with a new and exclusive restaurant—Luminae. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Luminae is a culinary experience of modern, eclectic cuisine and extraordinary service that will remind you (and your taste buds) that there’s no better way to vacation than as a Celebrity Cruises Suite Class guest. Luminae offers a deliciously exclusive dining experience like no other.

For more information, please visit http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-luminae

For longer cruises we book a sky suite and love Luminae (and the other suite perks). After dining in Luminae we were worried that we would be disappointed with Blu on our next cruise which was shorter. Fortunately we continued to be veryhappy with Blu. We have a 13 night Barcelona cruise in September and are looking forward to Luminae again but the cruise after that will be shorter and in Aqua.

But....you *do* get free drinks in Michael's Club.

We typically sail in sky suites and once Blu was introduced we quit eating in the MDR altogether. We love Blu and we were very careful to not take an Aqua Class person's place. There were always quite a few tables empty when we went in.

Having eaten in Luminae now, and enjoying Michael's Club, we will definitely always sail sky suites. Luminae is, in my opinion, one of the best things X has done in a long time. It's wonderful.

We were in a Celebrity Suite once but the perks are the same and the only difference is a bigger couch in the separate room. But it wasn't worth the difference in $$ and honestly we prefer the corner aft view better. I can't imagine we'll ever sail higher than sky suite. We use the room but we just don't need THAT much room. We don't like to eat in our cabin - we like to get out and about the ship, and we always sail with just us two.

The wait staff and the sommelier in Luminae PLUS the Michael's Club concierge truly made our cruise special. We wanted an engine room control room tour. Got it. The concierge had private concerts and teas and got us tours of anything we wanted for just a handful of people. It was wonderful. A few of us thought eating at one of the captain's tables would be fun. No problem.

We were in a Royal once and requested for a Engine room tour but was turned down because they say once the ship sails they can't let anyone in. Can you let me know how you pull that off?

We were in a Royal once and requested for a Engine room tour but was turned down because they say once the ship sails they can't let anyone in. Can you let me know how you pull that off?

Don't know what you expect from an "engine room" tour. On Princess, they offer the Ultimate Ship's Tour which includes the engine control room. But you don't get to go down where the stokers are shoveling the coal!

Luminae is just brilliant, and on each ship it taken out of some of the Main Dining Room space, usually to one side - so you only have one entrance to the MDR now on the lower level rather than two. The other serves Luminae.

We were in a Royal Suite on our last two week cruise round the Med. We found the room to be spectacular (it had two bathrooms, an enormous lounge, bedroom, huge walk in wardrobe and quadruple length balcony with hot tub). It is definitely much better than the Royal Suites on the Millennium Class ships.

To be honest though the appeal of Suite Class for us isn't the extra room size. Others are right in highlighting that the whole cruise is actually a very different experience, right from embarkation. It's the more personalised service with Michael's club concierge and the butler, through to a dining room where they'll do anything you ask, that make it feel like a whole different cruise all together. If you can swing even just a Sky Suite, go for it, because you won't go back!

Don't know what you expect from an "engine room" tour. On Princess, they offer the Ultimate Ship's Tour which includes the engine control room. But you don't get to go down where the stokers are shoveling the coal!

Good one.

From my experience the Celebrity "Engine room" tour is really the control room. The bridge tour is more interesting IMO.

It is a private restaurant for suite-class passengers. Goes along with Michael's Club and a few other suite perks.

It is a private restaurant for suite-class passengers. It goes along with Michael's Club and a few other suite perks. Here's a link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-luminae

I know. I have tried to get the four perks promo for two cruises and were told no perks are available on suites or any other cabins. October 25, 2016 Equinox - Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale and January 14, 2018 Constellation - Abu Dhabi to Singapore.

When Celebrity says the perks are available on "almost any cruise," we just happened to pick two of the few exceptions.

That's because the promo exempts perks for "re-positioning" or Trans-Atlantic/Pacific cruises. Celebrity's definition of a "re-positioning" cruise is liberal and inconsistent. Abu Dhabi to Singapore and the reverse are run repeatedly during the winter Asian season, but Celebrity calls them "re-positioning" cruises "since they don't start and end in the same port", which is a totally bogus explanation since some Med cruises don't start and end in the same port and they evidently aren't classified that way as they get the promo perks.

Edited by blizzardboy