Please help regarding loyalty points

I have done 1 princess cruise, 2 carnival cruises, and 6 P&O cruises.

These were to the pacific islands and in Australia.

Can someone tell me please which of these cruise lines that I can add my cruise nights together to move up a level.

Thank you

I have done 1 princess cruise, 2 carnival cruises, and 6 P&O cruises.

These were to the pacific islands and in Australia.

Can someone tell me please which of these cruise lines that I can add my cruise nights together to move up a level.

Thank you

Which cruise line "club" are you trying to move up a level in? If its Princess then I think all of the cruises will count towards your Captain's Club level and I'm assuming would make you Platinum. (Princess and P&O definitely count but I've never cruised Carnival so can't say for sure...)

As you have completed your first Princess cruise you would automatically be a Captain's Club member. If you don't have the membership number just phone Princess and ask for it. Then you can set up an online login and from there you should see all of your cruises listed under your profile. Make sure they are correct, and get Princess to add any that are missing. The system will automatically calculate your cruise nights/credits and assign you to your membership level.

The perks for a Platinum member on Princess have reasonable value, like free internet minutes and priority boarding etc.

I don't think P&O have a similar club, and I know nothing about Carnival, sorry.

These are the Platinum perks:

Platinum Member Benefits - From your 6th to 15th cruise, or 51 to 150 cruise days

Includes all Ruby Member benefits plus:

Complimentary Cruise Atlas^

Our Princess Cruise Atlas will provide you with details on all itineraries and sailings for the year so that you will be able to easily plan ahead! Please call the following numbers to request your complimentary Cruise Atlas. Australian Members call 1300 300 528. New Zealand Members call 0800 444 786.

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Disembarkation Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum Members to use the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Credit#

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain’s Circle!

Exclusive Phone Line

Enjoy an exclusive shoreside phone number for contact to the Circle Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Circle-related questions you may have.

Edited by mum and son

Thanks

I was looking on carnival website it only shows my 2 carnival cruises.

I was wondering if all three cruise lines will link together.

I will look at the princess website.

Was planning to cruise princess or another carnival once I reached platinum.

My next cruise I've booked is in august with P&O which will give me another 11 points.

Thanks

I was looking on carnival website it only shows my 2 carnival cruises.

I was wondering if all three cruise lines will link together.

I will look at the princess website.

Was planning to cruise princess or another carnival once I reached platinum.

My next cruise I've booked is in august with P&O which will give me another 11 points.

p&o count towards princess but carnival dont

on your next princess cruise you will be platinum but you only get the free internet and priority boarding but better than what you get with p&o

I have got to ask this question. Are you posters certain that P & O cruises count towards Princess cruises - that is news to me. I am aware that very old P & O cruises did but I am not aware that current P & O cruises do. I'm not arguing but we need to be sure our facts are correct.:)

Quoted from the Cruise History section of the Princess website:

"Your total Princess Credits and total Princess Days may include cruises with P&O Australia or P&O UK. Please refer to your Membership Benefits Guide or contact the Captain’s Circle Desk if you have questions regarding your cruise history, please contact 13 24 88 or email captainscircle@princesscruises.com.au ."

Thanks for that.

I checked with princess and they have us on platinum having cruised 49 nights combined with princess and P&O Australia.

My next 11 night cruise in August not added to that yet so that will bump it up to 60 nights :)

The other thing is its showing my husbands name not mine.

I done same cruises but what happens if I cruise without him in future ?

Edited by taffy62

Thanks for that.

I checked with princess and they have us on platinum having cruised 49 nights combined with princess and P&O Australia.

My next 11 night cruise in August not added to that yet so that will bump it up to 60 nights :)

Well you end up with more cruise credits and days than him if you are equal now.

For example

Solo you get 2 cruise credits for one cruise, three if in a suite through Princess

Twin share you get 1 cruise credit per cruise per person.

Edited by icat2000

I have got to ask this question. Are you posters certain that P & O cruises count towards Princess cruises - that is news to me. I am aware that very old P & O cruises did but I am not aware that current P & O cruises do. I'm not arguing but we need to be sure our facts are correct.:)

I cruised on P&O's Pacific Aria in March and it was credited to my Princess Captain's Circle automatically when I returned.

Edited by mum and son

Thanks for that.

Are you referring to the online login? You should both have separate membership numbers (usually the same digits but one ends in A and the other ends in B).

It seems that the Princess system can only handle a single email address being used for only one person... so if you're both registered with the same email address it will find the person with the "A" membership code first... and Princess seems to always think the male gets to be the "A" membership code. I had the same issue with the login for my parents. They both use the same email address and I can only log into my dad's account online, because he's the membership number with the "A" at the end.

On a side note, I am single and travel with my son on most cruises, and Princess kindly decided to make him the "A" code and me the "B" code. This is despite the fact that he was only 9y.o. when we first acquired our Princess membership numbers. I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it :cool:. I'm the adult and I pay for the cruises so I should be the "A" membership, not my underage son! Unrelated rant over :eek:.

But even that's its his name showing on the thing. God forbid if anything happened to him I will still keep my 49 points?

We both have the same number with the letters "A" and "B" after the number to indicate Husband and Wife.

As posted if you want to see your status on line you will need a separate email account. If you share one then the 'A lister' gets the information shown, even though you have your own account with its own status. I handle most of our bookings and have provided another email account that I use for DH so that I can keep track of things. The info could be sent to his own account but I am not sure he wouldn't delete it as junk without reading it first :eek: :o

Thanks for all your help guys :)

I will check my 'B' :)

If you both use the same email address you won't be able to view both memberships online. If that's the case a quick call to Princess will let you check your account at any time. :)

Yes, they certainly do count. We have had our old and more recent cruises on P&O added to our Princess count (number of days and Cruises) .

Edited by MicCanberra

Thanks for that.

Good result.

Get them to credit your membership and he will drag along with you on your status if higher than his.

My wife reached Platinum one cruise earlier than I did due to her having an extra cruise accredited to her.

Edited by MicCanberra

Well you end up with more cruise credits and days than him if you are equal now.

For example

Solo you get 2 cruise credits for one cruise, three if in a suite through Princess

Twin share you get 1 cruise credit per cruise per person.

If you travel solo on P&O you only get 1 cruise credit towards your Captain's Circle rather than the 2 you would get solo with Princess. Handy to know if you are trying to get those last couple of credits to reach Elite.

cheers

Stu

If you travel solo on P&O you only get 1 cruise credit towards your Captain's Circle rather than the 2 you would get solo with Princess. Handy to know if you are trying to get those last couple of credits to reach Elite.

cheers

Stu

My posting was in relation to credits earned on Princess cruises. I think the PO ones are a bonus too. It was very easy for me to get to Elite I found travelling solo with various lines :D

Edited by icat2000