Coffee cards

Sonatina1990

Yup, that's exactly what I mean, and thank you. The card is cheap enough that we can each get one and get full use of it (on a 15 day cruise), but it would have been great if we could just share one instead.

In general, I think baristas are accommodating on this point. The worst that can happen is that they punch your card for the second cup of brewed and you reassess things. But I don't think they will, in practice. Good customer relations and all that and gee whiz! It's a cup of coffee. Princess has a good sense of the Big Picture on that one.

On the Ruby last week they punched for brewed coffee using an unpunched , unsigned, "old" style card. Didn't matter as I enjoyed a large Americano espresso which my daughter taught me to drink since I like plain strong brewed coffee .

Maybe because it was an espresso?:confused:

Does anyone know if they serve any frozen coffee drinks similar to a Tim Horton's Ice Capp or a starbucks Frappucino? Not just iced coffee with ice cubes in it but an actual blended frozen coffee drink?

Thanks

Don

Does anyone know if they serve any frozen coffee drinks similar to a Tim Horton's Ice Capp or a starbucks Frappucino? Not just iced coffee with ice cubes in it but an actual blended frozen coffee drink?

Thanks

Don

One of my favorites after coming back from port excursions on a hot day. I just ask for iced expresso coffee with a shot of chocolate syrup and zap it in the blender. Or ask for a Mocha Frappucino - a lot of the baristas seem to know what that is. They are very accommodating, especially if it is not at a really busy time. Oh, and they also have the mixture to make white chocolate drinks, IIRC

Edited by bigenna

Whats the difference between the new and old coffee cards? I have a collection some started some not etc.........

They have a green stripe on the top saying "Premium Coffee Card" & are now called "New Grounds Crafted Coffee".

The coffee used is Boasi from Genoa, baristas attend a school to learn how to make coffee drinks and there are some new options on the IC's menu.

23833907011_14b4ef3cfa_z.jpg

23916400625_6471e901ab_z.jpg

image.jpg.10c4a9cf06c4ee88e0c94e98558d20ba.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks

Don

The Banoffee Blast is excellent!!

Thanks

Don

Vanilla Bean blend....thick, cold and so good:D

I was not allowed to use it on a subsequent cruise, different ship. It was written on the back. Others have said they could use it. In other words: YMMV.

Of all the posts I have read here about coffee cards,

your's are the only ones where unused punches were not

accepted on a subsequent cruise.

Please clarify this point......one should be able to use punches for say espresso on any sailing of any ship .......just not brewed coffee.

Have never had punches denied no matter how old the card was. Do not understand what upcounties problem was, unless he expected to get brewed coffee with an old card.

Have never had punches denied no matter how old the card was. Do not understand what upcounties problem was, unless he expected to get brewed coffee with an old card.

Not getting free unlimited brewed coffee would be my guess about their situation as I've never read about anyone being unable to use coffee card punches with old cards including the cards that looked like playing cards.

Maybe they had a barista who didn't know that they could use punches for specialty coffee or a cup of brewed coffee. It makes no sense that a punch could be used for more expensive specialty coffees but not for a less expensive cup of brewed coffee.

On Carnival you get free coffee, tea, milk, lemonade, hot chocolate.

On Princess you also get them for free (except for hot chocolate which used to have packets in the buffet) but if you want brewed or specialty coffees they have a fee

On the Royal-class ships they have free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the buffet. On other ships it's made from coffee concentrate which some are okay drinking but others prefer coffee made from ground coffee instead.

I recall reading that the Royal-class ships have free hot chocolate in the buffet but wish that Princess would replace all of their concentrated coffee machines with those using ground coffee.

I am new to princess and I am wondering if you can get a Iced coffee nothing fancy instead of hot coffee with the brew card. Does a regular coffee served over ice count as a punch on the card?

Based on the menu in post 31, there isn't anything listed with a fee for brewed coffee simply poured over ice which is probably the same as a cup of free brewed coffee during the cruise when the card is purchased & shouldn't require using a punch.

My wife does scrapbooking or quilting in empty areas in or around the buffet & doesn't want to go to the IC to have a cold coffee drink. She brings some chocolate syrup & coffee creamer on the cruise to pour over ice in a cup and gets the free buffet coffee to quickly have an iced coffee drink.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 month later...