NO EZ Air seats???

nanabananna

I am trying to book seats for our cruisetour May 2017. We are a group of 4 traveling from DFW Dallas Tx to Fairbanks.

It says seats unavailable for 4.

Then, I try the return from Vancouver to DFW, this time we are a group of 6 returning to DFW. No seats available.

Am I the only one having this trouble or has anyone else experienced something like this?

I have a TA, however she is on an Alaskan Cruise and will not be back for 7 days.

I hope someone can let me know what to do. :( right now.

Seats are generally not available until the air is completely paid for and you get a record locator.

What happens is that Princess EZ Air reserves "X" number of seats per flight. No booking is actually completed until fully paid for but you are guaranteed a seat. It's frustrating but you can choose to either pay in full now or wait until final payment. Either way, you'll be on the flight you've selected.

Seats are generally not available until the air is completely paid for and you get a record locator.

What happens is that Princess EZ Air reserves "X" number of seats per flight. No booking is actually completed until fully paid for but you are guaranteed a seat. It's frustrating but you can choose to either pay in full now or wait until final payment. Either way, you'll be on the flight you've selected.

Thank you Pam. That eased my mind. I have been thinking of different ways to get there other than walking! :rolleyes:

If your issue is seat selection then that may be airline dependent. You will have seats but may not be able to select until closer to your flight. Check periodically but the airline ought to tell you when seat selection is available . Also they may offer you early selection at a price, generally not worth it to me but might come into play if traveling with younger children. Even at the 24 Hr Check in window when seat selection is available for free some airlines will arbitrarily assign you. If you do not like what you are given you may switch to other available seats. The earliest you check in that window the better chance you have.

I find dealing with eZAir very frustrating. If it were not for the extremely low international fares they have been offering recently, it would just not be worth dealing with them.

We have been able to select seats on the airline websites for the two eZAir bookings were have made so far...both prior to payment. The airlines are American, Delta and United. Friends who are booked on American through eZAir were not able to select seats, then they were.

It might be worth a call to the airline to see whether a real person might be able to assist you.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

The OP says they are thing to book for May 2017. The airlines don't even start taking bookings until around 10 months before the flight do they? In other words they couldn't book directly with the airlines yet, much less EZAir??

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I just booked EZAir flights for an upcoming TA from SFO to FLL and return from LHR to SFO in April of 2017. In reading the fine print, I see that there is no guarantee of the seats I selected but that Princess would forward our "requested seats to the airline". That is really going to be a bummer as the seats I selected are the better seats according to SEATGURU and there are certainly worse ones within the same class of service. I like the price but certainly will not be as happy if we get a couple of middle seats for the long flight home. I will continue to check and may have to upgrade to premium seats if this becomes a problem. Darn and it looked so good;)

The OP says they are thing to book for May 2017. The airlines don't even start taking bookings until around 10 months before the flight do they? In other words they couldn't book directly with the airlines yet, much less EZAir??

Most airlines accept bookings beginning around 330 days out. May is within that window.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I booked flights for two to Fort Lauderdale from Vancouver on West Jet.Then Barcelona return to Vancouver on British Air .

Can't chose seats on either West Jet and British Airways . Went to the BA site and seats had been assigned . Was able to change then to what I wanted . West Jet doesn't allow me a choose seats until 45 days before the cruise unless I request the tickets to be released.

Looks like EZ air is hit or miss with booking seats. Everyone has a different story. Here is mine. Booked EZAir 9 months out. British Air to London and then Delta/Air France home. I was able to pick my seats from day one. I was also able to get reduced fare, change seats (and flights) three times. I was also told that American "usually" didn't allow EZAir seat selection early on. Good Luck

Edited by BRANDEE

We've been lucky so far, have used EZ Air the last two Princess cruises without problems. Also used it for an upcoming New England/Canada cruise in Oct. (American Airlines). We made reservations in May and were able to choose seats (all before final payment made). Just reserved an Alaska tour/cruise for end of May 2017 and as mentioned above, unable to even look at flights, as the trip starts 5/27 and doesn't end until 6/10. Oh well, maybe in August we can check them out.

Once we get the airline record locator, we go directly to the airline site, log in under our frequent traveler ID, and select the seats we want. It may take a couple of days for the airline to recognize the record locator (recent experience with JetBlue), but this process has worked great with American and United airlines.

It hasn't made a difference so far whether we've just booked or made final payment - the airline accepts their record locator for the reservation and allows us to make seat selections.

British Air doesn't enable advance seat selections without a charge.

So, go to the airline site and see what they support.

After I make a reservation on EZair I go to the airline, American or United in my case, log in using my frequent flyer account and then go to the reservation. I can then pick seas and set up notifications. The airline will then notify me of flight changes before the flight day and will notify me by text message the exact flight time and gate including any delays. I only use EZair for the initial flight reservation. I do go back into EZair to see if there are any price reductions which is a very nice touch and has saved me $$$.

FYI, Both Delta and American Airlines have a new pricing arrangement for coach class tickets. Delta sells three different coach tickets. The cheapest ticket means you can't choose your seat until 24 hrs prior to check in. The next price coach ticket allows you to pick your seat when you book; and the third price is for economy plus; which gives you more legroom. I travel on Delta quite frequently, and their new pricing system can be confusing. Delta's pricing went into effect Jun 1st; Americans new pricing goes into effect Aug 1.

I've been able to choose seats using the record locator (found on the Princess site) on the airline sites a few days after booking, but before final payment.

For example, I booked our December TA on 5/26. On 6/2, I was able to choose seats on both our American and Delta flights. Our final payment is not due until September.

Yes, booking EZ Air saves money but beyond frustrating. We paid in full early but the last of the four legs all through American is going from Miami to Barcelona on Business Class and partnered with Iberia. We had the back and forth from each airline's rep with no commitment as to seat asisgnment even this am but no results. Each side blaming the other.

Of course this last leg is the longest and most important, Is anyone else sharing our stress??

I am trying to book seats for our cruisetour May 2017. We are a group of 4 traveling from DFW Dallas Tx to Fairbanks.

It says seats unavailable for 4.

Then, I try the return from Vancouver to DFW, this time we are a group of 6 returning to DFW. No seats available.

Am I the only one having this trouble or has anyone else experienced something like this?

I have a TA, however she is on an Alaskan Cruise and will not be back for 7 days.

I hope someone can let me know what to do. :( right now.

If the issue is strictly being able to select seat assignments try using your confirmation number and go directly to the airline website to select your seats. I had this problem once when flying out of Canada and ended up calling the airline directly to get a seat. ( note that if you are flying on a flexible ticket I don't think you will be able to select your seat until closer to your flight)

One issue may be that there are a limited number of seats at the particular price- we had that happen once and had to book our flights for four two at a time- with ther second two tickets being slightly higher.

If the issue is EZ air won't let you book, I would also go online to the airlines website and check the flight to see if there was capacity or if the flight was full ( unlikely this far out) there is space and you are still having problems you may have to call Princess or wait for your TA to assist.

This is the first time I've ever heard of EZ Air, possibly because this is the first time I'm going to be cruising with Princess. My cruise isn't until Sept 2017, so needless to say booking EZ Air now is not possible. That said, i input some fictitious information saying I was cruising May 2017 and so it allowed me to book the air. The price difference for flexible is crazy in my favor. What exactly does that mean--"flexible"? Booking this way seems like a no brainer with the exception of what seems to be seating issues and everyone's different seating issue stories. I don't think my husband or I would give a hoot if we sat separately, although I can totally appreciate why most people would want to sit with their cruise partner.

EZ Air offers two types of tickets - flexible, which can be modified up 45 days prior to departure, and Restriced which are instant purchase non refundable fares.

As many airlines will not allow seat assignments to be made until the ticket is actually issued, if you are on a flex fare you will not be able to get seats allocated until 45 days from departure. You can circumvent this by paying the flex fare in full early and filling out Princess' early ticketing request waiver (Princess reservations can email you or your travel agent the form). the negative of early ticketing a flex fare is it basically then becomes an instant purchase non refundable fare and you lose the ability to make changes and cancellations, which is part of whats the flex fare such an attractive option.

I know American and Air Canada have the seat assignment restrictions on flex fares, and I'm sure there are others too. This also restricts the ability for clients to purchase economy comfort type seating on these airlines as well.

Once we get the airline record locator, we go directly to the airline site, log in under our frequent traveler ID, and select the seats we want. It may take a couple of days for the airline to recognize the record locator (recent experience with JetBlue), but this process has worked great with American and United airlines.

It hasn't made a difference so far whether we've just booked or made final payment - the airline accepts their record locator for the reservation and allows us to make seat selections.

British Air doesn't enable advance seat selections without a charge.

So, go to the airline site and see what they support.

I go to AA site and log into account and entered the record locator for my May 2017 flight (EZAir which I booked 2 weeks ago). It does show my reservation, but it says ticket pending, so I was not able to reserve my seats. I called AA and was told Princess needs to pay for the air tickets and the status will be changed, then I can select my seats.

EZ Air offers two types of tickets - flexible, which can be modified up 45 days prior to departure, and Restriced which are instant purchase non refundable fares.

As many airlines will not allow seat assignments to be made until the ticket is actually issued, if you are on a flex fare you will not be able to get seats allocated until 45 days from departure. You can circumvent this by paying the flex fare in full early and filling out Princess' early ticketing request waiver (Princess reservations can email you or your travel agent the form). the negative of early ticketing a flex fare is it basically then becomes an instant purchase non refundable fare and you lose the ability to make changes and cancellations, which is part of whats the flex fare such an attractive option.

I know American and Air Canada have the seat assignment restrictions on flex fares, and I'm sure there are others too. This also restricts the ability for clients to purchase economy comfort type seating on these airlines as well.

To add additional info to the above post. We booked EZair for our May 2017 trip to Rome. Selected flex air flights on UAL. After receiving confirmation from Princess, I went to the United Airlines web site and was able to select our seats. HOWEVER, the following week I again checked our UAL reservation to find that IT, THE RESERVATION was no longer listed on the UAL site. I called UAL and they told me that the reservation was removed as it was not yet paid. I checked with Princess to confirm that we still had our flights in their system. Unless we pay early we will not be able to select our seats until 45 days out etc.

So, those Folks who think you may have your seats on UAL via Princess (flex fare) may be surprised if you don't see your reservation & seats after a few days. Hopefully, next year we will be able to get two seats together for or TA flight.

To add additional info to the above post. We booked EZair for our May 2017 trip to Rome. Selected flex air flights on UAL. After receiving confirmation from Princess, I went to the United Airlines web site and was able to select our seats. HOWEVER, the following week I again checked our UAL reservation to find that IT, THE RESERVATION was no longer listed on the UAL site. I called UAL and they told me that the reservation was removed as it was not yet paid. I checked with Princess to confirm that we still had our flights in their system. Unless we pay early we will not be able to select our seats until 45 days out etc.

So, those Folks who think you may have your seats on UAL via Princess (flex fare) may be surprised if you don't see your reservation & seats after a few days. Hopefully, next year we will be able to get two seats together for or TA flight.

Wow, now you have me concerned for my EZ Air booking all over again. I checked mine as of yesterday and the reservation and seat assignments are intact. Yes, there is standing notation that it has not yet been ticketed and will be cancelled at midnight, but the midnight date changes every day. I would hate to have to wait until the 45 days out to select a seat. I guess. I have not paid to select the seats which is now becoming popular with the airlines, maybe that will be sprung on me when I check-In. I will now be even more diligent about checking on my booking. I am amazed at all the inconsistencies I read about EZ air and the various airlines.

The same thing happened to me. This morning I log in to my AA account and no longer see our "ticket pending" reservation for our May 2017 flights. I called AA and were told our reservation was removed as it was not yet paid. I called Princess and were told our flights are still in their system.