Eggs Benedict still on Maasdam?

cvpends

The Eggs Benedict on the Lido are one of the reasons I sail HAL. I will be so disappointed if they do away with them. I will not be happy with the ones in the dining room, because I want the crab, salmon, spinach, etc, and the fresh sauce.

Has the Lido Marketplace been introduced on the Maasdam?

When we were on the NA in December, eggs benny was still available in the Lido Marketplace. It was in a different station than normal (forgive me, I can't remember which one only that it was towards the end) and the six varieties of eggs benny previously offered were reduced to two.

The "classic" style must be, but probably not the variations formerly available in all Lidos.

Better than nothing! On Princess, they usually only have eggs benedict at breakfast in the MDR once a week, and I always seem to miss it, probably because it falls on an early port day. I used to see it a couple of times a week in the buffet, but it's not the same if it's been sitting under a heat lamp, and I haven't seen it the last couple of years at all. Sometimes I try asking for it in the MDR when it's not on the menu. Sometimes they manage to make it, and other times they say No. Eggs Benedict is my absolute favorite breakfast, and I was really looking forward to it on this cruise. I don't even care about all the variations, just want some eggs benedict!!

Maybe this is a result of HAL's move to the use of bulk pasteurized eggs instead of "real" eggs. You can make omelettes easily enough, but poached eggs might be more difficult. Still, as you can apparently continue to order omelettes made with eggs in their shell, you'd think that they could accommodate we lovers of eggs benedict.

Maybe this is a result of HAL's move to the use of bulk pasteurized eggs instead of "real" eggs. You can make omelettes easily enough, but poached eggs might be more difficult. Still, as you can apparently continue to order omelettes made with eggs in their shell, you'd think that they could accommodate we lovers of eggs benedict.

I can see this in my mind. "Two poached eggs, please, with a toasted English muffin, a side of smoked salmon and a side of Hollandaise sauce" and then building our breakfast at the table :)

I can see this in my mind. "Two poached eggs, please, with a toasted English muffin, a side of smoked salmon and a side of Hollandaise sauce" and then building our breakfast at the table :)

LOL. Love your thinking! :)

The addition of eggs benedict in the Lido was one of the best things HAL has come up with. Deleting it would be a BIG mistake. I hope that someone in the Seattle office will not make an executive decision that is to the detriment of HAL. Pulling the Sea View pool from the Veendam and the Rotterdam was one of their biggest.

Perhaps they will follow their new Market Place formula and only offer pre-made eggs benedict that are wrapped in paper and kept under a hot light :) HAL is trying to become more and more like a Horn and Hardart Automat .... now they only need to install those special windows (where you can open the doors by swiping your cruise card (for a price plus 18% gratutity).

Hank

P.S. Did you know that HAL pancakes make great frisbees or skeet targets?

Edited by Hlitner

Funny

No, what is funny is trying to get a BLT on toast...in the Market Place. Or perhaps just plain tuna on rye. But seriously, DW and I will both miss the Lido sandwich station....which was often our favorite lunch on HAL.

Hank

What was the Jack Nickelson movie where he ordered the sandwich and had everything held as he wanted plain toast? Like the inverse method!

... and here's a YouTube link to the chicken salad sandwich clip from "Five Easy Pieces":
... I hope you enjoy it as much as I do every time I watch it!!!

This was the movie that taught me how to order :D