Are almost all Carnival cruisers from the USA?

OCruisers

Are almost all passengers who cruise on Carnival from the USA? :confused:

On Carnival we've only cruised out of Charleston, SC or Florida ports

(always 7 day cruises) and have very seldom met fellow passengers (even from Canada) who were not from the USA.

Is this because of our embarkation ports or is it always true for Carnival?

On other cruise lines we've always had lots from a variety of different countries.

Just wondering .... LuLu

In addition to Canadians we have had groups of Chinese tourists on ships. I agree that there has not been a large international mixture except of course for those Americans who were originally from other countries.

From someone who limits how much I fly anymore, we have always cruised from ports we could get to by car (or in one instance a very short hop). We saw a lot of Europeans on our Baltic cruise, and the Americans were in the minority. Proximity helps.

Met lots of British travelers on the short cruises out of Long Beach. They do a package--Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles with a side of Mexico.

HI and Alaska cruises attract a bit more nationalities.

Gut, we've met several pax from Australia. They say it's cheaper for them to sail out if Los Angeles than at home.

Edited by SadieN

We are from Australia and have 4 Carnival Cruises coming up. Dream B2B from New Orleans, Legend from Seattle and again from Hawaii. I have a feeling my kids will come home with a US accent!

In saying all that, Go on the Spirit and Legend (when Australian based) and all you will get is Aussies with some Kiwis thrown in.

My husband and I are from Canada, and we've cruised Carnival six times...seventh coming up in Dec 2016. With the recent poor performance of our Canadian dollar in relation to the American dollar, you're probably seeing fewer of us on cruises.

But we just can't resist cruising....it's a great escape from our cold winters!

Carnival have a poor commercial set up in the UK. Yes their cruises are packaged and advertised through some travel companies such as Virgin and Trailfinders.

However there is no advertising as such through the media, in the same way that RCI,P&O, and Celebrity do.

That being said we got hooked into them via a Timeshare deal, which served us well. Our last few Carnival sailings however have mostly been in the Med on the new ships, just as we are doing this year

On our last cruise out of Galveston we waited in the non American line during debarcation. The line was very long. We are Canadian, but have seldom met fellow Canadians onboard. Curious to know though how many would be onboard.

We are from Canada and just went on our very first cruise this past April. We've already booked our next cruise on the Paradise and we are bringing along our daughter and son-in-law.

Many of folks that I know here in our region cruise, but very few on Carnival with most of them cruising on Celebrity.

Hi there

Carnival cruises out of the Florida ports are an excellent choice for vacationers on a budget. If you don't have to fly or fly far you can pick up and go whenever is convenient.

A general statement that an overwhelming majority of cruisers leaving from any American port would be true.

For instance look at a port like Charleston...we wouldn't typically consider it.

First, the cruises leaving from that port are always priced higher than those leaving from Florida. I would think that they are marketed more to people who are in the immediate area and are able to drive to the port.

Second, for us (can't say for other regions) it is not a convenient airport to fly to.

If we could easily drive to a cruise port we would. If we were able to avoid flying we would likely cruise more often. The nearest ports for us are an 8-9 hr. drive. Even that would be nice compared to flying but what is available is limited and once we go to New York ports there is a premium on cruise pricing not to mention parking.

Also as others have mentioned the US$ has increased quite a bit over the last year and a half, so it has become more expensive for people to travel in the States.

I have always met several Canadians on every cruise I have sailed.

I sporadically meet people from other countries. Its funny, but I have often met them at open seating breakfast/brunch/lunch in the MDR when seated with "strangers" at a large table. I have met people from England, Australia, Costa Rica and others.

When I sailed the Destiny way back when out of San Juan there were many more non-American citizens as the ship actually provided more than one embarkation/debarkation port option and pax changed mid-cruise.

Edited by LizaMM

The larger more metropolitan port cities will have a larger demographic from other areas. So you'll find more people from other parts of the US and the world on those that depart from big cities. You're less likely to find people from other areas on some of the more local ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would be nice is Carnival had a ship stationed in NYC year-round for 10 days cruises to the Caribbean and 7 days cruised to Bermuda. You'd get more Canadians and folks from the NE cruising if they did so, because we could drive to the port and avoid the expense of flights. Less flights = more cruise money!

Carnival have a poor commercial set up in the UK. Yes their cruises are packaged and advertised through some travel companies such as Virgin and Trailfinders.

However there is no advertising as such through the media, in the same way that RCI,P&O, and Celebrity do.

That being said we got hooked into them via a Timeshare deal, which served us well. Our last few Carnival sailings however have mostly been in the Med on the new ships, just as we are doing this year

The same goes for Denmark. Canival has absolutely no advertising in Denmark. Most people here will know RCI, MSC, Costa, HAL and Norwegian. I came across Carnival when I was searching for cruises out of Galveston.

My son and I will be going on Breeze this December and I can't imagine that we will run into any other Danes or Scandinavian people. We did when we were on a RCI cruise out of Miami, but Galveston isn't known as a cruise port in Denmark.

I picked Galveston as I want to combine our cruise with some days in the Houston area as I have live there 23 years ago when I was a young girl. I know that my son would like there to be other Danes but I don't travel to meet people from my own country so it suits me just fine 😉

...and they are also American citizens. :)

You are right but they are not from the USA which is what the OP asked.

From Google:

Is Puerto Rico a U.S. State?

No, Puerto Rico is not a state, but rather a Commonwealth of the United States.