ms Noordam in Juneau, AK - July 27, 2016

Copper10-8

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what the Amsterdam is doing next week. No itinerary on either the HAL site of cruisetimetables and I'm guessing it's some kind of charter but googling the ship and date got me nowhere.

According to the CLAA calendars there's no dam ship in Juneau August 2 (when the Amsterdam would normally call and I'll be on the train before she would normally arrive). It is scheduled for Juneau with the Noordam August 4. I arrive Seattle that day and should be able to watch the sailaway from my hotel.

Roy

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what the Amsterdam is doing next week. No itinerary on either the HAL site of cruisetimetables and I'm guessing it's some kind of charter but googling the ship and date got me nowhere.

According to the CLAA calendars there's no dam ship in Juneau August 2 (when the Amsterdam would normally call and I'll be on the train before she would normally arrive). It is scheduled for Juneau with the Noordam August 4. I arrive Seattle that day and should be able to watch the sailaway from my hotel.

Roy

That is weird - the drydock and charters/group thread has no listing for that date and, in fact, no listing at all until she sails on next World Cruise.

That is weird - the drydock and charters/group thread has no listing for that date and, in fact, no listing at all until she sails on next World Cruise.

Yes, that's the first place I looked. The only thing I can think of would be a private company charter that wasn't publicized anywhere, possibly for a corporate incentive to their employees. Jaguar did that with the Crystal Symphony in March, and the cruises just disappeared with it taking some real detective work to find out what was going on.

Roy

Roy

Modified itinerary:

Overnight in Seattle, plus no Sitka

7/31/2016 Sun SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 7:00:00 23:59:59

8/1/2016 Mon Seattle, Washington 0:00:00 16:00:00

8/2/2016 Tue At Sea

8/3/2016 Wed Scenic cruising Tracy Arm 15:00:00 20:00:00

8/4/2016 Thu Juneau, Alaska 7:00:00 14:00:00

8/5/2016 Fri Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00:00 13:00:00

8/6/2016 Sat Victoria, British Columbia 18:00:00 23:59:00

8/7/2016 Sun SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 7:00:00 16:00:00

Yes, that's the first place I looked. The only thing I can think of would be a private company charter that wasn't publicized anywhere, possibly for a corporate incentive to their employees. Jaguar did that with the Crystal Symphony in March, and the cruises just disappeared with it taking some real detective work to find out what was going on.

Roy

I know when the Westerdam returned to FLL last fall, they had a 4 day cruise to Nassau and HMC and I don't remember where else for Sysco Co. The Sysco flag was on the forward flag pole. The webcam at Nassau gave us a great view of it. So this might be the same thing on the Amsterdam - a private company instead of a private group.

Since it is overnight in Seattle [thanks, John] maybe it's something to do with HAL [or not].

Modified itinerary:

Overnight in Seattle, plus no Sitka

7/31/2016 Sun SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 7:00:00 23:59:59

8/1/2016 Mon Seattle, Washington 0:00:00 16:00:00

8/2/2016 Tue At Sea

8/3/2016 Wed Scenic cruising Tracy Arm 15:00:00 20:00:00

8/4/2016 Thu Juneau, Alaska 7:00:00 14:00:00

8/5/2016 Fri Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00:00 13:00:00

8/6/2016 Sat Victoria, British Columbia 18:00:00 23:59:00

8/7/2016 Sun SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 7:00:00 16:00:00

Thank you.

Roy