Suite guarantee experience?

We booked a W on Anthem for 4 of us and after about 3 weeks got assigned to a Family Junior Suite.

However, we had to change cruise dates after that to something 2 weeks earlier (same ship and itinerary), and there was a KSF promotion running at the time, so we got a GS for $490 more than we had paid for the original W.

Search my name and see my Suite Guarantee Thread from September...

Long story short, booked a Suite Guarantee was given and Oceanview. They tried to refund the difference but came to their senses and refunded the whole cruise except port taxes.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

We booked a JS guarantee for a cruise on the Anthem at the end of July. First time we booked a guarantee. Much to my surprise we have already been assigned a Spa Junior Suite on deck deck 11, midship. We're happy with that. Didn't save a lot of money but since we are also booked in a suite on the Anthem at the end of August, we decided to take a chance. I always thought they assigned a guarantee much closer to the date of the cruise.

Search my name and see my Suite Guarantee Thread from September...

Long story short, booked a Suite Guarantee was given and Oceanview. They tried to refund the difference but came to their senses and refunded the whole cruise except port taxes.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I remember reading that thread. I felt like I was watching a train wreck in slow motion.

• 10 months later...

When we were on the oasis a few years ago, my two teenage daughters. We originally booked an interior with the intent to watch the sales. It was about $1000 pp. From there we went to an Ocean View, then balcony about 3 weeks prior to cruising. At that point my husband decides he is able to come. Called RCI and found out I could get a JS guarantee for the same price as adding him to our balcony cabin. So we did that. Within a week we were assigned a GS. Spoiled me for life.... Haven't sailed in anything smaller since... Lol.

When did you find out your room? We just did this today and I can't wait to see what we are assigned! We sail 2/24.

Your assignment can come anytime between now and the day you get on the ship. There's really no "typical" assignment time.

Just want to say that the suite guarantee does not always work out. Our cruise is sold out on Allure. We got a call 4 days before the cruise that no suites were available and would have to take a downgrade. We were offered a D1 balcony with a credit and on board credits. Just want people to know that this happens. Guarantee does not always mean anything!

What kind of compensation did you get and how hard did you have to fight for it?

I have seen on a few occasions where people booked guarantee JS or better and got assigned a balcony room. The refund was very small since it did not go by the difference at the time of the booking. They would have been better off just booking a balcony in the first place. It does happen.

If they booked a suite guarantee and were assigned a balcony there is room for negotiation, but you might have to put out some effort. "very small" refund would not be acceptable to me.

THX all for the info as I too was wondering about this. Have upcoming cruise on Harmony. There seem to be quite a few JS still avail so thinking GTD suite could mean JS not GS. We have JS on the hump booked so I don’t think worth the risk. Currently W GTD just about same price we paying for JS. That’s why I was thinking of changing in hopes we could get GS.

THX all for the info as I too was wondering about this. Have upcoming cruise on Harmony. There seem to be quite a few JS still avail so thinking GTD suite could mean JS not GS. We have JS on the hump booked so I don’t think worth the risk. Currently W GTD just about same price we paying for JS. That’s why I was thinking of changing in hopes we could get GS.

Don't give up that hump JS. Love the deep balconies

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have never done a guarantee until recently and have a GS GTY on the Radiance for June. I Ihave not seen any comments posted about a GS GTY so I am a bit concerned.

I have seen them for GS L1 and SL and is exactly as it appears, you are guarenteed those rooms. My friend has a SL GTY and ended up in the GPanaramic stateroom.

We have a GS GTY on Explorer for September. When do mock booking no GS left & only 1 Owners Suite. Hope it means we have a GS or

will be bumped up to Owners Suite. No way will I take a balcony. Will be doing a lot of negotiating if that happens.

We have a GS GTY on Explorer for September. When do mock booking no GS left & only 1 Owners Suite. Hope it means we have a GS or will be bumped up to Owners Suite. No way will I take a balcony. Will be doing a lot of negotiating if that happens.

I could be entirely wrong but wouldn't a GS GTY guarantee that a GS would be the lowest category stateroom that you would get?