Nellie's beach @ Labadee question

Are people supposed to tip the beach staff for a chaise lounge chair or do people often take their own chair from those stacked up and place it where they'd like.

Are these chaise lounges part of the RCI experience to be used at Nellie's ? or otherwise ?

Thanks for the replies just wondering what most people will do there.

Are people supposed to tip the beach staff for a chaise lounge chair or do people often take their own chair from those stacked up and place it where they'd like.

Are these chaise lounges part of the RCI experience to be used at Nellie's ? or otherwise ?

Thanks for the replies just wondering what most people will do there.

They will ask you for money but Royal states that tips are not necessary.

If no workers are around, we'll just grab our own chairs and set them up ourselves, but if one of the workers comes over and offers to do it for us, we generally allow them to and then we tip them a few dollars.

All your responses are good....very good ...and once again thank you...We'll be on the Anthem for the July 14-23rd voyage. Last stop Labadee....it's just good to know in advance.

Don

If no workers are around, we'll just grab our own chairs and set them up ourselves, but if one of the workers comes over and offers to do it for us, we generally allow them to and then we tip them a few dollars.

This is how we roll too.

If they carry our chairs, I give a small tip. If I carry them, no tip.

Dan.

P.S. - How have you been Donna?

This tip situation I think has gotten out of control.

On our cruise earlier this year we were asked for a tip even though we had all intentions of giving one. We were also told that if we wanted a clam (which I believed was included), we would have to pay him $5.00. A couple next to us was also asked for a tip and he must have felt that it was not enough because he then asked for more. This went on with all of the cruisers wanting to set up in our location.

Asking and/or expecting a tip seemed to be the norm with these guys. I was very uncomfortable and I plan on putting my own chair down on the sand next time.

When going to Nellie's recommend you get there asap if you want to secure a nice shady spot. Beach area fills up fast and the sun can be brutal. IMO best spots are under the thatched roof umbrella-like posts. They have a shelf which keeps your personal items out of the sand.

When going to Nellie's recommend you get there asap if you want to secure a nice shady spot. Beach area fills up fast and the sun can be brutal. IMO best spots are under the thatched roof umbrella-like posts. They have a shelf which keeps your personal items out of the sand.

Where do you recommend to eat at Nellie's beach? I do not see any "food" spot close to it on Labadee map.

Thank you in advance.

Where do you recommend to eat at Nellie's beach? I do not see any "food" spot close to it on Labadee map.

Thank you in advance.

Unless you had access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot, you would eat at the main BBQ area.

Unless you had access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot, you would eat at the main BBQ area.

If I would have access to Barefoot, I would not stay at Nellie's beach;). Where is the main BBQ area, do you mean Cafe Labadee at Town Square? How far it is from Nellie's (my DH has knee issue).

If I would have access to Barefoot, I would not stay at Nellie's beach;). Where is the main BBQ area, do you mean Cafe Labadee at Town Square? How far it is from Nellie's (my DH has knee issue).

There was a time when guests who had a cabana at Nellies also had access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot. Then this perk was taken away, but later some reported it was back. So if you have a cabana at Nellie's, I would check with the people at Barefoot and see if you had access to the upgraded buffet.

You would only need to walk to the Nellie's tram stop to get to the main food area, which I think they call Dragon's Cafe.

EDIT: I just looked at a more recent map and it looks like the Town Square food area is much closer to Nellie's, and it also looks to be close to the tram route.

Edited by clarea

If you have a cabana you also get the buffet which is located to the right as you face away from the water at the wall separating the road from the beach[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a cabana you also get the buffet which is located to the right as you face away from the water at the wall separating the road from the beach[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have a cabana

Always walk to the one between town square and adreniline beach. It's only a five minute walk. If you prefer the tram, it will drop you off right there.

Columbus cove is about the same distance, but no tram.

There is also a food station back by dragons plaza at the other end of the tram line.

In any case, if you want to beat the long lines get there early (believe they start serving at 12). Grab a table, enjoy your meal and head back to the beach.

Edited by Baron Barracuda