Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

That would be great! We are sailing on princess in March and its so wierd going from status to being considered a first time cruiser. Would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgment.

I am all for that as well, sailing princess in nov for the first time

I am all for that as well, sailing princess in nov for the first time

We are Diamond on Carnival and have done 2 cruises on Princess and 2 more booked.

Princess is kind of like Carnival was say 10 years ago. Strange going from Diamond to Rookie but still had an awesome time.

There should DEFINITELY be a tier between Platinum and Diamond. That is a HUGE gap between 75 and 200 days :(

We have been Platinum for a looooong time. We achieved it under the old plan (10+ cruises) but were 100+ days when they revamped it, so we did earn it. However, we just sailed our Milestone cruise and are only at 151 days. We have a 7 nt. in July, a 7 nt. in January, an 11 nt. in April and a 7 nt. in Jan 2018, but that will STILL only get us to 183 days !!!

I will remain upbeat about this and hope that many of you are correct that they are adding the "plus" categories. We were a cruise or two away when the switched to 75 days for Platinum and now purposely booked a short cruise in October so we would get Platinum in December. IF, and again, I am not judging, they snatch Platinum again from me, Princess will be my line of choice.

There should DEFINITELY be a tier between Platinum and Diamond. That is a HUGE gap between 75 and 200 days :(

We have been Platinum for a looooong time. We achieved it under the old plan (10+ cruises) but were 100+ days when they revamped it, so we did earn it. However, we just sailed our Milestone cruise and are only at 151 days. We have a 7 nt. in July, a 7 nt. in January, an 11 nt. in April and a 7 nt. in Jan 2018, but that will STILL only get us to 183 days !!!

I agree with you, there is to big a gap. We are at 125 days but will never make it to Diamond.:(:(:(

No matter what the announcement is, someone will complain.

Carnival could say that they're going to give everyone a bag of gold bars as they board the ship and someone would complain that there's no one there to carry it to their cabin for them.

Exactly.

Not everyone lives next to a port. I don't. I can drive close to 10 hours to get to Galveston or I have to get a flight. 11 flights for 2 is around 12k extra for flight costs. And no I'm not saying that home location of the traveler should mean anything, I'm saying 75 days is harder to get to for those that don't live near a port.

Yes it is! On one hand I'm thankful I don't live near a port (budget!), but on the other hand I wish I lived closer to a port! HA!

No matter what the announcement is, someone will complain.

Carnival could say that they're going to give everyone a bag of gold bars as they board the ship and someone would complain that there's no one there to carry it to their cabin for them.

Carnival wouldn't do that. Too much liability. Someone could drop the bag on their foot and then sue Carnival.

A bag of cotton balls maybe, but not gold bars.

I agree with you, there is to big a gap. We are at 125 days but will never make it to Diamond.:(:(:(

Yep - that us TOO!!

We just got off the Pride on Sunday even with the Breeze booked in September will be only be at 113 days with Carnival. We might make it to a Milestone cruise - but, with the current program I don't see us ever getting to Diamond. :o

Edited by happy cruzin

Well don't feel bad about that, we'll never make it to Diamond on Carnival. There's no reason for us to. I've never seen any sales going on with Carnival like free gratuities, free beverage package, big OBC. We get all of those on Princess. I think the only time we'll cruise on Carnival is if it's an offer we can't refuse. In hindsight, we should have cruised with Princess to Alaska in May. The only reason why we didn't was because we had already been on the Princess ships offered in Alaska, and we had never been on the Legend. The Legend experience was a deal breaker for us. :cool:

I just hope they announce it ASAP....so much speculation and negativity until actual announcement is made won't change anything and will just drive people nuts.

I agree!!

I have a feeling the "discussion" is not really a "discussion" JH wouldn't announce something that would stir up this much chatter unless they already have it in place but are waiting for am appropriate time(Like a Friday afternoon so no one sees it in the news) to announce it.

Our 9/16 cruise will be our first platinum and I'm looking forward to packing lighter with the free laundry. It took us almost 7 yrs to reach Platinum and would hate to lose anything now.

Edited by topspin1267

My opinion- only- it SHOULD be difficult to get Diamond, to keep the percentages of people low and the perks what they are. You start lowering qualifications- it waters down the "specialness" of the achievement. It's interesting the complainers, that think there should be some short cuts for them to get Diamond, since they have cruises booked, it took them years to get what they currently have, they are so loyal etc etc. Then cruise MORE, the only way to get the numbers. Ok, here come the, I don't live near a port, I don't have the money, I don't get the vacation time , we do land vacations etc etc.

Doesn't matter- if you don't meet the standards, why would you think, you should get it?

Add to the mix, the reports of just booking any old cruise to get the numbers up?? You've got to be kidding? Settling for a so so cruise, that isn't really what you want- costs time and money. Why not just plan cruises you want? All over the boards are money complaints and those looking for reduced deposits, (which is beyond me), claims, they have to "save" a long time, more etc.

Flame away.

My opinion- only- it SHOULD be difficult to get Diamond, to keep the percentages of people low and the perks what they are. You start lowering qualifications- it waters down the "specialness" of the achievement. It's interesting the complainers, that think there should be some short cuts for them to get Diamond, since they have cruises booked, it took them years to get what they currently have, they are so loyal etc etc. Then cruise MORE, the only way to get the numbers. Ok, here come the, I don't live near a port, I don't have the money, I don't get the vacation time , we do land vacations etc etc.

Doesn't matter- if you don't meet the standards, why would you think, you should get it?

Add to the mix, the reports of just booking any old cruise to get the numbers up?? You've got to be kidding? Settling for a so so cruise, that isn't really what you want- costs time and money. Why not just plan cruises you want? All over the boards are money complaints and those looking for reduced deposits, (which is beyond me), claims, they have to "save" a long time, more etc.

Flame away.

I agree in terms of the money complaints. So sick of hearing it. I dont live near a port and need to travel to every cruise I take. Thats part of choosing a cruise vacation. The point of loyalty programs are exclusive rewards should not come easy. It should only come to those who spent a lot of time and MONEY with a company. That said, I disagree on keeping diamond perks as is. I am not close (after the vista I will have around 110 days) but I started cruising in 2011 and will get Diamond in the next five or so years. That said, when I do get it I expect a lot more than the current perks. Will I change lines due to a lack of perks, hell no, but for my loyalty and dollar spend compared to competition it would be nice to be treated equally. Changing the current perks (as they are minimal) should not be on the table. Adding some additional levels and improving diamond is what should be done. But this is Carnival so I am expecting a devaluation.

Flame away.

I don't want shortcuts to anything. I want the status/benefits that I have already earned.

I do meet the standards for Platinum as of right now. All I am asking is that Carnival upholds their end of the deal.

I wouldn't book a cruise just to simply get closer to status if it's not a cruise that I wanted to go on. Don't care about reduced deposits - it's all the same in the end and sometimes I don't want to be tied down with ES stipulations.

Some people do save for a long time to cruise and if they do it's none of my business. I don't pay their bills so what they do with their money is up to them.

This post may or may not have been directed in part to me since I guess I would be considered "a complainer" although I wouldn't really call myself that. I think of my attitude towards this topic right now as more "guarded" or "less than optimistic". Again, all we can do is speculate as of now until the details are released.

To those who are questioning booking a cruise to reach a status, there can be merit in that. We chose a 4 day to Canada because of that bonus - at least I hope it will still work! The upgrade to Platinum now slated for Dec was a factor in choosing to cruise in October, rather than take a couple of long weekends in the summer. So it's not that we are spending money that we don't have or taking a vacation we don't want. This is just the choice we made with that as a factor. Hope that clarifies for some reason.