Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

The biggest problem is that all the orange coating gets scrapped off by the time they get to the bottom of the hill.

they would be uneatable either way though going down the hill without a plastic sheet to protect them from getting dirty wouldn't they

Better than that mattress company that said " they stand behind their products".:rolleyes:

Lol. That was a telegram that was read at my wedding reception. Don't buy a bed from ......because they stand behind their product.

Lol. That was a telegram that was read at my wedding reception. Don't buy a bed from ......because they stand behind their product.

There was a period, (probably mid to late seventies I guess) where it was read at every wedding I went to.

Hi,

We are on a repositioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore. Unfortunately on this trip we won’t be going to New Zealand. However for 2018 we are considering a land tour there. Our son was over there a few years back for 8 weeks doing an extensive land tour and raved about it, so my DW and I want to go and see for ourselves how beautiful your country is.

As for Lingo, it is the same here. We visit London and also go to the US a lot, and it never fails me to find it strange that they find it hard to understand me whenever I speak and I have to slow it down big time. I blame the TV.

We sailed on Quantum last year from Dubai to Singapore and there were a lot of folks onboard from Australia. They were a great bunch who loved to party.

My wife and I are really looking forward to this trip very much. Not so much the flight but,….hey ho. We will survive.

See you onboard.

Yes, 70's. Showing OUR age [emoji6]

I was a bit young to be getting married in the 70s (held out till 81) but went to a lot of weddings for family and friends of family in that period.

I was a bit young to be getting married in the 70s (held out till 81) but went to a lot of weddings for family and friends of family in that period.

Are you saying I am old? Or older? Than who? [emoji4] I have many memories of the disco dancing era. My fondest memories.

Are you saying I am old? Or older? Than who? [emoji4] I have many memories of the disco dancing era. My fondest memories.

The disco era was late 70s / early 80's so you tell me if you're old. :D

Pillow chocolates were reintroduced on Celebrity ships last year after a hue and cry about them being removed. Not quite of the standard previously but reinstated none the less.

Re eating the Jaffas off Baldwin street. Many Jaffas don't make it too the bottom and those that don't are quickly grabbed by kids alongside and just as quickly eaten

Pillow chocolates were reintroduced on Celebrity ships last year after a hue and cry about them being removed. Not quite of the standard previously but reinstated none the less.

Over Christmas the pillow chocolates on Celebrity Solstice were Valrhona. Can't get much better than that!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Re eating the Jaffas off Baldwin street. Many Jaffas don't make it too the bottom and those that don't are quickly grabbed by kids alongside and just as quickly eaten

Edible or inedible, it is always a question of what someone's risk threshold is and/or how hungry they are.

Edible or inedible, it is always a question of what someone's risk threshold is and/or how hungry they are.

Kids don't believe in germs when there are free sweets to be had. :D

It's usually the parents that freak out. :eek:

I've heard that there's none in ship food either......

Only in the afternoon tea served in the buffet and the pina coladas during the evening show. The pina coladas served during the rest of the day are calorie free

Edited by Beanb41

Wildflower season is rapidly approaching Western Australia - we have more species, more displays, more of anything really that attracts thousands of overseas cruisers to Perth to see nature at it's best.

From late August through September you can and should visit to see this spectacle.

Even if only in Perth for one day - visit Kings Park - they have an amazing display of wild flowers from all regions of Western Australia.

You will be amazed, lost for words, stunned, dazzled, overwhelmed, astonished, at the display of colour and diversity of the flowers - and the coffee at the nearby shop is pretty good to.

See the attached photo of a patch of wild flowers we call "kangaroo paw"

I am going up to a National Park, in the bush, north of Perth, for a few days tomorrow to weed, fertilise and hand water a couple of acres of wildflower habitat to ensure it is in top condition for the season.

Yes, I have packed my fly net, dunny rolls and have sufficient liquid in cans to see me through. I'll report back when I get back if I come back.

In the meantime I am sure all our wonderful Aussie cc members will continue to provide our valued overseas cruisers with advice and tips to help with their visit to the downunder.

image.jpg.d7d189eed3a37fcc0bb5d310b73350d9.jpg

Edited by Bpos

Wildflower season is rapidly approaching Western Australia - we have more species, more displays, more of anything really that attracts thousands of overseas cruisers to Perth to see nature at it's best.

From late August through September you can and should visit to see this spectacle.

Even if only in Perth for one day - visit Kings Park - they have an amazing display of wild flowers from all regions of Western Australia.

You will be amazed, lost for words, stunned, dazzled, overwhelmed, astonished, at the display of colour and diversity of the flowers - and the coffee at the nearby shop is pretty good to.

See the attached photo of a patch of wild flowers we call "kangaroo paw"

I am going up to a National Park for a few days tomorrow to weed, fertilise and hand water a couple of acres of wildflower habitat to ensure it is in top condition for the season.

Yes, I have packed my fly net, dunny rolls and have sufficient liquid in cans to see me through. I'll report back when I get back if I come back.

In the meantime I am sure all our wonderfull Aussie cc members will continue to provide our valued overseas cruisers with advice and tips to help with their visit to the downunder.

Many years ago I was in "The Centre" when it rained, overnight the wild flowers came out, places that had been red and barren came to life with spectacular colour.

That was August/September