Divina - $40 Upgrade to Yahct Club??

Beachammo

That's a no-brainer!!!!

Check out the list of extras you get with YC!

I got the same email although mine said $50 per person per night. It took me about 30 seconds to make a decision then another 5 minutes trying to get through to my TA. The longest 5 minutes of my life.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got a TBD booking on a GUARANTEE YC1. The following day I checked my booking on MSC and it showed 15012 allocated. Even bigger result was all the bonuses from previous booking, OBC, Speciality Dinners and Beverage Packages were still there. Though I suspect the latter one is a little redundant now.

So looking forward to getting on board. Even more so as we are getting a little cheeky cruise in on NCL Sky beforehand. I know it will be no comparison, I just hope NCL Sky won't spoil me.;););)

i have a question about being in YC but traveling with friends who aren't.

Obviously one would want to take advantage of what the YC offers but would it be like we weren't even sailing with the others....ex. different dining venue and pool area, etc?

I got the same email although mine said $50 per person per night. It took me about 30 seconds to make a decision then another 5 minutes trying to get through to my TA. The longest 5 minutes of my life.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got a TBD booking on a GUARANTEE YC1. The following day I checked my booking on MSC and it showed 15012 allocated. Even bigger result was all the bonuses from previous booking, OBC, Speciality Dinners and Beverage Packages were still there. Though I suspect the latter one is a little redundant now.

So looking forward to getting on board. Even more so as we are getting a little cheeky cruise in on NCL Sky beforehand. I know it will be no comparison, I just hope NCL Sky won't spoil me.;););)

Not redundant as it means you can get a drink anywhere on the ship and not just in YC areas

Pete

Obviously one would want to take advantage of what the YC offers but would it be like we weren't even sailing with the others....ex. different dining venue and pool area, etc?

Yes - unless those in YC dine in the buffet and hang out at the ship's pool outside YC. AFAIK, YC guests can invite friends to visit the enclave for the day for a fee.

In all probability it would be like they weren't there , if you make full use of the YC facilities, but what you do and where you go on the ship is up to you, there's always time ashore and at the evening shows and after shows entertainment for you to be with them.

Pete

Not redundant as it means you can get a drink anywhere on the ship and not just in YC areas

Pete

Things just got a whole lot better.

I really liked hanging out at the Garden Pool. Now I will have the best of both worlds. Literally

Lets get some numbers correct, the room sizes are :-

A YC1 is 280 sq. ft. ( there are some square shaped ones which have a bigger square footage) They have a 61 sq. ft. balcony

An aft balcony on deck 10 has a 192 sq ft. room with a 118 sq. ft. balcony.

Some other facts that are not quite correct

There are no oceanview cabins in the Yacht Club, so no worries there

There are no inside cabins in the YC on Fantasia class ships, there will be on the Seaside and Meraviglia classes.

There are no YC 1 cabins with panoramic glass windows, the panoramic glass windows are only in the three YC2 cabins on deck 12.

Pete

The square footage for YC1 range from 234 - 283 sq ft per website.

I received a call from the rep today and my room has been assigned...

deck 16

234 sq ft

balcony.

He told me if I would like a different cabin to call him back and he would see what he could do.

Any Suggestions??

The square footage for YC1 range from 234 - 283 sq ft per website.

I received a call from the rep today and my room has been assigned...

deck 16

234 sq ft

balcony.

He told me if I would like a different cabin to call him back and he would see what he could do.

Any Suggestions??

here's is the MSC UK web site cabin sizes (with conversion to sq. ft.) from the Yacht Club brochure (It backs up the info I have)

It gives the dimension then says whether it has a balcony or panoramic window

yc%20squ%20ft.jpg

Unless you can get one of the eight "square" there is not a lot to be gained from changing cabins as they are all more or less the same, the exception being the ones with the balconies facing forward ( which are pretty much useless when cruising because of the wind that the forward motion generates).

Pete

I want to know as well :cool:

Really ??? Where did you find these prices ???

We're not allowed to share specific travel agent information here on CC, but I was able to post a generic screen shot from the trip I took in June. If you click on the link you can see several postings which describe the pricing structure and show the actual prices. Some thought it was interline pricing, but there were many people who were not interline that took advantage of the offer. My TA thinks they simply opened up interline pricing to all due to supply/demand because she sold LOTs more at that price to non-interline folks like myself :).

I ended up paying $947 for YC cruise June 18, including all taxes. I did get a 10% MSC discount on-top of the price posted for working in the social services and a $25 OBC. The price is posted at $1,099.00 but we all know you should never EVER pay sticker, and don't believe that line that all cruise agents must charge the same thing, it's simply not true, nor has it ever been true :).

The prices I screen shot in the link were for around $1,099pp were good for nearly every YC sailing in June and July. I just took a sneak peak at random sailings for September, and October. Each and every sailing I looked at could be had for under $1,500.00. Heck, even the OP of this post paid less than $1,500 and he just accepted an upgrade offer. It sounds like the poster who took the upgrade and kept his original OBC did even better!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.phpt=2354906&highlight=yacht+club+pricing+lower

LOVE IT when we can all share the good deals :), they are out there and on MSC they are pretty darn easy to find when sailing from the USA (I can't speak for those sailing from across the pond, as things seem entirely different). Happy Cruise hunting.

here's is the MSC UK web site cabin sizes (with conversion to sq. ft.) from the Yacht Club brochure (It backs up the info I have)

It gives the dimension then says whether it has a balcony or panoramic window

yc%20squ%20ft.jpg

Unless you can get one of the eight "square" there is not a lot to be gained from changing cabins as they are all more or less the same, the exception being the ones with the balconies facing forward ( which are pretty much useless when cruising because of the wind that the forward motion generates).

Pete

Thanks for the information....

I guess my rep at MSC was misinformed. When I ask the size of the room he put me on hold and came back with 21.73sqm total. Which the US site agreed with?

Sure looks like a regular cabin on the YouTube video....I guess the extra square feet are in the bathroom/closet. The cabin diagram you show....also doesn't match the video.

Guess I'll find out soon enough....lol

Edited by Beachammo

These are photos of our suite , 15013, on Divina looks just like the floor plan on my post

, except the corner unit with the TV and minibar is next to the patio doors, and the walk in wardrobe is next to the bathroom.

P1020616.jpg

P1020617.jpg

and my video

[YOUTUBE]nTHh2BQyVZI[/YOUTUBE]

pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks for the information....

I guess my rep at MSC was misinformed. When I ask the size of the room he put me on hold and came back with 21.73sqm total. Which the US site agreed with?

Sure looks like a regular cabin on the YouTube video....I guess the extra square feet are in the bathroom/closet. The cabin diagram you show....also doesn't match the video.

Guess I'll find out soon enough....lol

Maybe they only count the living space and not the bathroom in their numbers

The footprint used in their brochure is the same as in my 2009/10 brochure which applied to Fantasia and Splendida before Davina was built.

they haven't updated it to take account of the changed configuration.

The sizes quoted in my 2009 brochure say from 22 sq m but in those days there were more smaller suites in the YC on decks 9,10,11, so your guy might be using old info from 7 or 8 years ago

pete

Edited by Skier52

Here are two pictures i took- YC15014 compared to fantastica aft deck 12:

634567bdc2329636adaa641d83097f67.jpg

To me- the cabins felt identical in space with the exception of the bath and closet being bigger in YC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Here are two pictures i took- YC15014 compared to fantastica aft deck 12:

634567bdc2329636adaa641d83097f67.jpg

To me- the cabins felt identical in space with the exception of the bath and closet being bigger in YC.

2871a86bcf5491d0c0da7fad5e638d8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the ships are built in modules most of the external facing cabins are the same width ( 3 metres or 1.5 times that for H cabins) it's only the length which varies and that is where the difference lies ,in fact the difference is behind the camera

pete

Edited by Skier52

Same here ................ first time in YC I was a bit taken aback to see how similar the cabin was to a balcony cabin. Though the fixtures and fittings, towels, bathrobes etc. are better quality in YC.

I'd prefer to have a separate shower rather than having to climb into the tub for one which is one of only two gripes I'd have about YC (the other being that drinks are only included in the YC area).

Because the ships are built in modules most of the external facing cabins are the same width ( 3 metres or 1.5 times that for H cabins) it's only the length which varies and that is where the difference lies ,in fact the difference is behind the camera

pete

Thanks for the clarification Pete. Know I know why they felt the same size in the cabin area. They ARE the same size :)

Same here ................ first time in YC I was a bit taken aback to see how similar the cabin was to a balcony cabin. Though the fixtures and fittings, towels, bathrobes etc. are better quality in YC.

I'd prefer to have a separate shower rather than having to climb into the tub for one which is one of only two gripes I'd have about YC (the other being that drinks are only included in the YC area).

Bathrobes were the same for me. The towels were much nicer in YC. My YC cabin was actually a bit more worn than Fantasia (small cigarette burn in the desk top, carpet tear, etc...).

I didn't mind stepping into the tub, but did feel that bathroom storage space was better in 'regular' because due to the extended sink you could not access the cabinet underneath as easily. This was remedied by the extra little nookie storage unit by the closet. True first world problems lol.

My only real gripes with YC are both found in one pool. I would highly recommend they address the first issue drydock this September; as its an easy fix: Umbrellas or more of the stretched parachute material around loungers!! There is zero shade in the lounging areas in one pool. I'm talking zero. Nodda. Nothing. If you wanted shade by the YC pool during high sun, you needed to be sitting at a table. Also, pool service at one-pool was pretty much non-existent. We spend hours there each day and were asked for drinks less than 5 times. You'd think with the emphasis on service, the YC would step up their game here. Mind you, I didn't mind at all the fact that my butler was missing in action for a few days, just give me lounge chair service outside and I'm happy as a clam.

I would agree with a lot of the points you raise there, BB. Though shade isn't an issue for me at the pool, I can see how it is for others ................. and poolside service was practically non-existant in my experiences in YC, too.

Bathrobes in YC are waffle weave whereas they're towelling elsewhere.

Edited by Beamafar

I'm always amazed at how helpful people are on these MSC boards.

As someone who is looking forward to his first Yacht Club sailing, I am rather disappointed at the numerous comments people have made about the lack of shade by the pool.

It really is such an easy fix ... all of the NCL "away" ships have umbrellas by the lounge chairs in both the Haven and Vibe beach club. Of course, they can't always be used, especially when there's wind but it's such an easy solution.

Hopefully the powers that be at MSC are reading this thread!

I'm always amazed at how helpful people are on these MSC boards.

As someone who is looking forward to his first Yacht Club sailing, I am rather disappointed at the numerous comments people have made about the lack of shade by the pool.

It really is such an easy fix ... all of the NCL "away" ships have umbrellas by the lounge chairs in both the Haven and Vibe beach club. Of course, they can't always be used, especially when there's wind but it's such an easy solution.

Hopefully the powers that be at MSC are reading this thread!

Just wanted to agree with you. The people here are so kind and helpful.

We were going to book a YC suite, but decided on a S3 suite instead. Our 2 reasons are: You cannot drink for free outside of the YC and the second reason is, the balcony is way too small. The S3 balconies are the same size as the cabin!!!! LOVE this. I don't know if the Seaside is going to have a shaded area or not, but this would have been a deal breaker for me too. Would love to experience the YC and maybe we will someday, but for now I am very happy with what we have booked.:):)