What do you think of the Magic ?

thesawch

Thinking on going on the Magic in a Feb 2017. Just wondering what people think of it. Haven't been on a Carnival ship since 2013 and never on one of the bigger ones , thanks in advance from Canada

We booked the Magic for October 2017. She seems to be a popular ship. This will be the largest ship for us too. There are several reviews. Be sure to look for newer ones as the Magic just had a dry dock I believe in March.

I just got off her June 18th. It was one of my 2 favorite carnival ships. After dry dock it's probably my first pick. I have sailed her 5 times now. It's in the dream class ship and the third one built after the first two and learning from their "mistakes". The ship is beautiful. With the new addition after dry dock it certainly worth flying or driving too to cruise on. I loved the service n everyone we had contact with and by far, one of the best cruise director you'll ever have! Dr. E as he is called, is awesome!! Definitely try the magic!!

We went on the Magic for the first time in May of this year (2016) from Port Canaveral. Prior to this, the Breeze was our favorite ship followed by the Glory and the Conquest. Well, the Magic has moved to the top spot. To back that up, our next 12 cruises (3 B2Bs) are on the Glory, Magic, and Conquest.

Keep in mind, there is no perfect ship. It really depends on what you like to see and do on your cruises. For us, these 3 ships meet out needs and expectations. So, I recommend them to anyone who asks, but only your expectations will determine what ship you like best.

If you read people's reviews, look for the ones that address their likes and dislikes. Then weigh those against your expectations. I do not write reviews because my tastes are not necessarily the benchmark for cruising. So all I can say about any ship is that they meet or don't meet my expectations. THe only way you will really know is try it. How bad can a vacation of cruising on a great ship be?

Like the decor of Breeze the best, but enjoyed our cruise on Magic better overall. Breeze was a close second. Everything was just better on the Magic for whatever reason.

Won't sail any other carnival ships until we can try Vista but fully expect Vista won't top the Breeze of Magic due to the rather lame Thermal suite (s) so we won't go our usual Spa cabins.

Magic had better dining room waiters - we were in a section where they were all excited about a new dance they were performing for the first time one night of our cruise. The MDR food seemed consistently better, too. Chef's table on Magic is fantastic! Spa is super nice. I didn't even mind the buffet with the active stations. The ship is beautifully decorated.

Thinking on going on the Magic in a Feb 2017. Just wondering what people think of it. Haven't been on a Carnival ship since 2013 and never on one of the bigger ones , thanks in advance from Canada

I usually sail the Conquest class ships, but I tried the Magic twice last fall. Immediately became my favorite Carnival ship. It has since gotten a few upgrades, so even better now I hear. The major negative was having the seaport so far from the airport. I guess that'll still be a negative being based in Canaveral.

There were lots of food venues (now with upgraded BBQ outside on deck 5) and I found it easy to move around without major traffic jams.

Magic will probably stay my fav Carnival ship until I sail the Vista in a few months.

We just got back, LOVED the ship. The Guys BBQ is freaking AWESOME. Bad thing is it's only open on sea days. The line is LONG but moves really fast. Wish it was on more ships other than the Vista and Magic. [emoji20]

We just cruised the Magic on June 4. It's my favorite ship so far! We never had to wait in long lines and it honestly never felt real crowded to me. We also love, love Dr E the cruise director. Not sure we can cruise again unless he's the cruise director!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Breeze in April, and we booked Magic for next April. The Lido was DEF busy on sea days, but we could usually get a seat or 2. I think the most frequent "too crowded" issue we had was for dive-in movies. And Pizza line after the first movie. We are super excited for the Magic!!

We cruised on the Magic in May. The cruise director, Dr. E, is hilarious. We laughed so much during the welcome aboard show. He also managed to add fun to the muster drill. I enjoyed the ship but I've liked all the ships except the fantasy class. My only real complaint was always a wait for pizza (about 20minutes the two times I actually waited for it). Most of the time I would just grab something different so that I could eat with the family. Our room steward was great (I Wayan). We had anytime dining and had a great dining team the first night so requested him each night (Phituk). This was also the only ship I've been on that had the balloon drop (9 CCL cruises). The kids loved it. The décor of the ship was really pretty. Overall we had a great cruise.

I thoroughly enjoyed this ship. That is why we are going for two weeks on her. The layout is great!

I am booked on the Magic for November (Aruba itinerary). I've gone online and looked at a bunch of videos of the interior and it looks very pretty..a lot of green. Reminds me of the emerald city from the Wizard of Oz.:)

I've been on the Breeze and really liked the blueprint which will be similar for the Magic. The one and only thing I don't like is that deck 5's public outside decking protrudes out, and those on deck 6 balconies are a bit too close to all that noise, etc. When we booked, only deck 6 and deck 9 balcony cabins were available. Deck 9 cabins were all under the Lido, so that was a no go for us. For deck 6, I chose forward (we are over the backstage area of the main theater) in order to avoid that "protrusion". Will see what happens for noise level from the main theater.

Anyways, I've NEVER had a bad cruise on Carnival or any other cruise line. I'm looking forward to sailing on the Magic:)

I just got off her June 18th. It was one of my 2 favorite carnival ships. After dry dock it's probably my first pick. I have sailed her 5 times now. It's in the dream class ship and the third one built after the first two and learning from their "mistakes". The ship is beautiful. With the new addition after dry dock it certainly worth flying or driving too to cruise on. I loved the service n everyone we had contact with and by far, one of the best cruise director you'll ever have! Dr. E as he is called, is awesome!! Definitely try the magic!!

Small correction, the Magic is the 2nd of the Dream Class ships and she is a wonderful ship at that. Granted she was brand new, her 1st sailing out of Barcelona when we cruised on the Magic 5 years ago. She is still our favorite ship.

Just got off today! You really can't have a bad time on the ship unless you're sick LOL the food issues mentioned above were true. Long lines for pizza and barbecue.

My favorite part of the entire ship was having a cove balcony. Nothing like being that close to the water

The adult shows can be quite dirty. We are by no means prudish, and love adult humor. There was comedian, we and several other folks walked out on. He even tried to joke off about people leaving and he was cursing people who were leaving.