What is RC's best ship?

We've only sailed with RC once and that was on the Oasis. We absolutely loved it! We really enjoyed Vintages and Central Park. We are torn about which ship to go on next. Now that the Oasis is in Port Canaveral, it's quite convenient with us in Charlotte. Is there another ship we would like better?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer to that as you might suspect is, "It depends" Do you have kids? Kids, or non-grown up adults might like the additions Harmony has over Oasis. I also like the Freedom class. I can't comment on the Quantum class yet, but you have that option going north from Charolette.

You can't expect someone else to tell you which is "the best". For those that love fewer people, the smallest ship is best. For those that want a million options, it's an Oasis class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't expect someone else to tell you which is "the best". For those that love fewer people, the smallest ship is best. For those that want a million options, it's an Oasis class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem with RCCL small ships is they are very old, rather do a new smaller ship on another line

Our personal favorite is the Jewel. We have cruised on her 7 times. It's not the Radiance class we like because we do not like the Serenade. I believe it's the personality of the ship.

Interesting. I would say the same. I think Serenade lost something special when the glass staircase was removed during the refurb. I also don't love the reconfiguration of the Centrum area on Serenade, but having said that, we have sailed her 3 times already and have 3 more coming up. I do love Jewel, though. :) Let's hear it for shower doors! lol

The answer to that as you might suspect is, "It depends" Do you have kids? Kids, or non-grown up adults might like the additions Harmony has over Oasis. I also like the Freedom class. I can't comment on the Quantum class yet, but you have that option going north from Charolette.

Our son is 19. He may or may not be with us. What does Harmony have the Oasis doesn't?

Oh, we don't use the slides. We don't use any of the kiddy stuff. We like to relax on the ships.

If you like a Solarium pool (not a hot tub), then I'd go with Oasis or Allure as Harmony has no Solarium pool.

Whatever ship I am currently on!

:)

^ That one. There are different things to enjoy about all of them. If I had to pick just one, probably Jewel because I loved the outdoor seating at Windjammer on the back of the ship, and that's the only class (I think) that has it.

For the others, there aren't huge differences for me, although the shows tend to be better as the ship gets larger. However, I haven't been on an Oasis or Quantum class yet (booked for Oasis in January).

We've been on several different classes and a numbe if RCCL ships. Our absolute favorite.....for the time being, is Freedom. Once they remove the Viking Crown Lounge I would then choose any of the Voyager class ships. Just the right size WITH the VCL!

If you like a Solarium pool (not a hot tub), then I'd go with Oasis or Allure as Harmony has no Solarium pool.

I like the outdoor pools because I love feeling the ocean breeze and working on my tan. We spent most of the sea day at the beach pool.

We personally like the Freedom class best. It's a comfortable size ... without being overwhelming. It has aft cabins with room-sized balconies, which we enjoy very much. We enjoy an equal mix of ship vs. island stops, and the Freedom class stops at more islands than the larger ships.

We are less willing to sail the smaller ships because they're getting older and have fewer amenities. Maybe we'll try them after we retire and can take advantage of off-season /last-minute low prices, but -- for now -- we're not willing to risk our limited vacation time on an old ship.

I'm not interested in the Oasis class. More isn't always better; sometimes it's just more.

Oh, and one other item that makes a ship "best" for us: It needs to sail from a port to which we can drive. It's a huge money saver.

We've only sailed with RC once and that was on the Oasis. We absolutely loved it! We really enjoyed Vintages and Central Park. We are torn about which ship to go on next. Now that the Oasis is in Port Canaveral, it's quite convenient with us in Charlotte. Is there another ship we would like better?

Well all cruise ships are lovely, but the Oasis has two flow riders which means it is twice as nice as any other ship, and infinitely better than any ship without a flowrider at all... That is not an opinion but simple math... (Assuming you are like me and the flowrider makes the ship) ;-)

Have a great cruise the Oasis class is the creme de la creme of cruise ships.

JC

Edited by xpcdoojk

Our personal favorite is the Jewel. We have cruised on her 7 times. It's not the Radiance class we like because we do not like the Serenade. I believe it's the personality of the ship.

Don't get me wrong we have never had a bad cruise.

I think that that's weird. I don't think that YOU are weird. But I like both Jewel and Serenade.

:)