Children misbehaving on Voyager

Embl

Actually, it looks like their cruise is for 4/14 next year, which is Easter weekend. A whole LOT of schools will be off at that time (including much of south florida) *grin*

Touché :o

Actually, it looks like their cruise is for 4/14 next year, which is Easter weekend. A whole LOT of schools will be off at that time (including much of south florida) *grin*

Beat me to it. Yep, Easter weekend. I think Easter will be spent in Labadee.

Hope the Easter Bunny doesn't drown?

So sorry you had to go through this! As a parent to 2 kids of my own who are 11 and 9....I am absolutely DISGUSTED to hear how these individuals behaved and what you and other pax endured. It is completely unacceptable and agree that RCI Security should have handled this situation immediately. I think you should continue to press this with RCI so that they can train their security team appropriately on how to handle these situations.

No.

I think they're not reading the whole thread. The quote that people are quoting does come off kinda harsh. So I think people are just like "Hey wait a minute!" and responding immediately, instead of reading on to see your explanation in the later post. Perhaps you could edit the post that everyone keeps responding too. Otherwise, it's going to keep happening.

FYI - I did read the whole thread. If any you had bothered to look my post was at 10:08 and Champagne's post explaining their first post was at 10:06!

That post was not made when I quoted them and replied. If it had been there I would have deleted the quote...but my reply would be the same.

So before you assume things...pay closer attention

A lot of posters are recommending cruising when kids are in school. Yes, July and August do have a lot of kids, but I cruise all year round and find any more that every cruise has a lot of kids. There are so many non-USA cruisers, assuming you are cruising from a US port, home schooled kids, and parents taking their kids out for a couple of days and taking advantage of other breaks, in-service teacher days, etc. so as not to miss an entire week. I also think OP was referring to an Australian cruise - totally different time frame.

We usually cruise in Sept or Feb. We mixed things up and went on a July cruise. Never again. There were a noticeable amount of kids and teenagers everywhere. Yakking away in Sorrentos, splashing around in hot tubs, running around the sun deck in groups of 4-6.

It got to the point where we just acknowledged groups as "...July" when we saw them.

Feeling like you're walking around a nursing home is preferable to us than feeling like we are in line at Disney world during summer vacation.

My DS and DD misbehaved on one of our cruises and were brought to me by security. Apparently the group they joined were all finding it funny to insult other passengers for laughs.

It was the LAST time they misbehaved. The following morning I was even so cruel & inhumane to have them point out the couple they offended and to face-to-face apologize.

I miss the days when the "village" that helped raise your child could still do some disciplining and re-enforce respect.;)

Wow. What an amazing story. I have been annoyed a few times on a cruise by unruly children, but never something like this. If, on a future cruise I encounter anything even close to this kind of behavior, I will definitely get out my phone and record it. There is nothing like video for the evening news to get a company's attention.

Hi, we are sailing on the voyager in October Singapore to Sydney, it's our 1st RCI cruise so we aren't sure what to expect regarding children. In uk parents aren't allowed to take kids out of school for holidays. It's a 14 night cruise so hopefully we won't have any problems with kids, ( I hope)

Hi, we are sailing on the voyager in October Singapore to Sydney, it's our 1st RCI cruise so we aren't sure what to expect regarding children. In uk parents aren't allowed to take kids out of school for holidays. It's a 14 night cruise so hopefully we won't have any problems with kids, ( I hope)

It depends on whether you are cruising early or late October. Most Aussie states have school holidays that lap into October.

Aussie school holiday dates can be found here

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/special-dates-and-events/school-term-dates

Here we don't really have any laws about taking kids out of school. My DD gets pulled from school for 4-6 weeks at a time every two years to visit family in North America during their summer time. A lot of families will pull kids out of school to go on holiday as it's much cheaper than during school holiday time.

My DS and DD misbehaved on one of our cruises and were brought to me by security. Apparently the group they joined were all finding it funny to insult other passengers for laughs.

It was the LAST time they misbehaved. The following morning I was even so cruel & inhumane to have them point out the couple they offended and to face-to-face apologize.

I miss the days when the "village" that helped raise your child could still do some disciplining and re-enforce respect.;)

Well done. Sadly it seems this is more the exception than the norm. I am all for kids being kids but when they turn into disrespectful people or engage in hazardous behavior: Presence of parent or not, I will make sure they know their behavior is not tolerated by others.

Guest maddycat

Wow. Good for you. I wish that there were more parents like you.

I'm just used to the parent then getting in the security guard's face and yelling at them "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KIDS".

We had a similar problem the last time we cruised Royal, we were one the Independence in July a couple of summers ago from Southampton.

There were gangs of kids running riot around the whole ship, parents too busy getting drunk to bother to control them. They are doing similar things, being rude to other passengers, making a lot of noise, leaving rubbish everywhere, running around late at night past cabins etc.

It got to the point where the captain came on the morning show and appealed for calm (and as he said it there was a kid playing up for the camera right behind him).

The reason it happened on indy was a) it was from the uk, with b) free drinks packages.

And also, there were lots of inside cabins sold off last minute which unfortunately went to the sort of families who would normally do two weeks all-inclusive in a rowdy resort in spain somewhere.

We've decided not to cruise Royal again, although we are trying celebrity (which I know are the same company really- but not exactly the same). I dont object to kids, quite the opposite, but its horrible when other people ruin your holiday.

Just to let you know you aren't alone (and we complained as well- they did nothing).

Sadly when these type of parents ignore their kids with no parental supervision, things can

and will happen. They can get into trouble, get hurt...or much worse.

Then of course it is everyone else's fault but their own. :(

We had a similar problem the last time we cruised Royal, we were one the Independence in July a couple of summers ago from Southampton.

, but its horrible when other people ruin your holiday.

Apparently things have gotten even worse - someone reported over 60 people were thrown off Indy a couple of weeks ago for misbehavior. It's not just kids......

It's 2016. Thank goodness there wasn't a lawyer nearby willing to represent your kids and sue you for verbal assault and public humiliation. Poor kids will no doubt be traumatized for the rest of their lives, or $50,000, whichever comes first. :D

Edited by TubbyMrT

Probably best thing you can do next time is avoid cruising in summer and during the spring break season.

So everyone else must be put at a disadvantage because of some negligent parents who allow their kids to bully others? The whole group should have been put off the ship!

So everyone else must be put at a disadvantage because of some negligent parents who allow their kids to bully others? The whole group should have been put off the ship!

Arrgg....walk the plank..walk the plank!! :D

Sure would be a shame if one of the little ba$tards were to slip and fall overboard.

Accidents happen...

And the parents were no where to be seen.

Funny screen name, wonder how many people get that one. :eek:

I am so sorry that you had to deal with misbehavior of unruly children on your cruise. I have absolutely NO problem with kids AS LONG AS they are behaving. What these kids did and CONTINUED to do is completely unacceptable. My understanding was that if you didn't comply with RCCL "rules" that you would be put off the ship at the next port. I assume this applies to unruly kids and the parents (who are too busy enjoying their vacation to see that their kids are behaving)!!!!

While I believe in the chain of command, I would have gone beyond if this had not been taken care of. I pay money just like everyone else to have an enjoyable vacation, NOT to be harassed by kids who are not being supervised and have absolutely NO manners.

Sorry for the negative post but I see situations like this happening more and more frequently. No excuse for it.

FYI - I did read the whole thread. If any you had bothered to look my post was at 10:08 and Champagne's post explaining their first post was at 10:06!

That post was not made when I quoted them and replied. If it had been there I would have deleted the quote...but my reply would be the same.

So before you assume things...pay closer attention

Why are you so upset? I was just trying to offer Champagne an explanation because it kinda seemed like everyone was just dog piling on her. I wasn't saying anyone was a bad person in this. Just trying to offer a little perspective.

I wish my 87 year old mother, who's a retired teacher, was on that cruise because she would have taken those kids to task and they would have listened. I've seen her in action. It's awe inspiring.

OP, I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I'm fortunate my teen is a good kid. Of course, it's been grilled in her since birth to be respectful.

On numerous sailings we have seen parents abdicate their responsibilities and allow their children to go without supervision. When these children meet up with others of similar ages, these become groups that cause various disturbances. We and other frequent floaters we know have reported these groups and altho assured security will "look into it" nothing is done even when the disturbances are on security tapes. This is a good example of RCCL having a rule that is not enforced.