What to do in Margaret River for the day??

You will actually dock at Busselton, I expect. A trip out to the end of the jetty and underwater observatory, and a really nice museum of old farming implements and household goods at the old butter factory were interesting.

was going to say last time i was there there was a beach lots of rocks a river and no pier that i could see was wondering how they would get to the beach

was going to say last time i was there there was a beach lots of rocks a river and no pier that i could see was wondering how they would get to the beach

You must have been at a different part of Busselton, or you are very old :eek:, the pier was built in the 1850s.

You must have been at a different part of Busselton, or you are very old :eek:, the pier was built in the 1850s.

I think Hawka meant the beach at Margaret River, not Busselton.;)

I think Hawka meant the beach at Margaret River, not Busselton.;)

yeah meant Margaret river remember hearing a story about the people that lived out there house was on the right of road forgot story though and it is where the surfers like surfing

• 1 month later...
Bit of misleading itinerary info by Princess. Definitely lists Margaret River as the port of call and doesnt even mention Busselton in the description.

You will definitely tender at Busselton though.

Margaret River area is also a popular surfing area but known for its shark populstion:eek:

The itinerary for a cruise on the Emerald Princess, shows it starting in London (Southampton), and calling at Perth (Fremantle) and Margaret River (Busselton). I think it is fairly clear that the cruise starts in Southampton and not London and that it calls into Fremantle and Busselton. :) Looking through the brochure, every reference to Margaret River has Busselton shown in brackets.:)

Princess always does that, they list the place of major interest with the port shown in brackets. Other examples are Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Ho Ch Minh City (Phu My), even Bali (Benoa).

That is how I have always read it, but I was responding (belatedly) to a post that said Princess was being misleading.

I seem to recall that a couple of years ago one cruiseline had Canberra (Eden) on an itinerary. :D

Holland America have called there , and next year , 2017 , they have 9 scheduled visits from 3 ships, Pacific Jewel, Insignia and Silver Shadow....

Its all go at Eden.:):)

You are 'tongue in cheek' but I think Canberra is great to visit. It is a beautiful city.

No, I was serious, I live here and think it has lots to offer the visitor. The National War Memorial, the National Library, the National galleries, the National Museum and Parliament House, all of which a free entry, and well worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...
No, I was serious, I live here and think it has lots to offer the visitor. The National War Memorial, the National Library, the National galleries, the National Museum and Parliament House, all of which a free entry, and well worth a look.

Agree.

Throwing a visit to Lake Burley Griffin, Teslstra tower, the Other Parliament House and the High Court and the zoo.

The female Guts also like the shops at Civic.