Advantages port or starboard cabin - Western Itinerary Oasis?

Wondering what would be best port or starboard side when we dock in Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel on Oasis?

When you say "best" what do you mean? Best view of land or sea? Most of the time docked at Labadee starboard faces land/beach, and port faces sea. At the other ports your view may be blocked by another ship but its unpredictable.

Doesn't matter at the ports of call since they could dock facing either way and on either side of the pier.

However if you are leaving out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), the port side is better since the local residents tend to celebrate the sailaway.

Edited by TBone2K

Doesn't matter at the ports of call since they could dock facing either way and on either side of the pier.

However if you are leaving out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), the port side is better since the local residents tend to celebrate the sailaway.

This is true however after the ship turns south towards Haiti the starboard side has an excellent view of the Florida coast and the sunset, weather permitting.

Flip a coin.:)

IMG_0956_zps5pt2i6me.jpg

Edited by Pratique

We were told on a Bridge tour on Oasis that the Oasis class ships are designed to dock starboard side.

That's true, they will most likely dock on the starboard side, however that does not mean the docked side is "best", whatever "best" means to the OP.

We were told on a Bridge tour on Oasis that the Oasis class ships are designed to dock starboard side.

That is true, however at most ports the ship could dock on either side of the pier, meaning starboard could face either direction.

sitting at the airport after just disembarking oasis western tour and we had a starboard balcony room and loved it. I kept saying how lucky we got at each port since the views were so wonderful. Leaving port the first day--we had the ocean view versus the dock view and that was fine with us. loved seeing the water right away. amazing cruise overall!

That's true, they will most likely dock on the starboard side, however that does not mean the docked side is "best", whatever "best" means to the OP.

I agree. We had a port side for Allure and we liked the view of the water rather than the pier. If you share the port with another ship, you are likely to stare at their balconies, especially in Labadee and Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk