Majestic Princess/ Deployment 2017

RT10

Hi all,

My family of fifteen people plans to sail on a Princess ship to Asia in summer of 2017. We were very interested in the Majestic Princess, but the itineraries have not been released. Does anyone have any ideas when the itineraries will be released, as where they'd go?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear: we were planning to sail during July or August in 2017. They haven't been released on the Princess website.

I believe they will only be available to the Chinese market.

Why do you think it will only be for the Chinese market?

Because the ship will likely be chartered by various Chinese travel agencies which will be responsible for selling the cabins. Princess will not be selling the cabins and USA travel agents cannot sell the cabins.

The Princess e-mail which pointed to the link I gave in post #2 was titled "Don't miss your only chance to sail on our new ship" which tells me that we have no chance to sail on it after the cruises listed in that post.

Okay then. Do you think there is any chance that the itineraries will be released not just to Chinese travel agencies? If we can't book aboard Majestic, we'll go to Royal Caribbean (Quantum or Ovarion). Very disappointed at Princess :(

Okay then. Do you think there is any chance that the itineraries will be released not just to Chinese travel agencies? If we can't book aboard Majestic, we'll go to Royal Caribbean (Quantum or Ovarion). Very disappointed at Princess :(

I wouldn't think so as Majestic Princess was solely built for the purpose of serving the Chinese market. The few med cruises and repo cruises is an opportunity for other markets to experience the ship.

I would expect them to market the ship and itineraries to other than China. They do with other Asian itineraries. Hope so anyway as we were thinking of trying it depending on how reviews from Westerners turnout. Of course that's if it is marketed over here :confused:

Since the intention is to only market these sailings in China, it is likely that the food and language on the ship will be Chinese.

Per Princess:

Most activities, entertainment and services are in English while signs and crew members are bilingual English and Chinese.

Enjoy new food and dining options, with expanded selections from, China, Southeast Asia and around the world that complement our signature cusine.

Sing karaoke with friends in a private suite and more

on the Princess UK website we can book from the first cruise in April up to early summer in the Med.

In one of our new newspapers yesterday there was a Travel Agent`s advert for a 26 night trip at the end of June including 2 nights in Singapore, board Majestic, Bangkok, Ho Chi Min City, Xiamen, Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Shanghai, with two nights at the end. The price is very good for a new ship.

Edited by caber

Per Princess:

Most activities, entertainment and services are in English while signs and crew members are bilingual English and Chinese.

Enjoy new food and dining options, with expanded selections from, China, Southeast Asia and around the world that complement our signature cusine.

Sing karaoke with friends in a private suite and more

I received the same description in an email promotion for the Majestic's Med & repositioning cruises.

While the signs are bilingual, I think the description of most activities, entertainment & services being in English would only apply to these cruises. I haven't researched it however based on posts apparently the Majestic will be like the Sapohire & only marketed in China.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I received the same description in an email promotion for the Majestic's Med & repositioning cruises.

I haven't researched it however based on posts apparently the Majestic will be like the Sapohire & only marketed in China.

I'm confused about the comment that the Sapphire is only marketed in China. I just went into the Princess website and it would let me book any of their cruises. I randomly picked a date in early 2018. Am I missing something?

Edited by justducky21

I'm confused about the comment that the Sapphire is only marketed in China. I just went into the Princess website and it would let me book any of their cruises. I randomly picked a date in early 2018. Am I missing something?

I have read posts stating the Sapphire sometimes does not show available on the Princess USA site because she's chartered to China agencies.

That's good that you were able to see some available cruises but not being interested in Asian cruises I'm not very knowledgable about the booking procedure. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

Also received the email from Princess about the 2 cruises on the Majestic. From what I was told on my last Princess cruise the Majestic will for now at least only be for the Asian market except for the repositioning cruise and one other Asian cruise.

Yeah. The period from now until November 2017.

At a Captain's Circle event on the May 12 Baltic cruise, a senior VP from Princess indicated that the Mediterranean cruises in spring 2017 were our opportunity to try the Majestic Princess before it moves permanently to the Chinese market. It did not sound like this ship would be marketed to the rest of the world once it is permanently located in Asia.

You might like to have a look at what Princess has to offer for Asian cruises on the Diamond Princess.

While I am not familiar with Royal Caribbean Cruises, I can't compare but I am going on my sixth cruise on the Diamond (in Asia) and I have always been very glad that I chose that ship. :)

I don't think that it is a coincidence that the Sapphire sailings that are bookable are those that are after Majesty starts to sail. As Majesty becomes "China only", Sapphire will likely open up to the rest of the world again, (though still sail in Asia). It appears that it is not Princess' intent to make both ships "unbookable".