Freedom of the seas question

Hi,

We will be departing the Freedom of the seas in Port Canaveral on 10/9/16. Normally we sail on Princess. They offer a deal where you put your luggage out the night before and you don't see it again until you get to your home airport. I think Princess calls if ez check and it's $20 per person. Does anyone know if it may be offered on this cruise???

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

We will be departing the Freedom of the seas in Port Canaveral on 10/9/16. Normally we sail on Princess. They offer a deal where you put your luggage out the night before and you don't see it again until you get to your home airport. I think Princess calls if ez check and it's $20 per person. Does anyone know if it may be offered on this cruise???

Thanks

Dan

Yes, it is called "luggage valet" and is available for most airlines.

I've used the Luggage Valet on Freedom of the Seas and it was fantastic! It's available for flights departing after noon. No hassle! Highly recommended.

Thanks.... unfortunately our flight leaves at 11:25.

I know on Princess one time they still allowed us to use the service when our flight was earlier than what they said it had to be after....

Hi,

Thanks

Dan

Yes it is we just did it today..,praying my luggage makes it home

Yes it is we just did it today..,praying my luggage makes it home

I'm sure it will - ours always has. The service just delivers it to the airport from the pier where it is checked in as usual by the airlines. It will be waiting for you at baggage claim at your home airport. As long as your flight number is correct there should not be any issue.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It will be waiting for you at baggage claim at your home airport. As long as your flight number is correct there should not be any issue.

Yes! Not only did our bags make it, but a few times when we've gotten to baggage claim area, our bags were already off of the carousel and set aside for us. I highly recommend using this service.

Thanks.... unfortunately our flight leaves at 11:25.

I know on Princess one time they still allowed us to use the service when our flight was earlier than what they said it had to be after....

Speak to Guest Services, they have been known to get the airline to agree to a slightly earlier flight.

Speak to Guest Services, they have been known to get the airline to agree to a slightly earlier flight.

That's what I am hoping.

Also hoping the time is 11 and not noon.

I sent Royal an email asking...

Thanks for your replies

It depends on the port. Since Freedom is out of Port Canaveral and the airport (Orlando) is a fair distance away, the departure threshold is a bit later than it is at the ports where the airport is close by.

It's a great service if you can make it work.

I thought I read it was for flights after 11.......

Our flight is at 11:45......

Those links don't show the time of the flights.

You're on Oasis so your flight out of FLL would have to leave after 11:30am. If you were flying out of MCO, the time would be after 12:00pm. For anyone else reading this, Southwest has a late cut-off of 6:00pm but they've let us participate with a 6:20pm flight. I'm not sure how they would handle a flight that was a few minutes before early cut-off.