Crab Shack Platter @ The Mast Grill - Solstice Alaska

need2cruisesoon

Is this cooked separately at the mast grill? Or I assume they cook the crab cakes with the French fries. I hope not. We lost bistro on five and now I hate to lose the mast grill. Both my child and my husband are allergic to crab so I am not happy reading this.

Or does this replace the burgers at the mast grill during the hours since it says cover charge.

Edited by RCKM43

Is this cooked separately at the mast grill? Or I assume they cook the crab cakes with the French fries. I hope not. We lost bistro on five and now I hate to lose the mast grill. Both my child and my husband are allergic to crab so I am not happy reading this.

Or does this replace the burgers at the mast grill during the hours since it says cover charge.

Its cooked right along side the burgers and fries.....cover charge is just like any other charge there say for a beer, just sign the paper

Great so we will be losing both bistro and no burgers or fries at lunch for my child or husband. We had planned to eat at the grill for lunch (we always do bistro for lunch on embarkation day) because it us less crowded the first day. With two in our party with crab allergies (as well as shellfish) will be kind of disappointing. My kids eat very little kid void, but like the fries or burgers for lunch.

Its cooked right along side the burgers and fries.....cover charge is just like any other charge there say for a beer, just sign the paper

Very disappointing. Oh well. Does anyone have a shellfish allergy? I assume it is too new to know if they would make a burger and fries separately? Otherwise we will lose another dining venue.

Great so we will be losing both bistro and no burgers or fries at lunch for my child or husband. We had planned to eat at the grill for lunch (we always do bistro for lunch on embarkation day) because it us less crowded the first day. With two in our party with crab allergies (as well as shellfish) will be kind of disappointing. My kids eat very little kid void, but like the fries or burgers for lunch.

We were on the Solstice in Australia in Feburary & they had kangaroo at the Mast Grill, regular menu was still there the kangaroo burgers were an option. Im betting this is an option on Alaska sailings. IMHO offering itinerary specific options is a nice touch!

We were on the Solstice in Australia in Feburary & they had kangaroo at the Mast Grill, regular menu was still there the kangaroo burgers were an option. Im betting this is an option on Alaska sailings. IMHO offering itinerary specific options is a nice touch!

Yes, we are on an Alaska sailing. While a nice touch, wish they offered it at say the regular buffet, at sushi on 5 or the porch where you can avoid that one section as we normally do with shellfish at the buffet. But when at the grill, which is where many families and adults grab food it makes it so that the fries and burgers kids usually eat no longer an option. I know that we can't be the only shellfish allergy around as many commented on the sushi on 5 thread about their allergy. FYI, I happen to enjoy both sushi, as well as crab, but I don't take any chances when traveling with my husband or one of my kids. So it becomes a place we have to skip. I only eat those items when dining with friends.

Have you registered the allergies with the special concerns people? They handle the disability issues, and food allergies are considered a disability.

My guess is that if you get on board and find an assistant Matre'D, they will find you a chef to make a burger and fries in the allergy kitchen for those who have a shellfish allergy.

My DD has a number of food allergies, and when we board, they always manage to take awesome care of her. This last year, they even made her special crepes from scratch because the mix they use had an allergen in it. Her meal was delayed, but hers was better than anyone else's at the table!

I agree, this will be a special offering for the Alaska itineraries.

I really like the idea of 'local' specialities being offered. It would be even nicer if one evening per cruise they were offered as a 'real meal' in the MDR, Blu and Luminae...

Very disappointing. Oh well. Does anyone have a shellfish allergy? I assume it is too new to know if they would make a burger and fries separately? Otherwise we will lose another dining venue.

I do. Something I acquired later in life. Bummer. Loved Shrimp.

There are crab cakes and then you have breaded cakes! By the looks of the pics I would guess you are getting more breading and fish than crab!

I was thinking the same thing. For $25 that does not look like a quality crab cake but more like breading with some crab inside of it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk