Crown & Anchor changes????

Hi,

We were just on a 7-day eastern Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. We've been on several RCI cruises before and have enjoyed Diamond status the last few cruises we've been on. Can anyone out there tell me if RCI is making serious changes to their loyalty program? It certainly seemed so on this latest cruise we just came home from. Last year on Liberty of the seas my husband, kids and I felt like we were treated like royalty and certainly enjoyed the Diamond Lounge while on that ship. This time on Allure, we felt very disappointed. The loyalty ambassador didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and the Concerge in the Diamond Lounge was brand new on the job and didn't have any answers for us when we asked questions. He also told us on the first night that our kids were not welcomed in the lounge during the evening cocktail hour. We weren't happy to hear that as not only have our kids been on as many cruises as we have,

What were we going to do with them right before dinner if we wanted to have a glass of wine?

We found that many staff on this ship didn't seem to either know much about what was going on or had just joined this ship and it was new to them. We heard that many many times over the week!

Additionally, even though I've spent a lot of

$ with Royal Caribbean and been a loyal customer it was all about the "suites guests". They had their own line on Flowrider, had their own restaurant on 17 and had priority seating at the shows.

Very disappointing to be a loyal Crown & Anchor member to be treated so poorly by our beloved Royal Caribbean.

Can anyone tell me if these changes are specific to the one boat or is the whole company/fleet making that shift from the loyalty program to that of what kind of room you are booked into for the week?

Hi,

We were just on a 7-day eastern Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. We've been on several RCI cruises before and have enjoyed Diamond status the last few cruises we've been on. Can anyone out there tell me if RCI is making serious changes to their loyalty program? It certainly seemed so on this latest cruise we just came home from. Last year on Liberty of the seas my husband, kids and I felt like we were treated like royalty and certainly enjoyed the Diamond Lounge while on that ship. This time on Allure, we felt very disappointed. The loyalty ambassador didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and the Concerge in the Diamond Lounge was brand new on the job and didn't have any answers for us when we asked questions. He also told us on the first night that our kids were not welcomed in the lounge during the evening cocktail hour. We weren't happy to hear that as not only have our kids been on as many cruises as we have,

What were we going to do with them right before dinner if we wanted to have a glass of wine?

We found that many staff on this ship didn't seem to either know much about what was going on or had just joined this ship and it was new to them. We heard that many many times over the week!

Additionally, even though I've spent a lot of

$ with Royal Caribbean and been a loyal customer it was all about the "suites guests". They had their own line on Flowrider, had their own restaurant on 17 and had priority seating at the shows.

Very disappointing to be a loyal Crown & Anchor member to be treated so poorly by our beloved Royal Caribbean.

Can anyone tell me if these changes are specific to the one boat or is the whole company/fleet making that shift from the loyalty program to that of what kind of room you are booked into for the week?

I can appreciate your angst but none of that has to do with C&A changes, but suite elevations. Realistically nothing has been taken away.

In the Diamond Lounge the cocktail hour is for those 18 and over. Its been that way for quite a while. Children are welcome at other times when accompanied by a parent. I experienced this in March when traveling with my grandchildren who are Diamond on their own. It's a cocktail hour for adults. Enjoy a cocktail after they go to Adventure Ocean.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I can appreciate your angst but none of that has to do with C&A changes, but suite elevations. Realistically nothing has been taken away.

I agree.

To compete with other lines, as well as justify the costs, suite perks have been expanded. You can't blame Royal for attempting to appeal to big money.

OP, I think your scattered experience regarding C&A on Allure was more ship specific.

We did, we had 2 Jr suites attached. Which is were the frustration started because we were told several times that the "perks" we're just for suites guests and that our Jr. suites didn't count. Even though we spent more $ to have 2 Jr suites than the cost of one regular suite with accommodation for 4. It was a constant reminder all week of the changes the RC has been making.

No return cruise gifts either, my kids were very disappointed by that.

It was a real shift from what it was just 1 year ago on our last cruise vacation.

I agree.

To compete with other lines, as well as justify the costs, suite perks have been expanded. You can't blame Royal for attempting to appeal to big money.

OP, I think your scattered experience regarding C&A on Allure was more ship specific.

Thank you!!!! Appreciate your response.

We did, we had 2 Jr suites attached. Which is were the frustration started because we were told several times that the "perks" we're just for suites guests and that our Jr. suites didn't count. Even though we spent more $ to have 2 Jr suites than the cost of one regular suite with accommodation for 4. It was a constant reminder all week of the changes the RC has been making.

It was a real shift from what it was just 1 year ago on our last cruise vacation.

Sorry, but Jr. Suites have never had the same perks as full suites - nothing new there. No lounge access, Concierge services, reserved seating, etc. Only priority boarding and double points.

Also just curious, as Diamond is achieved after reaching 80 C & A points, if you have only been on several RCI cruises, how did you have attain this status that you have enjoyed on the last few cruises? Long itineraries in suites? And the DL Concierge is correct about the age guideline during the cocktail hours - that too is not new.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

What special perks do you think you didn't get?

In the Diamond Lounge the cocktail hour is for those 18 and over. Its been that way for quite a while. Children are welcome at other times when accompanied by a parent. I experienced this in March when traveling with my grandchildren who are Diamond on their own. It's a cocktail hour for adults. Enjoy a cocktail after they go to Adventure Ocean.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope it stays this way. I don't think kids should be allowed during cocktail hour.

Since I'm not diamond, I'm not positive, but can't you go to any bar and get 3 drinks as opposed to going to the lounge? I know I've had my kids in the Schooner bar while picking up a drink.

Since I'm not diamond, I'm not positive, but can't you go to any bar and get 3 drinks as opposed to going to the lounge? I know I've had my kids in the Schooner bar while picking up a drink.

Diamond should have 3 drinks loaded on your seapass card.You can use them in most bars.

Diamond should have 3 drinks loaded on your seapass card.You can use them in most bars.

Yes - Diamond and above has three drink coupons loaded onto their SeaPass card daily for use only during the DL cocktail hour valid at most bars. As reported as Diamond, the OP should have been aware of this as it has been in effect for some time now.

Edited by leaveitallbehind