lounge chairs

wanderlust1955

If you're in a balcony cabin, bring a cushion if you want. If not in a balcony, the lounges on the Promenade are very nice. The lounges at the pools are not bad.

A quiet place to rest/sun is the Lotus Spa pool. 8-10 very nice lounges & usually no one there (this doesn't apply to the Regal/Royal/Majesty).

Has anyone ever brought their own lounge chairs on board? We're going to be on a month long cruise with many sea days. Would like to enjoy lounging on my deck....Thanks!

If you are on the Royal or Regal there is no extra space for an extra lounge chair on most balconies. On Grand class ships the space will be tight in standard balcony cabins with 9'x5' balconies. If you are in a Caribe Deck balcony cabin then there is lots of space. Full suites have lounges on the balconies.

I would check with Princess first before I carried a chair onto the ship.

My sister laughed at me for bringing my own heavily insulated metal drink cup to keep my drinks cold. I dont like the plastic ones they have onboard.

That's just a cup. Can you imagine going through security with loungers! I highly doubt that porters will handle those!

1. I don't know.

2. I can't imagine that if you put a luggage tag on the carrying bag of one of these puppies that it wouldn't make it to your cabin.

https://www.lakeside.com/Home-Decor/Furniture/Outdoor-Furniture/Portable+Folding+Lounger/prod1330040.jmp?cid=GooglePLA-692194012&ukwcid=+&adpos=1o3&creative=106300818648&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw_LG8BRDb1JTxm8uP_UwSJADu_8pWW0A5If7o3fDPIoLw-cWYXptxnaO428xyKbBNJh78zRoC7Yjw_wcB

Heck. You could put it through the x-ray machine and carry it on yourself. Unfold it and use it on your balcony, and fold it up and store it when not in use. Don't leave it in its unfolded state on the balcony when you are not in your cabin.

3.. But in answer to your question, I have not tried so I don't know.

Has anyone ever brought their own lounge chairs on board? We're going to be on a month long cruise with many sea days. Would like to enjoy lounging on my deck....Thanks!

Are you for real???? NOOOOOOOOO.

When doing the Panama Canal we have asked to have a lounge chair for our balcony. We were in a mini-suite but not on Caribe. It was full but we were fine. I used the regular chair and put my feet up on the foot of DH's lounge chair.

The cabin Steward brought it....

Edited by harrynterry

Friends of mine have taken their own fold up loungers on board without any issue and used them with no issue. I do not believe they are allowed to be left on the balcony when you are not in the cabin, as they would be classed as 'other items' as per the safety information given at muster.

There is a very good chance that, should you be able to bring your own lounge, someone else will place their towel and a book on it at 0600 each morning.

I don't think that using them on deck was her intent, only on the balcony.

Chair Hogs can be very very sneaky as well as tenacious. Make sure your cabin door is locked when you leave. Heck, for a desirable lounger, hogs have been known to jump balcony partitions. Reports are out there that they've even rappelled from higher decks into balconies with nice loungers just to claim the loungers for the day! :D

:D

Thanks for the smile!! Hope the OP waits the appropriate amount of time before removing the chair hogs belongings!!

There is a very good chance that, should you be able to bring your own lounge, someone else will place their towel and a book on it at 0600 each morning.