Divina - $40 Upgrade to Yahct Club??

Beachammo

I would agree with a lot of the points you raise there, BB. Though shade isn't an issue for me at the pool, I can see how it is for others ................. and poolside service was practically non-existant in my experiences in YC, too.

Bathrobes in YC are waffle weave whereas they're towelling elsewhere.

Thanks for that Beamafar, for awhile there I thought it must only be me!! :)

Do Aurea Suites receive the benefits of Yacht Club????

use of private dining room, lounge and pool???

No, the YC is a separate enclave. Aurea Suites have My Choice (Anytime) dining in a section of the MDR, complimentary use of the Solarium and Thermal Suite in the spa, Allegrissimo (all-inclusive) drinks package and a complimentary massage for each guest. Otherwise they only have the general pool area and lounges outside of YC.

Edited by Beamafar

No. They are two different entities. This is a few of the things that are included in the Aurea suites.

Aurea

Put wellbeing, pampering and peace of mind at the heart of your cruise.

In addition to all the features of ‘Bella’ and ‘Fantastica’, the ‘Aurea’ Experience offers a series of relaxing benefits for body and soul.

Embark smoothly with priority boarding then relax in an elegant stateroom where you’ll find a set of free well-being products as well as a complimentary bathrobe and slippers. Dine at the time of your choice in a reserved area of the main dining room, enjoying 24-hour unlimited drinks.*

Bask in the exclusivity of a private sun deck. Best of all, take advantage of a fantastic Spa package including a spa welcome cocktail, one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, private wellness consultation and unlimited use of the Thermal Area throughout your cruise (available only for adults). Set sail for pure relaxation.

* The drink package refers to Allegrissimo or More For Less Classic depending on the cruise destinations. (Starting Summer 2017 the Allegrissimo package will be re-named the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package & the More-For-Less Classic will be renamed the All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package).

Please refer to the Special Packages section for further details.

We too received this offer for the Divina in September.

I was worried about the guarantee status. But the rep at MSC looked at the inventory that was left and said I was most likely going to get a balcony cabin. Within 2 hours of upgrading we could see on the MSC site that we were assigned 15032. We're very happy.

I'm very excited about the Yacht Club experience!

We are platinum on NCL and were given Black status on MSC. This too is our first MSC cruise. I could be influenced to convert after this!!!!

Prices are great!

We too received this offer for the Divina in September.

I was worried about the guarantee status. But the rep at MSC looked at the inventory that was left and said I was most likely going to get a balcony cabin. Within 2 hours of upgrading we could see on the MSC site that we were assigned 15032. We're very happy.

I'm very excited about the Yacht Club experience!

We are platinum on NCL and were given Black status on MSC. This too is our first MSC cruise. I could be influenced to convert after this!!!!

Prices are great!

Best of luck - YC is very special ................ I'm sure you'll love it!

Can YC availal themselves of the Sun Deck?

It appears as far as the beverage package, it's better to be in Aurea. True? They can have free beverages throughout the ship.

Also the Aurea suites are larger, also true?

Edited by mafig
I always mis-spell aurea/ or is i auerea? lol

Can YC availal themselves of the Sun Deck?

It appears as far as the beverage package, it's better to be in Aurea. True? They can have free beverages throughout the ship.

Also the Aurea suites are larger, also true?

Sun deck: I don't think so

Beverage Package: Yes all over the ship except the YC

The suites are about 178 ...but so is the balcony!!!!! Heaven :)

Now that I'm in the Yacht Club.....Can we grab a meal in the MDR one night if we don't like what MSC is serving in Le Muse?

No, you could try the MDR for breakfast or lunch but not for dinner. Your options would be buffet or Specialty Restaurant/s for a fee.

Thanks Bea.....

Does anyone know if they make a good Bloody Mary? The ones on Royal are terrible!

I didn't care for them so I brought along some of my favorite Bloody Mary mix and the One Bar bartender kept it in his refrigerator behind the bar for me,,,:D

Does anyone know if they make a good Bloody Mary? The ones on Royal are terrible!

Make friends with the barman - in the lounge and at the pool ;) If you have a particular recipe they'll do their utmost to get it right for you.

Edit: I see Mike posted at the same time with an even better suggestion. He knows a bit more about the Bloody Marys onboard obviously :D

Edited by Beamafar

We always stock up on Charleston Blood Mary mix when we are in South Carolina area. Haven't found a better mix in my travels. What mix is used on MSC?

They made me one from scratch but didn't have all of the ingredients. My go to mix is Zing Zang which I purchase from Publix just before we get to port,,if you do bring your own,,be sure it's in your carry on,,:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

They made me one from scratch but didn't have all of the ingredients. My go to mix is Zing Zang which I purchase from Publix just before we get to port,,if you do bring your own,,be sure it's in your carry on,,:D

Zing Zang! Yes! It's the best! :D

• 2 weeks later...

$4500......?

We are paying a bit less than that for our next trip for the 2 of us but have a YC3...the best on the ship.

We usually get a YC2 for a bit under $2000. pp

I see the YC1 usually go for around $1600. pp

There is NOTHING like the Yacht Club. We cruise 3 times a year. Once in the Yacht Club every year.

I always tell my friends who are interested to go to youtube.

Once they see those videos, they are hooked.