Our First Cruise - 1st Stop: Barcelona

SLOTheta

Hello Cruise Critic!

Our grand European adventure begins! After months of reading everything I could on this board about cruising, our trip has begun.

Our flight from Sacramento to Barcelona was the best we've ever had on United. From Sacramento, it's typically a long haul with several stops, but I scored a fabulous flight using miles for my husband and me: Sacramento to DC, 1.5 hr layover) then DC to Barcelona. Grand total of 14 hours.

The First Class Fairy sprinkled us with her fairy dust and we were upgraded on both legs. Pods for us! Yippee! The IAD to BCN upgrade was 10 minutes before boarding, there were 2 seats left and we snagged them. With such a great start, I know our cruise will be a great one.

The new amenities, upgraded food and drinks on the flight were quite surprising. The flight attendants were superb and went out of their way to make our flight a great one.

Waiting for our luggage. More to come!

c28877d72154dd9f5fb1f9abdfd8327a.jpg

dd11bca5298d7524af8dc960b0ccb066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats on not only successfully using FF miles for a good itinerary but the upgrade as well :)

A great start to what will hopefully be a great trip and cruise.

Looking forward to your reports.

Hello Cruise Critic!

Our grand European adventure begins! After months of reading everything I could on this board about cruising, our trip has begun.

Our flight from Sacramento to Barcelona was the best we've ever had on United. From Sacramento, it's typically a long haul with several stops, but I scored a fabulous flight using miles for my husband and me: Sacramento to DC, 1.5 hr layover) then DC to Barcelona. Grand total of 14 hours.

The First Class Fairy sprinkled us with her fairy dust and we were upgraded on both legs. Pods for us! Yippee! The IAD to BCN upgrade was 10 minutes before boarding, there were 2 seats left and we snagged them. With such a great start, I know our cruise will be a great one.

The new amenities, upgraded food and drinks on the flight were quite surprising. The flight attendants were superb and went out of their way to make our flight a great one.

Waiting for our luggage. More to come!

c28877d72154dd9f5fb1f9abdfd8327a.jpg

dd11bca5298d7524af8dc960b0ccb066.jpg

Hi Nancy!!!!!

So exciting and fun!!!! You look great!

We will be on Global First also ,non stop from SFO-CDG on Sept 2nd.

Same here with all of my husbands travels we were able to get them with our mileage.

Kick back and relax! The service is wonderful.

I am sooo excited for you going to Barcelona, tennis, our favorite sport for us!

I will be eagerly waiting for your posts!

Happy sailings on the wonderful Eurodam.

Denise :)

A mere 14 hours after leaving Sacramento, we are sipping cava on the Ramblas, eating fidua, pan con tomate and Patatas bravas, and dipping our toes in the sea. 4 years ago, we stumbled across the first ever Poblenou Beer Festival with a handful of booths, this year, it's expanded to a worldwide brew fest. It's a wonderful coincidence that we are here again for the festival (it's even on a different weekend - meant to be!). Paul is a happy camper.

-Nancy

e44fc83de7f1208d6162ff909e7a7cf5.jpg

0a1e03c5723ba4728bb7be6bbb8b7d4d.jpg

cbb13ccc23dda5e9ae523502dd7451e4.jpg

334ac8beebf49a737f5928bc5e042fbc.jpg

Hi Nancy!!!!!

So exciting and fun!!!! You look great!

We will be on Global First also ,non stop from SFO-CDG on Sept 2nd.

Same here with all of my husbands travels we were able to get them with our mileage.

Kick back and relax! The service is wonderful.

I am sooo excited for you going to Barcelona, tennis, our favorite sport for us!

I will be eagerly waiting for your posts!

Happy sailings on the wonderful Eurodam.

Denise :)

We were supposed to be on that flight on our way here, but last month, a direct from Sacramento to Dulles opened. The last time I went to Paris I was on the SFO>CDG flight in business, it was perfect. The one advantage of traveling a lot for work is the miles and points. Our hotel stay in Barcelona is all on SPG points. [emoji16]

Can't wait to sail off on Tuesday!

A mere 14 hours after leaving Sacramento, we are sipping cava on the Ramblas, eating fidua, pan con tomate and Patatas bravas, and dipping our toes in the sea. 4 years ago, we stumbled across the first ever Poblenou Beer Festival with a handful of booths, this year, it's expanded to a worldwide brew fest. It's a wonderful coincidence that we are here again for the festival (it's even on a different weekend - meant to be!). Paul is a happy camper.

-Nancy

e44fc83de7f1208d6162ff909e7a7cf5.jpg

0a1e03c5723ba4728bb7be6bbb8b7d4d.jpg

cbb13ccc23dda5e9ae523502dd7451e4.jpg

334ac8beebf49a737f5928bc5e042fbc.jpg

Food sounds delicious.

Love the pictures.

We were supposed to be on that flight on our way here, but last month, a direct from Sacramento to Dulles opened. The last time I went to Paris I was on the SFO>CDG flight in business, it was perfect. The one advantage of traveling a lot for work is the miles and points. Our hotel stay in Barcelona is all on SPG points. [emoji16]

Can't wait to sail off on Tuesday!

Great photos!!!!

You bet traveling with work has its perks. Same here with my husbands work our vaca for 2'months is all on points with Hilton. It is funny we are watching our trip from Videos and believe it or not having some Cava while we are enjoying our videos to Barcelona! Love Las Ramblas!

You guys look sooo relaxed! Your adventure begins!

Denise:)