I created a 'privacy curtain'

DH & I were rooming with a grand daughter (D1). I bought a fabric shower curtain ($8). Hubby enclosed each of 3 very strong magnets in heavy plastic (to prevent damage marks on ceiling). We then attached 'S' hooks and hung the curtain in 3 places (ends & middle) between our closet and the couch (turned bed). The curtain could be slid open or closed. It reached from the closet to the desk (wide enough) and almost reached the floor (long enough). Our girl loved her little 'room'. She could go to bed and we could read or watch TV without disturbing her. As the kids would say "SCORE!"

Use a site like Photo Bucket to post your photos. Once your photos are uploaded and photo selected you wish to post here, use the IMG or also the BB forum code. Copy/Paste directly to your reply window, no need to use the yellow postcard icon you see next to the little globe that is on the top row of your reply screen.

DH & I were rooming with a grand daughter (D1). I bought a fabric shower curtain ($8). Hubby enclosed each of 3 very strong magnets in heavy plastic (to prevent damage marks on ceiling). We then attached 'S' hooks and hung the curtain in 3 places (ends & middle) between our closet and the couch (turned bed). The curtain could be slid open or closed. It reached from the closet to the desk (wide enough) and almost reached the floor (long enough). Our girl loved her little 'room'. She could go to bed and we could read or watch TV without disturbing her. As the kids would say "SCORE!"

That's an ingenious solution. The sad thing is that RCI ships used to have privacy curtains in many of their cabins, but they seem to be a thing of the past in all but the full suites.

The magnets were pretty small, rectangular 1 1/2" long, 1/4" on the square ends. They are actually from an MRI machine LOL. The other set that we had in son's room were circular about 3". The secret was/is they are very strong and it takes 2 hands to remove; only one hand to slide. Our 'S' hooks were hanging on the bottom of a cord about 1-2" long the other end of the cord attached to each magnet. Will my fb page work?

Edited by Poohb

I think those curtains only come out about 2 feet from the wall; the track is short. Not sure but that's what I remember.

You are correct. They are decorative rather than practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your cabin steward can get you a spare sheet

The shower curtain works well due to the already holes in it...and you can get a dark colored one which helps with the light from your side of the curtain shinning through...;)

I used a black (no light shows through) plastic table cloth from the party store and used the magnets to attach to the ceiling. No hooks needed, very light weight.

Another good creative idea...the local .99 cent stores might have these as well.

The shower curtain works well due to the already holes in it...and you can get a dark colored one which helps with the light from your side of the curtain shinning through...;)

You don't need holes to hang a sheet up. Sheets are much longer than a typical shower curtain made to cover a 60" tub, what is that 2' shorter than the beds

You don't need holes to hang a sheet up. Sheets are much longer than a typical shower curtain made to cover a 60" tub, what is that 2' shorter than the beds

I think one of the better ideas is now a picnic size plastic table cloth dark colored...light weight and very long and wide....99. cent store ;) I'll definitely use this for our upcoming family cruise where we'll have two toddlers with us :)

I read about this a while back as a cruise hack, and was curious if anyone had tried it... Glad to hear they have, and it works!

I'd love to see pictures, if anyone has any links.

Thanks~

Annette~

I think one of the better ideas is now a picnic size plastic table cloth dark colored...light weight and very long and wide....99. cent store ;) I'll definitely use this for our upcoming family cruise where we'll have two toddlers with us :)

I actually used two (two went completely around the bed) and several small magnets but you could also use tape. Worked super good at keeping the light out. I found out black is the only dark color one that kept the light out. Enjoy your cruise.

I think that's a great idea, Amazon sells both the hooks and shower curtain, under $20! I don't think the dollar store table cloth will provide enough blockage for light. Thanks for sharing.

The black plastic one from the party store completely blocked out all the light and was less than 2 dollars.