No Lobster on Serenade.

mek

Huh? What about our kids?? Mine love bananas, so why should they go without. We pay enough for our cruises you would think Royal could afford to top up the fruit larder on a regular basis! I'm not having my kids starve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yea they will starve without bananas. Seriously what's your regular screen name? Clearly this one was just made to try to stir the pot.

We just returned from a wonderful 11 night cruise to Norway on Serenade. I'm still recovering from jet lag and will write a review in a few days, but I wanted to let those of you who are sailing on Serenade this summer know that we didn't have lobster in the MDR and were told that they wouldn't be serving lobster on any of the European itineraries. They also ran out of grapefruit and bananas half way through the cruise. Life goes on, but I know some people really look forward to lobster, so a heads up.

We also did not have lobster ( on Serenade) last year on a cruise from Dubai to Istanbul. No big deal, in fact we had FANTASTIC lamb, prawns, alligator and kangaroo. Didn't miss the lobster one bit! I don't recall them running out of anything for the 14 night cruise.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise

M

We just returned from a wonderful 11 night cruise to Norway on Serenade. I'm still recovering from jet lag and will write a review in a few days, but I wanted to let those of you who are sailing on Serenade this summer know that we didn't have lobster in the MDR and were told that they wouldn't be serving lobster on any of the European itineraries. They also ran out of grapefruit and bananas half way through the cruise. Life goes on, but I know some people really look forward to lobster, so a heads up.

Interesting about the lobster, but more interesting that they ran out of fruit - they pretty know how much to bring aboard for each cruise.

I was also on this sailing. IMO, the lobster was the least of the MDR issues. We only ate there 5 nights and on 2 of the 5, I sent entrees back twice. I honestly think my 10 year old granddaughter can prepare better meals. We opted to purchase the five meals specialty dining package for $100 each and the sixth specialty dinner was a gift from our TA.

As for the running out of bananas and grapefruit, they also ran out of cantaloupe and honey dew melons. I overheard one on the Windjammer Supervisors tell another guest, the Executive chef ordered provisions for a 7 night sailing instead of 11. If that is true, that's inexcusable.

We were on the Serenade's Maiden Transatlantic in September 2003. This was our 7th RCI sailing with the last one being in 2013 and chose this sailing strictly for the "once a year itinerary". They certainly have cut a lot of corners in numerous areas since our then.

:) I had to google what you meant by 30 count shrimp :) We love giant prawns (shrimp in your language!) Hope you tried some. We have kilos and kilos at christmas time and Costco here sells them in 5 kilo (10 pound) packs. There are queues to get them!

http://loadedtrolley.com.au/seafood-at-costco-australia/

Agree, giant prawns are delicious and truly large 5-6 count and occasionally larger. The ones on the ship were what I would put in a smallish shrimp cocktail.

That is because of who was primarily traveling on that sailing. Did you notice there were other changes also...such as English bacon? I had to ask for American Bacon to get that. My DH loves English bacon so he really enjoyed that they offered that.

No English bacon - just American.

I was also on this sailing. IMO, the lobster was the least of the MDR issues. We only ate there 5 nights and on 2 of the 5, I sent entrees back twice. I honestly think my 10 year old granddaughter can prepare better meals. We opted to purchase the five meals specialty dining package for $100 each and the sixth specialty dinner was a gift from our TA.

As for the running out of bananas and grapefruit, they also ran out of cantaloupe and honey dew melons. I overheard one on the Windjammer Supervisors tell another guest, the Executive chef ordered provisions for a 7 night sailing instead of 11. If that is true, that's inexcusable.

We were on the Serenade's Maiden Transatlantic in September 2003. This was our 7th RCI sailing with the last one being in 2013 and chose this sailing strictly for the "once a year itinerary". They certainly have cut a lot of corners in numerous areas since our then.

I was on Serenade in April in the Caribbean, so I knew what to expect in the MDR. I have been on three RCI cruises since November and the food is definitely not what made me go on this cruise - like you, it was all about the itinerary, which was wonderful. I wish I could go to the speciality restaurants, but it is simply too much food and is just a waste for us to go and only eat a very small potion of what is offered.

Edited by mek

Lol yea they will starve without bananas. Seriously what's your regular screen name? Clearly this one was just made to try to stir the pot.

I think this one has had several, especially when school is out

for the summer. :rolleyes:

That sucks if you like/enjoy lobster.

Looking forward to your review once you recover from your jet lag.

There was none on the Serenade on last falls Canada to Florida "snowbird migration" cruise either.

We were on the Snowbird Migration cruise and did enjoy lobster in the MDR. It was the same night as the Mystery Dinner.