The Myth of the Royal Cheerleader

Yes, there appear to be "Cheerleaders".

It is called cruise "CRITIC" and there are cheerleaders who like to see their post numbers climb. I noticed they are strangely silent here.

IF, repeat if, RC wants to improve they need to know when and where they fall short.

Edited by scootersdad

It is called cruise "CRITIC" and there are cheerleaders who like to see their post numbers climb. I noticed they are strangely silent here.

IF, repeat if, RC wants to improve they need to know when and where they fall short.

I guess the easiest way to increase that post count is paste the same post twice. :rolleyes:

It's not only cheerleaders who like to see their post counts climb, I've seen a 70k poster who has at least 30k worth of "Use the Search tool" "Why do you care?", "That question has been asked 50 times" posts.

The cheerleader exists. I have seen several cases just today. Especially on Empress threads. It's disgusting.

Interesting. Can you point me to two or three examples of these several "disgusting" cheerleaders?

Interesting. Can you point me to two or three examples of these several "disgusting" cheerleaders?

Disgusting was an interesting word choice. On the other hand, sharing her intestinal conditions was definitely TMI. ;)

Disgusting was an interesting word choice. On the other hand, sharing her intestinal conditions was definitely TMI. ;)

I haven't read every post on every thread about the Empress, but I haven't seen anything that I think would count as a disgusting level of cheerleading. Most people have been sympathetic to the problems passengers have had, and about the worst "cheerleading" I've seen has been the occasional questioning of a detail or perhaps someone expressing that a particular issue cited wouldn't be much of a bother to them. I could have missed the disgusting stuff, though. Will have to wait and see if anything gets pointed out to me.

There are certainly those who have problems with anyone who disagrees with their POV. Call them cheerleaders or self centered or narrow-visioned. Some people, for whatever reason, cannot understand that their experience may different than the experience of others and must attack them aggressively and rudely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thing is, that goes both ways.

There are the people who like to think that their complaints are valid on all ships, all sailings, and get really upset when people tell them that other experiences have not met their bad ones.

Why is it the "cheerleaders" that are the aggressive and rude ones? Geez, seem as if the cheerleader attackers are just as rude and aggressive.

It's interesting that the ones who are able to post their positive experiences have a label, but the ones who are quite the opposite do not have a label. And there are plenty of people who post long threads about rumors and not direct experiences. Who are quick to label anyone who posts actual experience that is counter to the rumors "cheerleaders". Makes me ask why they even bother to cruise.

I don't understand how you ended up with bloody ankles since you have the ability to move out of their way.

I live in S. Florida, so people in mobility scooters are 'aplenty'.

I surely would not want to be 'rear ended' by a scooter driver, but in post #99 you wrote "It is, however, when you end up with bloody ankles due to being hit multiple times with mobility scooters." that seems more extreme. I am sure you were cognizant of their presence, as much as they were cognizant of yours.

Unless humans somehow grew eyes in the back of their heads and I haven't evolved yet, it is hard to be cognizant of a scooter that rams into you from behind. I had a scooter ram me so hard in the buffet line on Oosterdam, I nearly lost my entire plate of food. It does happen. And I also live in South Florida, so that has nothing to do with it.

For some reason I ROFL at this.

Biker, who doesn't see post whoring as a bad thing.

Just another excuse some people use to try to discredit another - much like calling someone a cheerleader. If you don't have a good response to what they say, just attack the person instead...

Unless humans somehow grew eyes in the back of their heads and I haven't evolved yet, it is hard to be cognizant of a scooter that rams into you from behind. I had a scooter ram me so hard in the buffet line on Oosterdam, I nearly lost my entire plate of food. It does happen. And I also live in South Florida, so that has nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty sure my mom had eyes in the back of her head, but I did not inherit that trait.

If you read my post that refers to the fact that he said he "got bloody ankles" that seems like an over the top description.....sure you can get tapped by a scooter and you even could nearly lose the plate of food you were carrying. I have had people bump into me just walking and almost lose the plate I was carrying. I was walking down my street and a young child on his bike lost control and rolled up the back of my foot when he got too close and could not control his bike....but I won't say he 'bloodied my ankle' or even bruised it.

Having fun? Lightening up?

You must be one of those Cheerleaders...

Or like me, a frustrated comedian. Speaking of which, seeing Frank Caliendo tonight. I should have been a comedy writer, I could never deliver the material myself.

Speaking of Kamikaze scooter operators, if check out my Allure 2013 review I remember one cruiser got his hamstrings badly bruised by a scooter waiting to get into the dining room. I was able to jump out of the way and ride her wake into the dining room the way you move over for an ambulance with coming up from behind, but you hurry up and then stay behind it.

If you read my post that refers to the fact that he said he "got bloody ankles" that seems like an over the top description.....sure you can get tapped by a scooter and you even could nearly lose the plate of food you were carrying. I have had people bump into me just walking and almost lose the plate I was carrying. I was walking down my street and a young child on his bike lost control and rolled up the back of my foot when he got too close and could not control his bike....but I won't say he 'bloodied my ankle' or even bruised it.

'So... because it hasn't happened to you that means it hasn't happened to anyone else?

'So... because it hasn't happened to you that means it hasn't happened to anyone else?

I think you misinterpreted what was said there. It wasn't that it hadn't happened to her, therefore she concludes it hasn't happend to anyone else. The implication was simply that she thought "bloody ankles" was likely an exaggeration.

I think you misinterpreted what was said there. It wasn't that it hadn't happened to her, therefore she concludes it hasn't happend to anyone else. The implication was simply that she thought "bloody ankles" was likely an exaggeration.

I can tell you that "horribly bruised toes" isn't an exaggeration after having my feet (and I don't have large feet nor have them sticking out) run over on three separate occasions on a cruise. Once, the guy didn't even apologize, just glared at me as if it were my fault.

Having fun? Lightening up?

You must be one of those Cheerleaders...

I could be a notorious thread hijacker, point chaser, post whore and part time cheerleader. But do we really need labels. ;)

I could be a notorious thread hijacker, point chaser, post whore and part time cheerleader. But do we really need labels. ;)

I guess we do, we have plenty of people giving labels, they must be needed. Speaking of labels, CC doesn't seem to recognize [HIJACK] [/HIJACK]

I can tell you that "horribly bruised toes" isn't an exaggeration after having my feet (and I don't have large feet nor have them sticking out) run over on three separate occasions on a cruise. Once, the guy didn't even apologize, just glared at me as if it were my fault.

My cousin who had an artificial leg (diabetes since childhood) and was able to stand and walk effectively had her good foot run over by someone in a wheelchair. She lost her other leg as a result. Just goes to show that no matter what people need to be respectful of each other's space

One of us is confined to a wheelchair and he exercises every possible courtesy/caution as not to harm/injure other passengers with his wheelchair while onboard ship and/or ashore and/or at home and in his hometown when out and about.

On board ship though he had a few of too many close calls when an impatient passenger suddenly jumped from behind to in front of him and/or tried to squeeze past him in hallway while he and his wheelchair were in motion.

In short, he's very cautious and very considerate of others and only wishes that others would be the same in return.