St. Kitts Excursions

Without a doubt take the catamaran to Nevis. We did it while on the Serenade in February and it was an absolutely wonderful day.

Is this a cruise line excursion, or did you arrange it privately?

I booked through the ship for Fort Brimstone and Romney Manor and really enjoyed going to both locations. Very different and unique sites; not so much like your typical caribbean tourist traps.

It would be helpful if you would give us some idea of what your interests are. If you're into active excursions, I can recommend the zipline. It is a private company, but must be booked through the ship. We had a fantastic time on it.

Next time around I plan to do an island tour, but I doubt it will be the train. I like to wander around and do a bit of discovery on my own and will probably book something that includes the fort.

I'm intrigued by the concept of a hop over to Nevis, but I'm not really the catamaran type (too sedate) so I'm not likely to book anything for Nevis unless I can score a "go fast" boat.

Is this a cruise line excursion, or did you arrange it privately?

It was a cruise line excursion. The one we took allowed us a stop to snorkel and then we continued on to the beach. It also came with alcoholic punch and lunch.. Hope this helps.

Patti

The "Catamaran Sail to Nevis" and the "Scenic Railway" are both good ones. :)

Doesn't RCCL have an excursion where you take the train outbound and come back via a catamaran?

R&D

PS: We really enjoyed the train!

We do a beach day and take a taxi to Carambola. Been there twice. First time took a tour thru Thenford Gray (private tour) and got a tour of island then at beach 3 hours. Last time we just took a taxi. You can google and then email and reserve day beds or beach chairs. (Make sure it's Carambola on St Kitts)It can get very full. It is one of my very favorite breaches! Nice lunch food - I like to eat on beach and not take time in restaurant. Very nice and clean restrooms!

ImageUploadedByForums1466228505.249099.jpg.b97332d752aed0f6a5acbb51f7edd0e9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1466228533.667588.jpg.8445147211720cb0b69c84deb31173b9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1466228627.604727.jpg.9244c03cc49a592ea1a7dd6fb2fe319b.jpg

We did "Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea to Nevis with Snorkel" Had a wonderful time. Great day. After snorkeling we beached at Nevis for over an hour. The set up lounges with umbrellas and a free bar for us. There is also a bar/restaurant at the beach if interested, but lunch was served on the Catamaran. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Doesn't RCCL have an excursion where you take the train outbound and come back via a catamaran?

R&D

PS: We really enjoyed the train!

On Princess we took the train and went back by sailing catamaran.

There were two Scenic Railway excursions offered -- one back by catamaran -- the other back by bus.

RCCL probably offers the same thing.

LuLu

• 1 month later...
On Princess we took the train and went back by sailing catamaran.

There were two Scenic Railway excursions offered -- one back by catamaran -- the other back by bus.

RCCL probably offers the same thing.

LuLu

Yep ... RC does offer the train and catamaran as a package ... they call it the Scenic Rail & Sail. We've got it booked for our Nov Anthem cruise.