Did it bother past travelers not having access to the queens rooms

kllychpmn

Not in the least. There is only one restaurant for Queens Grill and one for Princess. As far as I know there is only one bar. On QE these are located in an area that you don't pass by anyway (have to have a special key card to go in the lift). 130 days on QE and I never felt "left out".

I have been in all of the available restaurants on the QM2 from Britannia up to Queens Grill, and I paid accordingly. During the times that I'm in Britannia, which certainly are the most numerous, I have never felt slighted. To have access to the extra space was not something which I paid for, and it was clear from the start that I would not have access to it. Honestly, I don't even think about it.

Yea I'm not worried about getting something for free . I did however read a review where a couple felt slighted . I doubt I will have an issue but it's always better to ask . I can imagine walking by a place everyday for three and four weeks thinking well that would be nice . I just read the review where Mr knight mention how rough the Pacific gets , I have heard cruisers can expect a rough day or two between calfornia and hawaii but I can't say I would look forward to much more . am I worrying to much

Just off the QM2 and it never bothered us not having access. I don't think we even noticed where they were. There were too many other places for us to enjoy.

Not the old chestnut rearing it's ugly head again. Shown me a Cruise Line these days where there are no special areas or extra amenities for those guests who are prepared to pay extra for them.

However, returning back to your original question the answer is No.

On Cunard Line across the fleet there are only two (rather small) restaurants and an adjacent bar (which only comes alive for about an hour or two for pre dinner cocktails) that is reserved for those guests in the Grill suites ( no different from Celebrity, who by the way have now taken the lead from Cunard)

Incidentally the majority of those guests in the suites prefer to use the Bars/Pubic Rooms & Open Deck areas that are available to all other guests.

It's not the topic of conversation amongst us seasoned Cunarders and no one even notices it. We are far too busy enjoying each others company regardless of what stateroom we've paid for.

Yea I'm not worried about getting something for free . I did however read a review where a couple felt slighted . I doubt I will have an issue but it's always better to ask . I can imagine walking by a place everyday for three and four weeks thinking well that would be nice . I just read the review where Mr knight mention how rough the Pacific gets , I have heard cruisers can expect a rough day or two between calfornia and hawaii but I can't say I would look forward to much more . am I worrying to much

Have never felt slighted;the only time I thought of it was maybe if I walked past the entrance to their dining area.

It's like being on a plane - economy passengers don't get to use Business or First. Those who felt slighted in their review must be very 'precious' IMO. There are so many places to visit onboard, they must have been looking for something to complain about.:):)

We are looking at 2 longer cruises on the queen Elizabeth and wont be able to indulge in a suite . Have past travelers felt slighted because the couldnt use all the bars and restaurants
Hi kllychpmn,

Great question :) .

For myself, over quite a few crossings and cruises on four Cunard ships... Not once. Never.

My elderly parents, before their first Cunard cruise, were very apprehensive about there being large parts of the ship "off limits" to them (as Britannia grade passengers) as they had read and heard about in the distant past.

Afterwards they told me that they hadn't noticed that they hadn't been everywhere on board. They felt they had the run of the entire ship.

They said that, as they wandered about, used bars, lifts/elevators, pools, theatre, library, spa etc... that they "had no idea what grade of cabin" their fellow passengers were in. There was "no way of telling".

A few years back on one crossing (I had booked a "reasonablly priced" (read cheap!) cabin), I met and chatted with a married couple regularly as part of a Golden Lion pub trivia quiz team. Only on the last day discovered that they were in a Duplex Suite, one of the very grandest on board.

I would estimate that 95% of the public spaces on board are open to all.

Please put such (understandable) thoughts out of your mind, relax and have the very best of times on board :)

Edited by pepperrn

The ship is so huge, the very small areas which are 'off limits' are relatively tiny. Indeed, the best locations are open to all....

You really want to see class restrictions, try one of the big NCL ships with their "Haven" areas. Same thing on the larger MSC ships with their "Yacht Club"

Ok folks I'm convinced and thanks a bunch now tell me about the transpacific crossings as I will be doing it twice . For me it's not a huge concern I'm an ex avid sailed and fisherman . but here in California the seas are at their calmest in winter and I wouldn't have thought that the South Pacific was angriest in the summer so what's to skinny do I line the wife head to toe with patches or am I again over thinking it

You really want to see class restrictions, try one of the big NCL ships with their "Haven" areas. Same thing on the larger MSC ships with their "Yacht Club"

Keith is right on. And Imho, The Commodore Club is one of the nicest spaces on the ship and heck, they even let me in.:eek::D

Pokey restaurant and pokey lounge bar - what's there to miss :eek::eek:

(safety helmet on stand by !)

Certainly a pokey lounge bar, very few Grill guests bother using it, most prefer the atmosphere of the Commodore Bar or the Chart Room. ;)

The extra space that Grills passengers get has never made me feel excluded. Considering how much more Grills passengers pay, I don't begrudge them a little separate space. I agree with Bell Boy, the "class system" of Cunard is an old chestnut. I've met people who have never sailed with Cunard and swear they never will because of the "class system."

The great thing about the reality (as opposed to perception) of Cunard is that nobody cares what your cabin grade is when you're out and about. You could be in an inside Britannia cabin and sit in the Chart Room or Commodore Club with someone who's in a Queens Grill suite and have a lovely conversation with no discussion of who "lives" where.

We are looking at 2 longer cruises on the queen Elizabeth and wont be able to indulge in a suite . Have past travelers felt slighted because the couldnt use all the bars and restaurants

I think most people chose the grills because they want a larger cabin and a smaller, quieter dining room. Excluding others is not the goal. I know for me for drinks and entertainment I prefer a large friendly group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you went to a ball game with tickets for the stands, would you feel upset that you couldn't sit in the box seats? You could have paid for box seats but didn't. It's the same thing onboard ship.