Explore 4

Adoremus

We booked a cruise while the Anniversary sale has been going on -- and we didn't qualify for it. It was for a cruise in 2017 and they claimed it was that it could only be for cruises in 2016.

I found that if you were on HAL's Anniversary Sale page and clicked on the desired market, i.e., Europe or the Caribbean, the calendar drop-down in the search function only opened through the months they were including in the promo. If you used the search function on HAL's home page it would bring up everything. The terms and conditions page for the sale is very specific as to sail dates.

Good news - You have time to watch and see what prices and promos will be offered on your cruise. Bad news - If you booked a high-demand cruise in prime season you may be getting as good a deal as there is going to be other than TA discounts/perks.

Edited by blizzardboy

We booked a cruise while the Anniversary sale has been going on -- and we didn't qualify for it. It was for a cruise in 2017 and they claimed it was that it could only be for cruises in 2016.

Recieved an email on Saturday evening 'Mariner Cruise News: Ship enhancements etc...'. One of the news items was 'Anniversary Sale Extended', so I clicked the link and selected 'Europe' and reserved a Med Cruise for this Autumn that had the Anniversary Sale offer. However, when the Confirmation email arrived there was no OBC.

Today I phoned HAL (UK) and was told that the email was sent in error to UK Mariners (I didn't go into the geo-political argument that Ireland is not part of the UK..:mad:).

That was it - Sorry, you cant have the offer, as you should not have received the email!:mad::mad:

Recieved an email on Saturday evening 'Mariner Cruise News: Ship enhancements etc...'. One of the news items was 'Anniversary Sale Extended', so I clicked the link and selected 'Europe' and reserved a Med Cruise for this Autumn that had the Anniversary Sale offer. However, when the Confirmation email arrived there was no OBC.

Today I phoned HAL (UK) and was told that the email was sent in error to UK Mariners (I didn't go into the geo-political argument that Ireland is not part of the UK..:mad:).

That was it - Sorry, you cant have the offer, as you should not have received the email!:mad::mad:

I believe I would try to fight that. It seems only right that they stand by their emails even if they were sent out incorrectly. Why should you have to pay for their error?

If they don't provide you the promotion as advertised in their email, then you have the option to cancel. Actually, I did that once when Explore4 came out the first time. I then rebooked the same cruise with another TA and got the promotion because it was a new booking. It sounds like that won't help with your situation, though.

If you do choose to fight it, then please post here and let us know the result. Good Luck!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I'm guessing that at some point they will follow Celebrity and NCL's lead and offer a set of benefits to choose from. Stateroom type will determine how many can be selected.

I really hope so. This is a very attractive feature for us with Celebrity. It appeals to those who want the bev. pkg, and options for those who don't - win/win.

I've booked cruise with HAL agent including anniversary benefits. The agent alluded that other perks might open up later in the season. Would they let me combine the two specials?

Probably not but you can try. Usually you'll have to give up the first promotion to get the second. You really have to decide if the second promotion is worth the loss of the first promo.

Isn't the current Anniversary Sale better than Explore4 unless one is a big drinker? Currently there is a $100 beverage card [enough for DH and I to have our typical one drink per day or so] and free grats. I would prefer the free grats to a drink package even though technically the drink package is "worth" considerably more if one paid out of pocket. Also, the current sale is for inside staterooms as well whilst Explore4 is not.

I found that if you were on HAL's Anniversary Sale page and clicked on the desired market, i.e., Europe or the Caribbean, the calendar drop-down in the search function only opened through the months they were including in the promo. If you used the search function on HAL's home page it would bring up everything. The terms and conditions page for the sale is very specific as to sail dates.

Good news - You have time to watch and see what prices and promos will be offered on your cruise. Bad news - If you booked a high-demand cruise in prime season you may be getting as good a deal as there is going to be other than TA discounts/perks.

I booked under Explore 4 and at final payment switched to Anniversary Sale. Saved me about $1000 per person and matched us better. For any promotion you have to figure out the value to YOU. Each person finds some things more enticing than others. I did not loose my cabin or anything else I valued. My TA took care of it. I have had as many as 3 different promos in the year between booking and boarding.

I booked under Explore 4 and at final payment switched to Anniversary Sale. Saved me about $1000 per person and matched us better. For any promotion you have to figure out the value to YOU. Each person finds some things more enticing than others. I did not loose my cabin or anything else I valued. My TA took care of it. I have had as many as 3 different promos in the year between booking and boarding.

I see you are on the Rotterdam from Rotterdam to Boston! We are so honored that HAL chose to base their flagship here. Unfortunately we won't be able to sail her this year and it's likely a one-off thing. Enjoy your trip. If you've never been to Iceland, brace yourself as it's GORGEOUS! I've been twice on land trips and would go back in a heartbeat.

I see you are on the Rotterdam from Rotterdam to Boston! We are so honored that HAL chose to base their flagship here. Unfortunately we won't be able to sail her this year and it's likely a one-off thing. Enjoy your trip. If you've never been to Iceland, brace yourself as it's GORGEOUS! I've been twice on land trips and would go back in a heartbeat.

Rotterdam is doing an 18 night Viking Passage cruise July 15, 2017 Rotterdam to Boston. We've already booked our cabins!

Isn't the current Anniversary Sale better than Explore4 unless one is a big drinker? Currently there is a $100 beverage card [enough for DH and I to have our typical one drink per day or so] and free grats. I would prefer the free grats to a drink package even though technically the drink package is "worth" considerably more if one paid out of pocket. Also, the current sale is for inside staterooms as well whilst Explore4 is not.

I would agree that the Anniversary Sale is a good one. However, it doesn't seem to have any 2017 Caribbean dates included in the promo. I do like the reduced or free 3/4 passenger and the reduced deposits, but the we love the drink package. I love the luxury of specialty coffees and teas, colourful drinks by the pool, wine with dinner, specialty coffees again before bed.....without ever having to think about the cost. I guess I just want it all!

Probably not but you can try. Usually you'll have to give up the first promotion to get the second. You really have to decide if the second promotion is worth the loss of the first promo.

When we booked Zuiderdam last year under with Explore4, it was also during the CLIA Plan a Cruise month which offered an additional $300 OBC (for our cabin category) which was combined with Explore4. That was probably an exceptional situation though because as you say, it's kind of rare to get two really worthwhile promo's combined.

Edited by joepeka

When we booked Zuiderdam last year under with Explore4, it was also during the CLIA Plan a Cruise month which offered an additional $300 OBC (for our cabin category) which was combined with Explore4. That was probably an exceptional situation though because as you say, it's kind of rare to get two really worthwhile promo's combined.

Yes, I believe the CLIA was combinable with other promotions. Most promos aren't combinable, in my experience.

We are currently booked under the Anniversary sale for a Caribbean cruise in November. When I talked to a HAL rep, he alluded to the Explore 4 being back before our final payment is due in early September. I'm hoping we can switch promotions. We aren't big drinkers but I agree, it's nice to have a specialty coffee, soda, etc. without thinking about a final bill. I'm hoping Explore 4 isn't only for 2017 cruises.