Celebrity constellation bed bugs really?

belli2006

ok I know we should believe all we read but people on this board are saying bed bugs in the cabins on the constellation

who can confirm this? ewwwwwww:eek:

Would it be asking too much for you to provide details or links to the source information for which you are making this claim or wanting confirmation of information you've read about?

In all fairness to the rest of us it seems like the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Would it be asking too much for you to provide details or links to the source information for which you are making this claim or wanting confirmation of information you've read about?

its was read on cruise critic so I called just now and spoke to celebrity and they told me they heard of that report a few weeks ago... omg im sailing on her sept 8 and is asking for a brand new mattress too much?

its was read on cruise critic so I called just now and spoke to celebrity and they told me they heard of that report a few weeks ago... omg im sailing on her sept 8 and is asking for a brand new mattress too much?

If you read what you said you did here on Cruise critic, you should be able to provide the link to the article or forum thread so that we can go and evaluate the information for ourselves.

Regarding a new mattress… Yeah, probably too much to ask for or expect. Celebrity is in the business of keeping passengers on the cruise ship and making them happy. If this is true, I can imagine Celebrity will do everything they can to rectify the situation immediately.

is asking for a brand new mattress too much?

If bed bugs *just* lived on beds this would make dealing with infestations so much easier. However, while they can visit you in bed they can live in cracks in walls, behind headboards, in furniture, etc...

---

I did find a short youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DsPIInHr0

that had no picture of the bed bug although promised and was listed Category "Comedy' from March 22.

Don't know who chooses the Category.

---

It's a big ship. Even if bed bugs were confirmed in one room - and if they were I'm sure Celebrity would have acted - I'd only be concerned if in an adjoining/above/below room.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

Well, the bedbugs must have eaten him and his party alive. After saying he would post a picture of them AND let the world know what transpired with the head housekeeper, nothing more was heard about it from him.

Incidentally, who is to not say that the youtube poster did not pick up bed bugs while off ship and brought them back???

So I wonder where the OP got this information? I have done a search here on CC to no avail to gain this info.

Maybe the yourtube poster was trying to scam X into a no charge cruise or something, who knows for sure. Yet I hope the OP returns with more definitive info and direction as to where this was seen for further evaluation as vulcan1971 pointed out.

bon voyage

While Cruise Critic provides a valuable service,we as readers/posters have a certain responsibility also.Before we post a "rumor" we should have a responsibility to check out our source,much like a journalist should,before they elect to post new story that can effect many people or a company.please be prepared to be fair to your fellow cruisers as well as the cruise line.In other words-what is your source,reliability,etc.?This is not to say that such info is incorrect-but lets trust and verify.What is the source?Is it accurate?

While bed bugs are no picnic, it might surprise some people that they can be transferred to your luggage on a plane or from an infested hotel room. It really isn't fair to make a claim that they are on or picked up on a ship....as they really can come from a number of different places.

While they can try to keep them under control, and they do a good job at that, I cannot see them replacing the mattress in 'your' room especially if they are found on an entirely different part of the ship.

You called Celebrity and a phone rep confirmed a report of bed bugs on a ship?...to you? I guess anything is possible.

To the OP, You're sailing on September 8 and you're worried about this now?

And what exactly did the rep confirm, that there is a problem or that they had heard that there was a report on Cruise Critic a few weeks ago?

Sorry, but I think you are making much ado about nothing.

Here you go

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=534230

I just read the guy's review, and he says he woke up every morning with "bites." My understanding is that bedbug bites leave little spots of blood on the sheets, and it's something people usually mention when describing a bedbug situation.

Of course, there are other biting insects out there, including fleas, which can infest a cabin. But "bites" alone are not necessarily a sign of bedbugs.

Even so, I'm in Europe now about to board the Constellation. I wish I had a spray bottle of permithrin to spray around all the edges and corners of the room.

Op seems fairly new to cruisecritic...so perhaps not aware that citing sources is important...I read op's limited

posts..perhaps a new /nervous cruiser too..

Have had bed bug issues twice on land....once at a famous hotel....another at a motel near Disney Fl...bites are a nuisance..happy no critters came home..we akways check the beds and use a spray...there are many threads on topic so no need to repeat here...

Hi Everyone,

As the OP is new to Cruise Critic, and has not provided any supporting information to their allegation, nor have they returned since posting.... I'm closing this thread.

Note to OP : If you have any information to support your allegation, feel free to contact me at the email address below, and we will consider re-opening this thread.

Thanks again for your understanding and participation.

Edited by Host Andy