Carnival Baloney Guaranteed vs Ocean View Guarantee

brettus1963

G'day

I'm a first time Cruiser & I am '1-click' away from booking a 9 day cruise on Carnival Legend ex Sydney and tossing up between a Baloney Guaranteed vs Ocean View Guarantee.

I'm loving the idea of a balcony, but I'm wondering if the $400 difference between both is worth it.

cheers

I won't sail in anything less than a balcony. Other people will swear you are never in the room so you don't need to spend the money, but for us a morning is not the same if not spent sitting on your balcony with a cup of coffee and a pastry or an evening drink watching the sun set. I spend a lot of time in the cabin and on our balcony. $400 for a 9 day cruise is well worth the better cabin for us.

G'day

I'm a first time Cruiser & I am '1-click' away from booking a 9 day cruise on Carnival Legend ex Sydney and tossing up between a Baloney Guaranteed vs Ocean View Guarantee.

I'm loving the idea of a balcony, but I'm wondering if the $400 difference between both is worth it.

cheers

I don't see a question. I see two statements.

Also don't understand how I can help you define "worth it". "Worth it" is so subjective from each individual.

However, if your asking for an opinion or for help understanding what the differences are,, Ocean View? There is only a window in your cabin to the outside world and that window does not open. Balcony? Has doors that open so you can stand at your railing and watch the sea go by and smell the fresh air.

It's a personal choice and really depends what your onboard plans include. We've done both inside and balcony. We find we just don't spend that much time in our cabin; exception being when we got upgraded to an aft wrap around.... even then, depending upon sun and time of day, it was too hot and bright to use at certain times.

We've decided to go back interior on the next cruise, and put the difference into a VIP excursion.

Points to consider

*The balconies are NOT very big. 2 chairs and small table, and that takes up almost the entire space.

*Do you prefer to be in public domain? we really enjoy people watching and making small talk with fellow passengers and crew.

*Do you plan on using pools, spa, Serenity deck, etc. on sea day? Or prefer to read a book in peace on your balcony?

Either way, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time.

G'day

cheers

We are "conditional" balcony people.....that means that if we can book a balcony for $100/day or less, then we are balcony people. :D

If not, an oceanview keeps mama happy as she likes to be able to see outside.

Carnival Baloney. I thought this was going to be a complaint thread.

I thought that....or possibly a new menu item. :D

Edited by thinfool

As another poster stated, "worth it" is subjective and entirely depends on your feelings. For us, no question about it, yes, we would go for the balcony but we spend a lot of time out there, some folks don't.

For 9 days I would say its worth it. My husband and I love balcony cabins. Like to run out there when coming into port..watch the tenders..have a cocktail..use our binoculars to see the ships at night. I think everyone that says they dont spend much time in their cabin, dont because they dont have a balcony. LOL

Myself, I am not into getting all dressed to go up on deck to look out when I can do it from my room :D

G'day, sorry my question was 'vague' (LOL).

It's my first cruise and I'm going to be sailing on my own.

I think my underlying concerns are being 'enclosed' in the cabin/room, be it an Ocean View or Interior Cabin, so hence the 'vague' question.

I love the idea of the balcony for fresh air and not feel 'enclosed' as well as somewhere to chill out.

As a side question, do the Interior Rooms have TV webcam streams from the ship to mimic a window?

I'm jumping onto this thread rather than starting a new one with a similar question.

Traveling with my dh and 18yo and 16yo sons. The kids don't need a balcony but all your comments here have convinced me that I need one; I have a hard time with crowds and could use a place for quiet time.

My question: Can we book one room with and one without and have them somewhat near each other? Or will we be really far apart?

Traveling on Norwegian Dawn.

TIA

I'm jumping onto this thread rather than starting a new one with a similar question.

Traveling with my dh and 18yo and 16yo sons. The kids don't need a balcony but all your comments here have convinced me that I need one; I have a hard time with crowds and could use a place for quiet time.

My question: Can we book one room with and one without and have them somewhat near each other? Or will we be really far apart?

TIA

Those are your choices. If the cabins are available for booking they can be across the hall, side by side, adjoining.

It's all about what you are willing to pay and how important being nearby is to you.

I'd opt for the mortadella over the baloney.

Damn auto-correct! (...and that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :)) haha!

I was wondering about the food references.

btw I ended up booking a balcony....

Edited by brettus1963

TIA

The big issue is how far in advance you book, because if you're booking late, you may not have a choice of where your cabins are located. Also, cruise lines have a rule that if people under the age of 21 are booked in a cabin, they must have someone 21 or older in the cabin with them (you can get around that by booking one parent and one child in each cabin, and then switching once you get on board). Some lines will allow kids alone in a cabin as long as their cabin is directly across the hall or right next door to the parents. But, you really don't want your kid's cabin far from you for a number of reasons, especially if there's an emergency.