Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Okay, ya'll gotta stop. My sides hurt from laughing. So basically I need to wear a rain coat for the koala(not a bear) make sure to eat vegamite and wear bundy so I smell Aussie to deter drop bear, watch out for crocs, crocodile-pigs, wombats, and spiders under toilet seats....got it![emoji23][emoji3]

So here is my advice when in US since ya'll are being so helpful. Watch out for jackalopes, and chupacabre they are extremely dangerous if you aren't prepared with a shotgun. Also make sure you take the time to go snipe hunting one of Americans favorite pastimes right up there with giggin frogs.

Your Welcome [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Pretty much sums it up.

Okay, ya'll gotta stop. My sides hurt from laughing. So basically I need to wear a rain coat for the koala(not a bear) make sure to eat vegamite and wear bundy so I smell Aussie to deter drop bear, watch out for crocs, crocodile-pigs, wombats, and spiders under toilet seats....got it![emoji23][emoji3]

So here is my advice when in US since ya'll are being so helpful. Watch out for jackalopes, and chupacabre they are extremely dangerous if you aren't prepared with a shotgun. Also make sure you take the time to go snipe hunting one of Americans favorite pastimes right up there with giggin frogs.

Your Welcome [emoji57]

Let me assure you that we do indeed have Snipe shooting here in Australia, it occurs when they are completing their annual migration from Siberia to various locations in the southern state of Victoria.

As for "gigging frogs", we have some nice friendly frog cousins up in Queensland, and spreading elsewhere, that I'm sure would keep any gigger ecstatic with delight. We tend to play "Highway Hockey " with them, which is very amusing.:rolleyes::D

Your Welcome [emoji57]

And the spider under or on the toilet seat is a fair dinkum risk if you use an outside dunny, or even one at a truck stop etc.

And the spider under or on the toilet seat is a fair dinkum risk if you use an outside dunny, or even one at a truck stop etc.

Crocs are a fair dinkum threat in the North too. A lady found out just how serious the other day. Please if there are warnings about Crocs take them seriously.

Your Welcome [emoji57]

Don't worry, Australia almost has a 100% return rate for tourists.:p

Let me assure you that we do indeed have Snipe shooting here in Australia, it occurs when they are completing their annual migration from Siberia to various locations in the southern state of Victoria.

As for "gigging frogs", we have some nice friendly frog cousins up in Queensland, and spreading elsewhere, that I'm sure would keep any gigger ecstatic with delight. We tend to play "Highway Hockey " with them, which is very amusing.:rolleyes::D

It seems that every year a gang of Cane toads come down into NSW and have a raiding party on a gang of Cockroaches. Beware, one such raid happened just last week.:eek:

Crocs are a fair dinkum threat in the North too. A lady found out just how serious the other day. Please if there are warnings about Crocs take them seriously.
It was unusual that she was taken, they normally target international tourists.:confused:

And to those visiting the Great Barrier Reef they can take a tour out on the boat to stand on the infamous spot (sandbank) where Lara Bingle aka Mrs Sam Worthington aka Male Blue Avatar character shouted "Where the Bloody Hell are Ya"

Edited by icat2000

And to those visitin,g the Great Barrier Reef they can take a tour out on the boat to stand on the infamous spot (sandbank) where Lara Bingle aka Mrs Sam Worthington aka Male Blue Avatar character shouted "Where the Bloody Hell are Ya"

Now that is a great tip for our overseas guests - you will not find that listed on Trip Advisor

Thank you to all my fellow Australian cruise critics who are posting in and confirming my factual reports.

A Cornflower on my roll call forum has called me a "fraud"

I am shattered and my wife has locked our liquor cabinet to prevent myself fom self harm

But she was a Kiwi!

I really am being serious now - this is supposed to be light hearted and educational thread and the recent real tragedy should be left alone - on this thread anyway.

Can I rely on all you wonderful sensible people to think about that please.

I really am being serious now - this is supposed to be light hearted and educational thread and the recent real tragedy should be left alone - on this thread anyway.

The only reason I mentioned it was the poster seemed to be taking Redbacks on the Toilet seat and Crocs in the same category as Drop Bears, and they're not, both are capable of being serious threats if you aren't careful.

Quite correct too. Just letting everyone know that up here the croc threat is real so don't go taking any stupid risks.....niw carry on with the banter!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Here is another important piece of safety advice for our valued overseas visitors who maybe intending to drive on Australian roads during their visit to this wonderful country.

You need to know that in Australia we drive on the right side of the road (think right hand side)

Often I hear an overseas tourist exclaim when picking up their hire car - quote Some bloody idiot has built this car with the steering wheel on the wrong side - I will have to ask for another car unquote. Honestly I hear this said every day.

Well unfortunately your request for another car will be denied as all cars will have the steering wheel on the right hand side.

And imagine the anxiety they might suffer when our overseas friends, who are not aware of our driving rules, go the wrong way up on a one way street on the wrong side?

So visitors please be aware of our quaint ways of driving, acquaint yourself with our road code before you come and have a safe and happy trip downunder.

This is why I publish these tips for the enrichment and safety of our overseas cruisers - it would be unAustralian to do otherwise

Edited by Bpos
spelling

Here is another important piece of safety advice for our valued overseas visitors who maybe intending to drive on Australian roads during their visit to this wonderful country.

You need to know that in Australia we drive on the right side of the road (think right hand side)

Often I hear an overseas tourist exclaim when picking up their hire car - quote Some bloody idiot has built this car with the steering wheel on the wrong side - I will have to ask for another car unquote. Honestly I hear this said every day.

Well unfortunately your request for another car will be denied as all cars will have the steering wheel on the right hand side.

And imagine the anxiety they might suffer when our overseas friends, who are not aware of our driving rules, go the wrong way up on a one way street on the wrong side?

So visitors please be aware of our quaint ways of driving, acquaint yourself with our road code before you come and have a safe and happy trip downunder.

This is why I publish these tips for the enrichment and safety of our overseas cruisers - it would be unAustralian to do otherwise

No wonder every bugger toots me, I drive on the left side of the road,misting in the right hand seat of the car:eek::eek:.

My goodness I have a senior's moment.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IN AUSTRALIA WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD (not as I posted above)

My goodness I have a senior's moment.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IN AUSTRALIA WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD (not as I posted above)

No you said it entirely correctly.

Aus and Kiwis drive on the right side of the road, which happens to be the left hand side.

No wonder every bugger toots me, I drive on the left side of the road, misting in the right hand seat of the car :eek: :eek:.

What is this "misting" of which you speak gut? :confused:

Is it only allowed in RH car seats?

What have I been missing, is it a form of "play misty for me" on the old eight track, cassette player, RCA in-car phonograph on board that Stutz Bearcat of yours?

Does Mrs gut still have to walk out front of the vehicle waving a red flag? :eek:

Cheers r

:cool:

Thank you to all my fellow Australian cruise critics who are posting in and confirming my factual reports.

A Cornflower on my roll call forum has called me a "fraud"

I am shattered and my wife has locked our liquor cabinet to prevent myself fom self harm

Why is she punishing you for the other persons remark.:confused:

Edit: Deleted this remark from your memories as it has been requested by the OP.

Oh my self censorship by request, my crocodile tears will surely flow... :p

Telepathically update me instead micC. as I missed it. ;)

Cheers r

:cool: