Suite guarantee experience?

We usually book a JS, looking at the possibility of booking a suite guarantee just to see what we get. Just curious how others have made out,thanks

From the lists that I have read on here there is most likely an overwhelming probability that you will be assigned a JS.

I went from a JS to a GS on a Radiance northbound cruise....however...I may be one of the few that actually prefer the JS over the GS....but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't taken it....so glad I did...cause now I know.

Edited by Ashland

We usually book a JS, looking at the possibility of booking a suite guarantee just to see what we get. Just curious how others have made out,thanks

So these JS, are they in undesirable locations?

We've only done the suite grantee once and it was on Oasis. It seemed like a safe bet since all of the JS are located in what we consider to be good locations. We ended up with a JS and only saved a small amount over what it would have cost to book a JS and pick our cabin. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

• 7 months later...

Just want to say that the suite guarantee does not always work out. Our cruise is sold out on Allure. We got a call 4 days before the cruise that no suites were available and would have to take a downgrade. We were offered a D1 balcony with a credit and on board credits. Just want people to know that this happens. Guarantee does not always mean anything!

We did not get a junior suite only a call from RC saying "sorry no suites available". Funny how we were told we would at least be Guaranteed a junior suite! Nothing is guaranteed, be safe and pick your own room.

Don't know about Quantum class, but I cannot think of a bad JS location on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis classes.

The JS on Anthem is nearly identical to the Superior GS. Went with several friends on Anthem last year and was surprised at the size of their JS compared to our GS. Nearly identical. Balcony size was the only real difference. Mid-ship locations are about the same. The GS on Oasis class and older ships are much better than on Quantum Class.

Just want to say that the suite guarantee does not always work out. Our cruise is sold out on Allure. We got a call 4 days before the cruise that no suites were available and would have to take a downgrade. We were offered a D1 balcony with a credit and on board credits. Just want people to know that this happens. Guarantee does not always mean anything!

So a Guarantee is not a Guarantee?

Must be in the small print....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I have seen on a few occasions where people booked guarantee JS or better and got assigned a balcony room. The refund was very small since it did not go by the difference at the time of the booking. They would have been better off just booking a balcony in the first place. It does happen.

Booked a W guarantee a month ago for may sailing on navigator. Got assigned a deck 10 JS. Am a little disappointed as travelling with my mum who is a pinnacle. Although upon looking at it, it seems to be one of the best place JS's!

Booked a W guarantee a month ago for may sailing on navigator. Got assigned a deck 10 JS. Am a little disappointed as travelling with my mum who is a pinnacle. Although upon looking at it, it seems to be one of the best place JS's!

I never got the impression that C&A level had any effect on guarantee assignment.

Booking a guarantee suite on the Oasis class is not worth it compared to the other classes.

Goes to show you that a Pinnacle in the room only got a JS so their son/daughter who wasn't Pinnacle lost out.

Too bad C&A status doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app