Over the door organizer?

Hello! Can anyone tell me what brand of over the door organizer they used that I can be sure will fit on the door and be able to close it? I need this for my cruise on Freedom in January since we are bringing the kids!

Thanks!

I don't think only certain brands will work. I just randomly bought something and it has been fine on many different ships, lines and hotels even.

I think the style used on the link above is the same, but got ours at Walmart. Just make sure you get transparent!

Even though we have two cabins for 4 people next cruise, we will take it again; we find it super useful just in keeping things organized and easy to find. Some people don't like them, or at least don't have much use for them, but I would recommend bringing one on your first cruise to see for yourself, especially with kids in the cabin. It was the most useful extra item we brought, and took up very little space. (And we packed with a carry-on and small backpack for each, so we pack light!)

Edited by widallas

Hello! Can anyone tell me what brand of over the door organizer they used that I can be sure will fit on the door and be able to close it? I need this for my cruise on Freedom in January since we are bringing the kids!

Thanks!

Over%20the%20door%20baby%20hanger.jpg

Oh wait, maybe you don't mean this kind.:D:D:D

I've used the one in the link provided by Mary521 and many others from the Dollar Store, Target, etc. as others have said there is plenty of storage but the benefit of the shoe hanger is that everything is in one place and you can readily see it all. Haven't traveled with kids in my cabin but I'd think it would help keep everything, well, organized.

I purchase the cheapest one that WalMart carries and hang it on the inside of bathroom door for toiletries, you may need to bring a pair of scissors to cut out a panel around the door closer.

We have never needed that...there is plenty of storage. Tell you kids to not bring so much stuff!

It's funny how one size doesn't fit all, or what works for one family doesn't work for another.

OP we have one very much like the one in the link. I bought it years ago at Walmart. And apparently I've trained my messy husband too well. I'd been using our shoe hanger for years on our Disney World trips, and so I didn't think twice about bringing it on our first cruises.

Then I read so many derisive comments about how unnecessary they were because of the plenitude if stateroom storage, that on one cruise I left it at home. For the whole cruise, DH seemingly could never find a thing he was looking for. Half a dozen times a day I'd be asked "Where the $#&@ did you put the @$&%#________.?

Since then, that organizer comes with us. He always knows where to look first.

Edited by mom says

I got one from the dollar store years ago and it goes with us on all vacations, not just cruises. Helps keep clutter at bay and works for us.

yHYIuQi80VPG5VKxg9cDfB07YCSIBHWi3D7CXRW1xDW7TecSakyxOLDoBaPY33QJgPRONtVcOD82E-SEfug9mKT7yNPo48ztTCYNgWDQUjCxKm2643vJ6kK93SRylWjQIpnkNse4LxTHSRjUyn4EdDJVAxiyIoPKIArBEkvlgIpM4kHKbAhk8F2qe5M33ai2nF2_9Nz9zbswmCFiDd6DkE4HUFq8qc1oDnUO471BSOpPvBqpTmEzbouxIWd2cmuJfwWKd8G4pdOy7Faqd96SW4whZ4MYrJPAGnQSa_sH1O4cjjOV7lbXh4WyAUpvPXEQmMECEk-OFXOe5v_wLAVXyHIHeEnAT3PScwHCCxt9CXm-zyGooK-iA_EEhc5vB6tM-Uaw_0f5ipMWROgJuOi5hmQP5Hii_UwXLkLh4dMoL71tkiRPOwijTfXMdTU7BNWOlEohcWgflZjKq5QHdAlW1dvnt3qR6XPOInGbmk6IXzkyYeG6oltAlqEfeH2vic2IHa-qRVUfiKk7DIs5GOBpQlQnG0gwEJGhbqRdK-pCSCJCv3Y1xjAxFmS2cMWj9Fi4nxdrou3e0ZS8taRgdOAPYEt62mUKxMfe=w511-h681-no

See, for me, this would drive me nuts. Granted it is a very short drive but still. Seeing all my crap hanging at all sorts of different angles would kill me. I just find it better to bring my stuff, put it under the sink. If there was no room under the sink (since lower level bathrooms are smaller) then they would be put in a designated drawer.

Even when we booked inside cabins with four people things were always put away. We traveled with a bunch of people and everyone was in and out of everyone's cabin and I would an this an ugly sight.

Anyway, I remember someone saying not too long ago to be careful because they were damaging some doors and they were not be allowed so I would check with your cruiseline.

I ordered one from Amazon, around $7 and it was skinnier then all the others. It actually said made to fit on ship cabin doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These can be cut to size of need be.

Some lines strongly discourage using the pocket holders that use the thin metal hangars as the stretch the doors. Could replace the metal with a string piece of string. Long enough to catch the door handle on the other side. Hanging it on a hook is another idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I always use an over-the-door organizer. The one that I bought is actually meant for shoes, but I use it to organized and keep in one place all of my things, like sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunglasses, handi wipes, hair elastics, my address book, pens, books, etc. I bought mine at Walmart. It has three metal hooks that hook over the door and we always put it on the outside of the bathroom door in the cabin. We've even started using one at home now.

Disney Cruise Lines has listed the over the door type organizers as a prohibited item.

Years ago they would allow them but they have since banned them.

Some types can damage their doors.

We used to use one of the over door type organizers but then bought a smaller type of organizer at LL Bean.

It holds plenty of stuff and has the single hook to hang it up.

Can be hung on a hook in the bathroom or on the rod in the closet.

This is a link to the LL Bean organizer.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73882?SS=B&catalog_id=TM&qs=5801412&qs=3122830&cvosrc=email.94.3122830&productId=879642&quantity=1&attrName_1=55865&attrValue_1=Red&feat=&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&display_id=245361&email_id=2519955&ddkey=http%3AReturnProductEmail