Coastal kitchen

Hi fellow Cruisers: can anyone advise how crowded the coastal Kitchen has been for dinner on the 1st or 2nd. night. On Allure next and thought that many would be using the 2 for 1 on the specialty restaurants the first two nights and coastal might be less crowded. Thanks in advance for any info. Bob

Hi fellow Cruisers: can anyone advise how crowded the coastal Kitchen has been for dinner on the 1st or 2nd. night. On Allure next and thought that many would be using the 2 for 1 on the specialty restaurants the first two nights and coastal might be less crowded. Thanks in advance for any info. Bob

Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class is a complimentary venue for full suites (JS too at dinner) and Pinnacle members.

Can't speak for Allure but on Oasis in Nov 2015 Coastal Kitchen didn't seem less crowded on nights 1 or 2.

On Allure now and we had the concierge book our times as he stated they fill up rather quickly with the new suites program.

I was curious if CK is being used more since it's now a named benefit, for dinner only, for those in a JS. If the CK Hostess is Karen.....please say hello from Sue and Jim. Would also like to know if CK on Allure is offering more menu choices. Rumor was there would be a different menu each evening. Enjoy Allure.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Sailed on the Allure May 29, 2016. This was our family cruise. Had a table for 11 people at 6:30 PM every evening. Never was that crowed at the time we dined. Finished dining around 8:15 PM every evening.

Also sailed on the Allure 01-03-2016 and the Oasis 04-09-2016. The two of us ate at 6:30 PM on both cruises. Both times the Coastal Kitchen was very busy.

...and is not available to non-suite guests.

Actually, they do allow a limited number of guests if the guests are accompanied by a full suite guest or Pinnacle member.

Edited by clarea

We are sailing the Oasis of the Seas after she arrives at Port Canaveral.

We will have the opportunity for the first time to try the Coastal Kitchen.

Are the menus posted outside the area just like the main dining room so we can know ahead of time what is for dinner that night?

We plan to make reservations on the day we board.

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

We are sailing the Oasis of the Seas after she arrives at Port Canaveral.

We will have the opportunity for the first time to try the Coastal Kitchen.

Are the menus posted outside the area just like the main dining room so we can know ahead of time what is for dinner that night?

We plan to make reservations on the day we board.

I don't recall seeing menus posted outside the area, however if you go inside and see the host/hostess, they can show you the two menus and tell you which day the menu switches.

We sailed on the Anthem the beginning of June and found Coastal Kitchen to be seldom crowded. Service and food were mediocre to great but we generally dine about 8:00-ish.

Swiss

I never had anything less than an excellent meal with peerless service.

Just left coastal about 830 and it was pretty quiet at that time. Probably had a busier early sitting as everyone probably wanted to catch the 8pm show of mama mia.

They are doing 2 different menus. Tonight was vineyard, nights 2 and 3 will be harvest, then back to the vineyard menu for night 4. Was explained they would be alternating the menu that way.

I am allergic to seafood so my wife and mom will be eating there for the next couple nights. My son and i will be eating in the mdr as there is nothing on the menu he would eat. The host did offer to book a table for 4 for the week even though only my wife and I are in the suite.

I never had anything less than an excellent meal with peerless service.

I felt the same last year on the Quantum. Sadly, it was not the same on Anthem for our cruise. There were numerous problems with reservations, etc. throughout the ship in the various specialty restaurants. Two nights in Coastal were wonderful, two nights were really below par (for them). It only seemed to involve dinner. Breakfast and lunch were wonderful, as was the service.

Something was off that entire cruise with dining reservations and it manifested itself in all the specialty restaurants, especially Chops. Still had a great cruise and I am confident they worked it all out for the following week.

Love that ship!

Swiss

I felt the same last year on the Quantum. Sadly, it was not the same on Anthem for our cruise. There were numerous problems with reservations, etc. throughout the ship in the various specialty restaurants. Two nights in Coastal were wonderful, two nights were really below par (for them). It only seemed to involve dinner. Breakfast and lunch were wonderful, as was the service.

Something was off that entire cruise with dining reservations and it manifested itself in all the specialty restaurants, especially Chops. Still had a great cruise and I am confident they worked it all out for the following week.

Love that ship!

Swiss

f869f6512b0d7187f4e475fc9aa7f250.png