Why do people like St Kitts & Antigua?

Extra Kim

If I had to choose, I would choose St Kitts over Antigua. St Kitts is reasonably well kept with good infrastructure.

Antigua is suffering from years of neglect brought on by serious political corruption wherein officials plundered funds intended for various public projects.

It won't be remedied anytime soon, but at least there is some recognition of the problem.

What you are missing is that you are primarily a beach person. There is so much more to both places than beaches. St Kitts has a beautiful, lush tropical rain forest perfect for ziplining which we have done twice. Views from Brimstone Fortress are terrific. Antigua in my view has some of the friendliest people in all of the Caribbean. The off-shore diving and snorkeling are superb. A trek out to climb Hell's Gate is an awesome experience.

Different strokes, yada, yada, yada.

We like St. Kitts a lot. Have never had a problem filling a day there.

I agree that Antigua has paid dearly for the corruption that ran rampant there. Still, it's got some good beaches, and an island tour that includes Shirley Heights and English Harbour isn't a bad way to spend a day.

I have been to both islands and can't understand how people can like them especially not St Kitts.

What am I missing? I'm more of a beach person then a city person.

Head to Hawaii, Polynesia or Oceania and you'll wonder how people can settle for most of the Caribbean islands.

I have been to both islands and can't understand how people can like them especially not St Kitts.

As a "beach person", Antigua's 365 options must have had some attraction. Also Nelson's Dockyard is interesting. I have been to St. Kitts a couple of times and share your disinterest. The two are near the bottom of my list of interesting islands.

I do like ziplineing, might do that if we ever gets back to St Kitts. I have done Brimestone, wasn't impressed. But on the other hand we do have a lot of castles and ruins where we live, I guess that it might be more impressive to those who doesn't have this in their hometown http://www.Kalmarslott.se

The same goes for Nelson's, been there done that wouldn't go again

We found St Kitts quite enjoyable while touring the island, even stopped at a couple of nice beaches but we're not 'gotta go to the beach' people. My Swedish ancestors probably loved seafood like my grandfather did, I can't stand it. Some cruisers like Nassau, not me. People like different things that's all.

We have been to St Kitts and Antigua several times.

We are not beach people -- like to see the islands and learn about their history, etc.

Riding the Sugar Train across St. Kitts was easily one of my Top 3 shore excursions of all time. I'd port there again and take the exact same tour without any hesitation. I also though the pier area in St. Kitts was very, very nice and we even loved the guy with the monkeys!

I am not a beach person but I have the same opinion as you. I do not find St.Kitts appealing and I was put off by people and vendors in Antigua. I am going back to Antigua soon and may spend the day on the ship...which would be a first.

We've never been to Anigua , can't comment . On St. Kitts 6 of us rented a taxi for 4 hrs. Who drove us around the island . Dropped us off on a black sand beach ( name escapes me ) & returned to pick us up (!) . We had the beach to ourselves which was lovely . No chairs , just ship towels . I have to say that the poverty & filth , grafetti all over away from port was sad . Don't need to go there again .