Game of Thrones Watch Party Oasis OTS

Ok, so we leave this Saturday 6/25 on the Oasis. The question is, how do I watch the last episode of Game of Thrones Season 6 on Sunday night? Does anyone know if the ship has watch parties. I am thinking about streaming it on the new Zoom internet and hoping I can talk a crew member to let me plug my tablet into a large tv in one of lounges or bars. Any ideas or past experience?

Edited by morecruisin2245

Streaming will be your only way to watch it, you can ask about hooking up to a public TV, but there might be legal issues with that, I'm not sure where/if HBO draws the line on personal viewing vs commercial. I know you wouldn't be getting money from people to see the episode, but it could be a fine line if HBO wants to argue that Royal made money off of drink sales or something while streaming the episode. An unlikely scenario, but Royal may err on the side of caution.

Ahh didn't think of the legal side of things, but I do have a final plan. Stream to tablet on HBO Go, use pocket projector and shoot video on a white wall, lots of those on the pool deck. Bluetooth speaker for sound. If anyone happens to be looking over my shoulder, I didn't know they were there !!!

Ahh didn't think of the legal side of things, but I do have a final plan. Stream to tablet on HBO Go, use pocket projector and shoot video on a white wall, lots of those on the pool deck. Bluetooth speaker for sound. If anyone happens to be looking over my shoulder, I didn't know they were there !!!

One word, TV-MA :eek:

Good luck with that :rolleyes:

#GOT

no way in hell would that fly. I love GoT and have no problems with the violence and nudity and other VERY ADULT themes. but in no way whatsoever would it be appropriate to just blithely project it on a wall on a public pool deck, let alone the family one.

wait until you get home and watch it .

no way in hell would that fly. I love GoT and have no problems with the violence and nudity and other VERY ADULT themes. but in no way whatsoever would it be appropriate to just blithely project it on a wall on a public pool deck, let alone the family one.

wait until you get home and watch it .

I agree completely. In your cabin or wait till you get home.

Another thought - see if one of the conference rooms are available. I know for certain that a couple do have a/v hookups for a laptop, in ceiling projector and a big screen . . . Private party? Catered? Contact the group coordinator once onboard . . . . .

Bring your own cables, to be safe.

Edited by sf2

Another thought - see if one of the conference rooms are available. I know for certain that a couple do have a/v hookups for a laptop, in ceiling projector and a big screen . . . Private party? Catered? Contact the group coordinator once onboard . . . . .

Bring your own cables, to be safe.

I was actually thinking about this too. It wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure you're not the only on-board who would want to watch it. Good luck and let us know what happens. :)

Showing it to others in a non-personal use setting would be an unlicensed public performance and would be very much against copyright. Just don't get your hopes too high ....

Exactly - I worked for an attorney some years ago who made quite a nice living going after bars that streamed PPV boxing matches.

Showing it to others for non-personal use might not be legal if it's in a bar or similar setting but having people watch it with you in your room is no different than having friends over to watch it with you in your home. I'd find some people to watch it with & see who has a suite then hook up to their TV with HBO GO & voilà, GoT party! [emoji2][emoji106]